Why are OOB ANZAC sculpts (SE) 12 feet tall?

• '17 '16

Okay… I don’t play Global, and I don’t play the 1940 games… but I thought i’d go ahead and pickup some OOB Chinese, Italian and ANZAC sculpts from HBG just for a little flavor in 1941 and 1942 (controlled by the host countries of US, Germany and UK respectively).

Now I had no problem with the Chinese and Italians… but dang… after getting the ANZAC Aussie infantry… this came to mind:

Buying bread from a man in Brussels
    He was six-foot-four and full of muscles
    I said, “Do you speak-a my language?”
    He just smiled and gave me a Vegemite sandwich
    And he said
    I come from a land down under
    Where beer does flow and men chunder

ZOMG… why are Aussies OOB infantry so damn tall?  They literally tower over all other infantry and make all other infantry look like Lilliputians.  This one isn’t HBG’s fault… how could the OOB units be so damn off-scale to all other OOB units?  Oh well… guess i’ll be sticking with Chinese and Italians… I can’t stomach 12-foot tall Aussies.

• '17 '16 '15 '14 '12

Australians are a race of supermen

• I figure this is what happens in a capitalist country when the molds are made by the lowest bidder……

• Customizer

This is why I was glad that I kept my 1940 1st edition ANZAC sculpts.  They are UK Infantry in ANZAC grey.  Much better than the GIANTS of 2nd edition.
    It’s a shame though.  Aside from the physical size, I liked the new ANZAC infantry.

• '17 '16 '15 '14 '12

I lke the first edition UK/ANZAC mechanzed infantry too

• Customizer

@variance:

I lke the first edition UK/ANZAC mechanzed infantry too

They simply shared the US mechanized infantry.  I believe it was the M3 Halftrack.

• '17 '16

@ShadowHAwk:

It isnt as bad ad the 1914 game that you cannot even set-up apparently because it is lacking stuff.

I think you’re talking about 1941?  1941 barely ships with any units out of the box.  I would hope 1914 ships with enough considering its hefty price tag.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m