Christmas Carols for the disturbed

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

These are a real hoot:  I think my favorite is the manic, followed closely by attention deficit.

Christmas Carols for the disturbed

1. Schizophrenia –- Do You Hear What I Hear?

2. Multiple Personality Disorder — We Three Kings Disoriented Are

3. Dementia — I Think I’ll be Home for Christmas

4. Narcissistic — Hark the Herald Angels Sing About Me

5. Manic — Deck the Halls and Walls and House and Lawn and Streets and Stores and Office and Town and Cars and Busses and Trucks and Trees and…

6. Paranoid – Santa Claus is Coming to Town to Get Me

7. Borderline Personality Disorder — Thoughts of Roasting on an Open Fire

8. Personality Disorder — You Better Watch Out, I’m Gonna Cry, I’m  Gonna Pout, Maybe I’ll Tell You Why

9. Attention Deficit Disorder — Silent night, Holy. oooh look at the froggy - can I have a chocolate, why is France so far away?

10. Obsessive Compulsive Disorder --Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells!

• Thats not funny.

• oddly i agree with marine.
    Also i don’t think that whoever came up with those knows much about psychiatry.  Some are just way off.

• @marine36:

Thats not funny.

'Tis the season to be offended
    Fa la la la la, la la la la

• other than falling far from the psychiatry tree there isnt anything thing really that funny going on, well maybe the OCD one was alttle funny

Perhaps some of you are just a little to PR conscious?  Sometimes you just need to read things with some humor.  Heck, I laugh at stupid rooskie jokes.  /shrug.

• @Jennifer:

Perhaps some of you are just a little to PR conscious?  Sometimes you just need to read things with some humor.  Heck, I laugh at stupid rooskie jokes.  /shrug.

no no
    i can see how “certain special” people would find these jokes funny.  I can imagine them making fun of Black and Asian people, cripples, haemophiliacs, cancer victims etc.  Yup - very funny stuff.

• @cystic:

no no
    i can see how “certain special” people would find these jokes funny.  I can imagine them making fun of Black and Asian people, cripples, haemophiliacs, cancer victims etc.  Yup - very funny stuff.

I guess this is not the place to say about how nice it is that people with Alzheimers are always meeting new people?

I am sorry, coming form a paranoid megalomaniac, I think it was quite humorous.  No offense taken here.

• @ncscswitch:

@cystic:

no no

I guess this is not the place to say about how nice it is that people with Alzheimers are always meeting new people?

This is almost funny.  A few patients who i’ve seen repeatedly EVERY TIME tell me:
    “it’s VERY nice to meet you Dr!”
    “(sigh) yes, it is nice to . . . meet . . . you too sir/ma’am . . . .”
    They are always amazed when i know all about their daughter Lucy (or whoever) and the cats (or whatever story they love to tell).

• A funny thing is, my parents would never allow me to go caroling as a child.

Everyone seems to ask, “Why is that?”

Well, you would have to know Carol.

• Personally, I thought they were stinkin’ hilarious :D.

geez is it this bad: :-o

Silent night, Holy. oooh look at the froggy - can I have a chocolate, why is France so far away?

GG :wink:

• didnt find them offensive, just plain not funny. <shrug>. a joke to me is only offensive if it is intended to be, if you catch my meaning. now, other people are certainly different, but if you make, say, an italian joke about me (im italian) that is done jovially and intended simply as a joke, i may or may not find it funny, but i wont take offense. if someone who hates italian people makes an italian joke to be derrogatory and insulting, it may be the same joke, but then i will take offense (and that will generally mean i will form a negative impression of that person, i probably wont do anything unless it is continuous). i think people need to lighten up. understand the source and intent of the  joke, and if its not meant to be inflammatory or derrogatory, dont take it as such. jokes are jokes.</shrug>

• @Guerrilla:

geez is it this bad: :-o

Silent night, Holy. oooh look at the froggy - can I have a chocolate, why is France so far away?

As someone who both HAS and has studied extensively ADHD, this really isn’t that funny.  I’m really not sure how to make it funny either. 
    Besides, believe it or not, i would expect this kind of tangential process to occur in someone with either psychosis or mania.  Usually mania.

• Having to live with someone like that makes it not funny.

• Knowing people like that (and being good friends with a couple) makes it hilarious, to me… but I’m agreeing with Janus on this one (though, not being part of a minority in any way, it’d be hard to insult me with a joke, unless it was personal :P).

• @Wargaming_nut:

Knowing people like that (and being good friends with a couple) makes it hilarious, to me… but I’m agreeing with Janus on this one (though, not being part of a minority in any way, it’d be hard to insult me with a joke, unless it was personal :P).

i’m not so personally offended.  Well, i guess as a clinician my sensibilities are a wee bit - i mean couldn’t the people at least aim to be mildly accurate?

• Heh, fair enough :P. But still, for a stupid joke, close enough… ;)

@Janus1:

didnt find them offensive, just plain not funny. <shrug>. a joke to me is only offensive if it is intended to be, if you catch my meaning. now, other people are certainly different, but if you make, say, an italian joke about me (im italian) that is done jovially and intended simply as a joke, i may or may not find it funny, but i wont take offense. if someone who hates italian people makes an italian joke to be derrogatory and insulting, it may be the same joke, but then i will take offense (and that will generally mean i will form a negative impression of that person, i probably wont do anything unless it is continuous). i think people need to lighten up. understand the source and intent of the  joke, and if its not meant to be inflammatory or derrogatory, dont take it as such. jokes are jokes.</shrug>

See, this I can understand.  Why anyone would be offended - especially if they don’t have the disorders - is beyond me.  However, just not appreciating the joke because you don’t find it humorous is fine.  Not everyone has the same sense humor, ya know.

• especially if they don’t have the disorders

that has nothing to do with it. the point is, if you made the joke to be malicious,  derrogatory, and inflammatory, then it would be offensive, whether anyone here had/knew someone who had the disorder or not. if its meant to be a joke, then if someone is offended, they are too sensitive IMO. though, i will say that if someone has a family dying of cancer, for instance, while a cancer joke wouldnt be offensive, it might be in bad taste, if you dont want to upset the person.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m