Increasing convoy disruptions

• Sponsor

During each convoy disruption phase, disruptions are made for both your ships against your enemies territories, and enemy ships against your territories.

• '17 '16

@Young:

Would players strategize for, and attempt more convoy disruptions if ships in convoy zones could potentially take up to twice the amount of IPC value of adjacent territories?

To increase Convoy Raid, I believe a raider warship should do raid in NCM if SZ empty and on as OOB. Twice occasions, and put Control Marker to sum IPCs lost.

• Sponsor

@Baron:

@Young:

Would players strategize for, and attempt more convoy disruptions if ships in convoy zones could potentially take up to twice the amount of IPC value of adjacent territories?

To increase Convoy Raid, I believe a raider warship should do raid in NCM if SZ empty and on as OOB. Twice occasions, and put Control Marker to sum IPCs lost.

How exactly would that work? whos NCM?

• '17 '16

During Non-Combat Move phase, if a Sub or any other warship is in an empty Convoy SZ, you would roll a Convoy Disruption attack.

That way if a Power left empty such SZ or is unable to defend it succesfully, opponent get a chance to double dip ( on his turn and during the regular Convoy Disruption phase.

• Sponsor

That’s interesting, but would it also work if convoy disruptions were rolled not only during the regular convoy disruption phase… but also for the attacker?

so basically if I’m Germany and I move a sub into 109, it would disrupt convoys during my convoy disruption phase as well as my enemy’s disruption phase if they failed to get rid of it.

• Sponsor

First post was edited.

• '17 '16

@Young:

During each convoy disruption phase, disruptions are made for both your ships against your enemies territories, and enemy ships against your territories.

Much better than what I suggested.
    More in the game flow and mechanics, since there is such Convoy Disruption phase for each player.

According to my idea, if a German U-boat move into Sz 109, sink the only UK Destroyer patrolling, then on Germany Convoy Disruption phase of the same turn, it can Convoy raid UK too.

And, on UK’s turn, if it cannot sink this damn U-boat, then on UK Convoy phase, this Sub can strike again.

• Sponsor

@Baron:

@Young:

More in the game flow and mechanics, since there is such Convoy Disruption phase for each player.

According to my idea, if a German U-boat move into Sz 109, sink the only UK Destroyer patrolling, then on Germany Convoy Disruption phase of the same turn, it can Convoy raid UK too.

And, on UK’s turn, if it cannot sink this damn U-boat, then on UK Convoy phase, this Sub can strike again.

Gonna put it in my rules as per first post, needs play testing though.

• '17 '16

@Young:

@Baron:

@Young:

Yes.
    But there is room to manage it.
    Instead of giving 2 dice to Fighters and TacBs on board Carriers, just one per Convoy phase can be enough.
    Sub can stay with two dice in both phases.
    You can also reduce the odds per roll: 1 or 2 , gets 1 or 2 IPCs damage,
    3 to 6 gets no damage.
    Subs can keeps 2 rolls per Phase, for 8 damage points vs 16 with no damage.
    OOB, it was 6 damage points vs 6 with no damage.
    Etc.

• Sponsor

@Baron:

@Young:

@Baron:

@Young:

Yes.
    But there is room to manage it.
    Instead of giving 2 dice to Fighters and TacBs on board Carriers, just one per Convoy phase can be enough.
    Sub can stay with two dice in both phases.
    You can also reduce the odds per roll: 1 or 2 , gets 1 or 2 IPCs damage,
    3 to 6 gets no damage.
    Subs can keeps 2 rolls per Phase, for 8 damage points vs 16 with no damage.
    OOB, it was 6 damage points vs 6 with no damage.
    Etc.

I actually think that the dynamics are well represented, aircraft should get 2 dice on convoys and aircraft carriers get none etc…

the only way I see a nation getting convoyed for twice the amount is if the fleet in the zone is huge and overwhelming, a few ships with a couple subs will tend to roll 4s, 5s,or 6s and sometimes 1s. it will be effective against territories that only have 2 or 3 IPC values… but it’s meant to encourage getting ships in there, and clearing them out. We will see some devastating convoy disruptions in certain circumstances, but most of the time the max money won’t be reached IMO. Gotta test it to find out.

• '17 '16

I really  like having some feedback.
    :-)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m