G40 Balance Mod - Rules and Download

• Madagascar and two of the South African ones, and it puts Morocco, Tunisia and Algeria in play if they aren’t already.  Those can be extremely valuable to the USA for bases

Syria too, if the Allies somehow neutralize Italy’s fleet
    These IPC’s can really add up over the rounds, which is what JDOW is talking about

• '19 '17 '16

I’ve often pondered if Germany should strafe Paris and leave it for Italy to finish it off, which massively improves the positioning of the German forces. I’m wondering if this strategy is done often as Axis in BM?

• If it’s improved position of Germany’s forces you want, consider attacking Paris with a bunch of aircraft, and cheat mech/tanks to the east.  It’s been done several times
    Don’t let one little AA gun scare you - overwhelm it with more than 3 planes

It’s been awhile since I’ve heard talk about leaving Paris for Italy.  It hasn’t been done many times, and I haven’t heard anything positive about it.  Obviously it’s a shot in the arm for the Italians, but the Germans can make better use of the +17, and also the +4 income per round and the ability to build at that complex and repair that airbase.  Do it if you have the need for variety and freshness, but I don’t think it’ll help your chances of winning the game.  Not saying it will hurt it, but I don’t think it will help it either.  Also keep in mind, you might be letting a British tank move first (and maybe even artillery, depending on how your hit and run goes and if your opponent knows you’re doing this, which he will after you’ve done it once or if he’s reading this - he might take off French fighter before British units)
    I know this might be a nonfactor (the British getting to move first) but it also might be a factor.  Depending on what the situation in South France is…… if the Germans hit and run Paris and if they take South France light, the British might attack it from Paris

Oh yeah, Vichy in balanced mod.  So if you hit and run Paris, you are letting the British move ground to South France without even burning a transport.  Whoops

• '19 '17 '16

Right, and if the British tank moves into Southern France the Vichy rule can’t be activated. Hmm, so you have to kill that tank before even considering a retreat.

• And the Allied player could save that tank until last, so it could be impossible to retreat and also kill the tank

• '19 '17 '16

@Gamerman01:

And the Allied player could save that tank until last, so it could be impossible to retreat and also kill the tank

And they should. So the best thing this gambit can achieve against proper allied play is forcing the plane to be killed before the British tank. Unless you attack with overwhelming air forces and weak land forces so you don’t need to retreat, which doesn’t seem a winning move.

• How is using overwhelming air on Paris, sending mech and tanks east on G1 and still taking Paris “not a winning move”?
    You might even be able to do a G1 declaration on Russia at the same time.  Ever considered that?  I’ve done it and won, more than once
    You can’t put too much pressure on Russia -
    ESPECIALLY in balanced mod with all the extra money for Russia.  You can’t beat them down too fast

• '19 '17 '16

Wouldn’t you lose too many planes in the assault on Paris, at least potentially? I did say weak land forces.

• There’s no reason not to attack with all the available infantry and artillery, and maybe a couple trucks/tanks.  Without running it, pretty sure it’s highly unlikely you will lose more than the 1 plane that you have a 40% chance to lose to the AAA

• '19 '17 '16

The reason I was referring to was to leave Paris for Italy - that isn’t a winning move.

I think we’re talking at cross purposes here.

• Ahhh, I appreciate the clarification

• '19 '17 '16

@Mistergreen:

@cyanight:

On the Lend Lease National objectives.

If Russia declares war on Japan then they do NOT get the bonus +2 for each Lend Lease lane that is open.

Is this correct?

Yes

Wow! That’s a real incentive not to declare war on Japan then. Made a schoolboy error there in one game.

• '19 '17 '16

So wrt the 10 IPC Japanese bonus in OOB for not declaring war and not attacking FIC; if Vichy activates then you can claim that territory without attacking it and still collect the bonus in rounds two and perhaps three?

Can I have a clarification on this one?

• '19 '17

@simon33:

So wrt the 10 IPC Japanese bonus in OOB for not declaring war and not attacking FIC; if Vichy activates then you can claim that territory without attacking it and still collect the bonus in rounds two and perhaps three?

In OOB the bonus if for attacking/invading, declaring war on France changes nothing. Same thing in BM, so if Japan is controlling FIC then they can’t get the bonus.

• '19 '17 '16

@Adam514:

@simon33:

In OOB the bonus if for attacking/invading, declaring war on France changes nothing. Same thing in BM, so if Japan is controlling FIC then they can’t get the bonus.

Hold on, you can control FIC doing none of those things because it becomes a Pro Axis neutral. Or should you not be able to do so?

• '19 '17

@simon33:

@Adam514:

@simon33:

Hold on, you can control FIC doing none of those things because it becomes a Pro Axis neutral. Or should you not be able to do so?

Simply put, the NO only works if Japan does not control FIC and has never attacked it.

• '19 '17 '16

Alright. I see a need to tidy up the wording then.

• '19 '17

On second thought I’m not sure about the ‘‘never having attacked it’’ part. In any case, TripleA only cares about whether its occupied, so the wording is correct with regards to TripleA (OOB has the same wording and no rule has changed with respect to that NO).

• '19 '17 '16

What has changed though, is the possibility of occupying FIC without attacking it. This isn’t possible OOB but is possible in BM with the Vichy rules.

Hasn’t this come up before?

• '19 '17

The No says ‘‘occupied’’, so the circumstances have not changed.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m