G40 Balance Mod - Rules and Download

• Great, thanks Adam!

JDOW, it’s only if a different power’s marine is on a different power’s cruiser/battleship
    Kamikazes can still totally be used against USA ships carrying USA marines or ANZ ships carrying ANZ marines

If you leave a fighter at the Philippines, the landing is impossible

• Right. By way of further clarification, the Anzac cruiser carrying the US marine (for example) CAN be kamikazied on ANZAC’s turn it the cruiser engages in combat. The Kamikazi exemption only applies to that cruiser on the US’s turn, if and when the US elects to unload the marine.

• '19 '17 '16

Sounds fair. I presume that means if a sea combat is triggered by a scramble, the Kamikaze is still permitted.

• '19 '17

@simon33:

Sounds fair. I presume that means if a sea combat is triggered by a scramble, the Kamikaze is still permitted.

Not sure what you mean by that. Scramble would prevent a lone friendly cruiser from unloading a marine of another power, just like it would prevent a lone friendly tp.

• '19 '17 '16

@Adam514:

@simon33:

Not sure what you mean by that. Scramble would prevent a lone friendly cruiser from unloading a marine of another power, just like it would prevent a lone friendly tp.

Ah sorry. Forgot we were referring to only allied (different nation) cruisers.

• I am having problems downloading the bm map.
    could someone help me please.
    thank you very much

• do you have the latest version of TripleA? What steps are you taking to download the map and what is happening?

• '19 '17 '16

@dawgoneit:

I am having problems downloading the bm map.
    could someone help me please.
    thank you very much

Should be contained in the Global set of maps.

• '15 '14

@Gamerman01:

Great, thanks Adam!

JDOW, it’s only if a different power’s marine is on a different power’s cruiser/battleship
    Kamikazes can still totally be used against USA ships carrying USA marines or ANZ ships carrying ANZ marines

If you leave a fighter at the Philippines, the landing is impossible

ok, thanks for clarifying.

• Can anyone clerify this wording:
    “Also, when not at war with Japan, Russia may not move its units into any non-Russian Allied territory in Asia, other than Syria, Trans-Jordan, Iraq, Persia, NorthWest Persia, and East Persia.”

How does this work with the wording in the rulebook about Russia being a neutral power and thus not being able to move into other neutral or allied/axis powers territories? So if Russia still isn’t at war with anyone (being a neutral power) would they in Bal. Mod 2.0 be allowed to move units down to those 6 territories?

Thanks in advance.
    Best regards MrCunego

• '19 '17 '16

@mrcunego:

Can anyone clerify this wording:
    “Also, when not at war with Japan, Russia may not move its units into any non-Russian Allied territory in Asia, other than Syria, Trans-Jordan, Iraq, Persia, NorthWest Persia, and East Persia.”

How does this work with the wording in the rulebook about Russia being a neutral power and thus not being able to move into other neutral or allied/axis powers territories? So if Russia still isn’t at war with anyone (being a neutral power) would they in Bal. Mod 2.0 be allowed to move units down to those 6 territories?

Thanks in advance.
    Best regards MrCunego

It’s assuming USSR is at war in Europe. Otherwise you can’t move into those territories either.

• So USSR is at war with germany/italy and not japan. Those 6 territories is open for Russias movement if they are under allied control. Not if there are neutral. Correct?

• '19 '17

@mrcunego:

So USSR is at war with germany/italy and not japan. Those 6 territories is open for Russias movement if they are under allied control. Not if there are neutral. Correct?

As long as they are not Japanese or do not contain Japanese units, Russia can move into them (when at war with Euro Axis). So yes Russia can move into them if the territories are neutral.

• Thanks for the help.

• Looks cool to me.

• '19 '17 '16

Version 2.2 of Balanced Mod resolves the China getting convoyed bug.

To anyone who cares/understands was an issue with a duplicated XML node - the second one overwrote the first. Needed one node with both properties.

You’ll need to re-download the map to get it.

• '19 '17

Thanks!

• '19 '17 '16

BM 3.0 now uploaded to the Maps repository.

Once you download the update you won’t be able to start a BM2 game via the Select Game button; well without getting tricky anyway.

I’ve called it Mod3 to prevent getting annoying errors with objectives in your new or existing games.

• '19 '17

@simon33:

BM 3.0 now uploaded to the Maps repository.

Once you download the update you won’t be able to start a BM2 game via the Select Game button; well without getting tricky anyway.

I’ve called it Mod3 to prevent getting annoying errors with objectives in your new or existing games.

Great thanks!

• Simon, your rock, bra!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m