G40 Balance Mod - Rules and Download

• aha! But it is impossible for Japan to attack allied troops unsuccessfully, without having already violated one of the other two conditions (i.e. it must be at war with USA, ANZAC, or UK). So its a moot point. Thats why “occupied” was sufficient. But whatevs. . .

In that case, u might as well change the objective’s language in Vanilla and every other Global iteration, cuz the language is the same in all of them.

• @regularkid:

aha! But it is impossible for Japan to attack allied troops unsuccessfully, without having already violated one of the other two conditions (i.e. it must be at war with USA, ANZAC, or UK). So its a moot point. Thats why “occupied” was sufficient. But whatevs. . .

Incorrect!
    Japan can be at war with UK/ANZ and still collect from FIC, in the case of an unprovoked attack by UK/ANZ!

So if UK/ANZ declares war on Japan and occupies FIC, then Japan could attack FIC and fail, and this should nullify the NO, even though it is not occupied by Japan and Japan is not at war with the USA

• '15

Aren’t we all just doing J1 these days anyway?  :-D

• '15 '14

no.

• @Gamerman01:

@regularkid:

aha! But it is impossible for Japan to attack allied troops unsuccessfully, without having already violated one of the other two conditions (i.e. it must be at war with USA, ANZAC, or UK). So its a moot point. Thats why “occupied” was sufficient. But whatevs. . .

Incorrect!
    Japan can be at war with UK/ANZ and still collect from FIC, in the case of an unprovoked attack by UK/ANZ!

So if UK/ANZ declares war on Japan and occupies FIC, then Japan could attack FIC and fail, and this should nullify the NO, even though it is not occupied by Japan and Japan is not at war with the USA

touche. ::hat tip::

• :-D Thanks

• '22 '16

Is is legal for a US bomber to land in Amur, even though Russia is not at war with Japan but they are at war with Germany and Italy?  The US is at war with Japan.  Turn 5.  The politics panel shows the US and Russia as allies.  There is no distinction between what territories the allied forces can occupy in Russia.  Europe map, pacific map?  Or am I wrong?

• No, Russia must be at war with Japan.

When Russia is not at war with Japan, Russian territories on the Pacific map are neutral

• '22 '16

Thank you for the clarification.  As idioitc as that seems.  So basically there is an invisible wall that would prevent a US bomber from leaving Moscow and landing in Siberia.  And this wall only exists because Russia has not attacked Japan and that imaginary line just happens to line up with where the game creators decided to split the board to make two independant games.  Seem logical :wink:

• 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16 '15

@majikforce:

Thank you for the clarification.  As idioitc as that seems.  So basically there is an invisible wall that would prevent a US bomber from leaving Moscow and landing in Siberia.  And this wall only exists because Russia has not attacked Japan and that imaginary line just happens to line up with where the game creators decided to split the board to make two independant games.  Seem logical :wink:

interesting, exactly where can tis bomber land? assuming it starts in india, Novosibirsk, Timguska, Evenkiyskiy, Yenisey?

• '22 '16

From what I understand it can’t land anywhere on the pacific map that is a Russian territory.  And for reference the bomber left from Hawaii and landed in Amur.

• Well, I’m slow to defend the creators of the rules many times, but this one does make sense to me - not the invisible wall part, but the part where USA can’t stage bombers close to Japan in Eastern Russia when Russia is not at war with Japan.

• '19 '17

@Gamerman01:

Well, I’m slow to defend the creators of the rules many times, but this one does make sense to me - not the invisible wall part, but the part where USA can’t stage bombers close to Japan in Eastern Russia when Russia is not at war with Japan.

Yes the neutrality pact between Japan and Russia must have prevented using Russian lands to launch an attack on the Japanese. That’s why the US bombers that landed in Russia were interned.

• '19 '17 '16

There is also the possibility of USSR entering FIC.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Quick Question…

The French fleet in Sz93.

If the italians have a transport in that sz, and the british attack it,  do the french ships defend?  Or do they only defend in the event of an amphibious invasion of Southern France?

Further - do the ships block allied movement?

Last - does southern France provide naval base support to axis?  whilst vichy?

I should clarify that my questions are about a “Vichy” French fleet in Sz93.

See game, and why I am asking these questions - here:
    http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=40611.30

• 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16 '15

@Gargantua:

Quick Question…

If the italians have a transport in that sz, and the british attack it,  do the french ships defend?  Or do they only defend in the event of an amphibious invasion of Southern France?

you might want to wait for an official answer but I believe the ships will defend if attacked, you cant just attack the transport. Yes, the ships block the sea zone and the navy base provides a movment of 3

@oysteilo:

@Gargantua:

Quick Question…

you might want to wait for an official answer but I believe the ships will defend if attacked, you cant just attack the transport. Yes, the ships block the sea zone and the navy base provides a movment of 3

So an unactivated territory gives a naval base boost? Well that’s interesting.  You can’t land your planes thier but it boosts your fleet? I am suspect!

As for the ships defending - the reason I ask, neutral units are generally tied to the territory they are associated with.  These being naval units leave a lot of room for interpretation.

As these are house rules, it’s important to know the intent of the author.  I’ve seen variants of this where the ships only defend if thier is an amphibious assault against the main territory; or if they are being specifically attacked.

• '15 '14

Rules say “French territories not already under Axis control immediately change ownership to Pro-Axis Neutrals, except: (1) French Equatorial Africa; (2) New Hebrides; (2) any French territories containing non-French allied land units.”

I would assume a neutral territory (even if pro-Axis) won’t provide naval base support.

I do not even know whether Italy can move a TT into white sz 93 ships.

Well I’m fairly certain the naval base is a no go item.

The Rules are fairly clear that a country cannot use another counties facilities unless both are at war.

The ships is still an issue though.

Like Japan can attack U.K./Anzac ships whilst American ships in the same sea zone loiter and taunt, I would believe the same condition applies to sz93.

I am not at war with this country after all.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m