G40 Balance Mod - Rules and Download

• '15

@majikforce:

Can marines be loaded onto transports?  If so can two of them be loaded on one transport?

Yes to both.

• '15

@Koala:

Another question on shore bombardment and marines: :roll:

I thought I had it, but am not so sure anymore…

Can you bombard while only unloading marines from cruisers/BBs? Or do you need a transport unloading stuff, too?

Examples:

1. one cruiser unloads one marine in a territory.

• May the cruiser bombard?

2. one cruiser unloads one marine in a territory AND one transport unloads stuff in the same territory.

• May the cruiser bombard?

3. one cruiser unloads one marine in a territory AND one transport unloads stuff in another adjacent territory.

• May the cruiser bombard? If yes which one? Both?

thanks in advance :)

1. Yes

2. Yes.

3. Yes.  It may bombard either one.

• @Gamerman01:

Yeah, to me “mainland Europe” includes Scandinavia and just excludes islands  :-D

hehe. its not a matter of opinion really.

• You’re missing the point.  Use unambiguous language.  Say mainland Europe does not include Scandinavia.

• but it does include scandinavia. lol

• Wrote it down this time.
    Now I remember you guys saying Russia does get the NO for Finland, Norway still.

• '21 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16

In my BM2.0 game vs artofwar I landed us units in Russia pacific side. Russia and us are allies, however russia and japan are not at war, us and japan are. I believe this is not allowed, I just want to be sure.

• '19 '17

@Giallo:

In my BM2.0 game vs artofwar I landed us units in Russia pacific side. Russia and us are allies, however russia and japan are not at war, us and japan are. I believe this is not allowed, I just want to be sure.

It is not allowed (whether it’s BM or vanilla).

• '19 '17 '16

@regularkid:

http://ghstravelsafe.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Europe.gif

Iceland is part of europe? No.

Britain and Ireland? Europe is a continent isn’t it. Continents can’t include islands. Does this refer to the EU perhaps?

continent1
    ˈkɒntɪnənt/
    noun
    noun: continent; plural noun: continents

any of the world’s main continuous expanses of land (Europe, Asia, Africa, North and South America, Australia, Antarctica).
        synonyms: mainland
        “the continent of Europe”

• Islands can be part of continents. This is hardly a close call. For example, the U.K. Is absolutely part of Europe, geographically speaking. I wasn’t able to find the extremely tortured definition you quoted on any of the main dictionary sites. A source might be helpful.

Merriam Webster offers this definition

continent
    adjective  con·ti·nent \ˈkän-tə-nənt
    Simple Definition of continent
    medical : able to control your bladder and bowels

• '19 '17 '16

Came up in a google search right above all the results.

• according to that definition, Japan is not in Asia. and Manhattan gis not in North America. The definition is obviously under inclusive and not what we’re talking about.

• '19 '17 '16

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/continent?s=t

continent
    [kon-tn-uh nt]

Examples
       Word Origin

See more synonyms on Thesaurus.com
    noun
    one of the main landmasses of the globe, usually reckoned as seven in number (Europe, Asia, Africa, North America, South America, Australia, and Antarctica).
    a comparable landmass on another planet.
    the mainland, as distinguished from islands or peninsulas.
    the Continent, the mainland of Europe, as distinguished from the British Isles.
    a continuous tract or extent, as of land.
    Archaic. something that serves as a container or boundary.
    adjective
    exercising or characterized by restraint in relation to the desires or passions and especially to sexual desires; temperate.
    able to control urinary and fecal discharge.
    Obsolete. containing; being a container; capacious.
    Obsolete. restraining or restrictive.
    Obsolete. continuous; forming an uninterrupted tract, as land.

So according to that source, it is valid to refer to Norway as not part of the continent.

Mirriam-Webster has more or less the same definition further down.

• According to that source, it is valid to refer to Europe as encompassing Asia and vice versa.

• Hey Mod Squad:

Its me, ErwinRommel.

I love your work. The game is much more exiting with this balance.

No’s reflect reality. Axis should fear the allied economic advantage.

This is the game ill be playing from now on.

I do have some questions though:

1: New China Guerrillas No
    American bombers might spawn chinese men on the ground by killing the lone japanese units.
    Intended? How about infs are spawned and territory is changed to chinese after Japan collects income?

2: Does french ships become pro axis if they are not in z93 when Franco-German Armistice is applyied?
    What about french units jumping around planning to become pro axis? Might be best to evacuate them to British areas and avoid treachery xD

3: Is marines same as infantry when it comes to loading a normal transport?

4: Is revised victory conditions realy nessesary? Might lead to kgf or kjf strategies.
    Id want allies to pay the price for focusing on either Germany or Japan to much.

Some suggestions.

What about:

1: Changing marines so they do get bonus from fighting with artillery?

2: Changing AA cost to 3?

3: Increasing the maximum damage that can be inflicted to navalyards, airfields and minor IC’s? Mabye to 10?

4: Giving bombers decreased effectivness (no more +2) when bombing navalyards and airfields?
    And giving tac bombers boost vs Airfields and Navalyards (+1)?

5: Changing Russian NO to this:

*  3 PUs for each originally German, Italian, or Pro-Axis neutral territory that Russia controls in mainland Europe excluding islands but not Scandinavia. (This modifies Russia’s “Spread of Communism” objective).

6: Changing Vichy France rules so that it can only be activated round 1 during German turn?

Do with my suggestions as you please. Thanks for all your hard work  :mrgreen:

• '19 '17

@Nameless:

Hey Mod Squad:

Its me, ErwinRommel.

I love your work. The game is much more exiting with this balance.

No’s reflect reality. Axis should fear the allied economic advantage.

This is the game ill be playing from now on.

I do have some questions though:

1: New China Guerrillas No
    American bombers might spawn chinese men on the ground by killing the lone japanese units.
    Intended? How about infs are spawned and territory is changed to chinese after Japan collects income?

2: Does french ships become pro axis if they are not in z93 when Franco-German Armistice is applyied?
    What about french units jumping around planning to become pro axis? Might be best to evacuate them to British areas and avoid treachery xD

3: Is marines same as infantry when it comes to loading a normal transport?

4: Is revised victory conditions realy nessesary? Might lead to kgf or kjf strategies.
    Id want allies to pay the price for focusing on either Germany or Japan to much.

Some suggestions.

What about:

1: Changing marines so they do get bonus from fighting with artillery?

2: Changing AA cost to 3?

3: Increasing the maximum damage that can be inflicted to navalyards, airfields and minor IC’s? Mabye to 10?

4: Giving bombers decreased effectivness (no more +2) when bombing navalyards and airfields?
    And giving tac bombers boost vs Airfields and Navalyards (+1)?

5: Changing Russian NO to this:

*   3 PUs for each originally German, Italian, or Pro-Axis neutral territory that Russia controls in mainland Europe excluding islands but not Scandinavia. (This modifies Russia’s “Spread of Communism” objective).

6: Changing Vichy France rules so that it can only be activated round 1 during German turn?

Do with my suggestions as you please. Thanks for all your hard work  :mrgreen:

Hey ErwinRommel  :-).

To answer your questions:
    1. Yeah it’s intended. It’s not like the US could effectively build a strategy around it and Japan couldn’t do anything about it.

2. No it’s only in 93, so if Vichy is activated after the first round, chances are that the French boats are no longer in 93.
    Vichy is activated before the French move if the conditions are met, so the French could only jump around if Vichy is not activated on round 1.

3. Yeah marines take the same space on tps.

4. Taking a major Axis capital is too difficult and takes too long, the other side has more than enough time to win before that happens. The rule is to prevent excessive shipping of Axis forces to a single theater to try and win in that theater, making the other theater basically inconsequential.

Thank you for your suggestions. We already thought about most of them, and indeed the 6 damage cap on bases is a bit annoying, but I doubt it would warrant more than an increase to 8 if any. I’m not sure what you mean with number 5, you want Scandinavia to be excluded from the Russian NO? Why?

Thank you for your support  :-).

• @Adam514:

I’m not sure what you mean with number 5, you want Scandinavia to be excluded from the Russian NO? Why?

No. I think he’s simply proposing language to “clarify” what the rule already is. However, the proposed statement of the rule is redundant since “mainland Europe”  already excludes islands and includes scandinavia, by definition.

As for the other proposals, as Adam states, most were considered; several are discussed elsewhere on this thread. In general though, we ask four basic questions regarding any proposed change: (1) is it necessary to improve balance; (2) will it improve gameplay; (3) will it improve historicality (or have substantial historic justification); and (4) is it easily understand and simply applied? If a strong case can be made for the change on each of these fronts, it is a serious contender.

• '19 '17 '16

@regularkid:

According to that source, it is valid to refer to Europe as encompassing Asia and vice versa.

According to the source there are multiple interpretations of what is valid, but none include islands. Eire, Tasmania, Hawaii, Britain etc are all out.

• I’m not sure what you mean with number 5, you want Scandinavia to be excluded from the Russian NO? Why?

I get what you mean regular kid and Adam :)
    Just keep NO as it is, its much better than the original one.

1. Yeah it’s intended. It’s not like the US could effectively build a strategy around it and Japan couldn’t do anything about it.

America should airstrike Jap units in China from India in Russia lategame. (America should have planes there)
    It pays of +2 IPC  or more each time. You might spawn 5-6 chinese inf each round. Japanese land units are very valuable and is worth killing.
    I agree that this is historicaly accurate as aiding china was one of the major objectives in ww2.

Id work it into my longterm strategy. All ways to bleed Japans economy is good, preventing or delaying them from capturing India.

I hope you can cosidder to make AA guns cost 3. Then it might actually be worthwile to buy them and use them strategically.

• '14 Customizer

On the Lend Lease National objectives.

If Russia declares war on Japan then they do NOT get the bonus +2 for each Lend Lease lane that is open.

Is this correct?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m