G40 Balance Mod - Rules and Download

• '19 '17

1. Yes Germany does not collect income from Vichy territories.
    2. Not quite sure what you mean. After Vichy occurs, the fleet at Toulon, the units in S France, the African and Syrian inf turn pro-Axis (though the fleet at Toulon can’t be commandeered by Axis, it just stays there, and the units in S France would disband along with every pro-Axis Vichy inf if Axis take S France). The units who don’t turn Vichy are the units in London and the destroyer by Madagascar. I recommend you test Vichy on triple A to see what it does.

• Ok, thanks adam!

• @Kamikaze_pilot:

@regularkid:

Russia

• An additional 2 PUs per each “open” Lend-Lease lane, when Russia is at war with European Axis, if Japan has also declared war on Russia.

I’m not quite sure how this works. So if Russia declares war on Japan, Russia doesn’t get the 2 PUs bonus? But doesn’t Japan declare war on Russia the following round, if Russia just declared war? So you get the 2 UPs per lane the following round?

Or does it mean you only get the 2 PUs bonus if Japan declares war first to Russia?

Cheers

No. If Russia declares war on Japan first, Russia never gets the 2 PU bonus. If Japan declares war first, Russia always gets the 2 PU bonus (i.e, 2 extra PUs for each lend lease route that isn’t blocked) for the rest of the game

• '19

Do both players need to have the objectives downloaded or can I play someone without the updated objective screen after I make the changes?

• '19 '17

@AldoRaine:

Do both players need to have the objectives downloaded or can I play someone without the updated objective screen after I make the changes?

The updated objectives only affect what you see, so yes you can play anyone whether you have the updated objectives shown in the objectives tab or not.

• The same turn you ncm into “vichy” south France you can build units in the factory. Is that a irregularity due to tripleaA or is that how it is supposed to work?

• irregularity. thanks for pointing that out. the factory can only be used if it is owned by the player since the beginning of the turn.

• '19 '18 '17

Note: During amphibious assaults, Battleships and Cruisers may bombard territories other than the one they unload their marines into.

Can a ship that unloaded a marine bombard the territory where it unloaded?
    Or can it only bombard adjacent territory other than the one being unloaded into?

• '19 '17

They can bombard any territory, regardless of where the marine unloads (as long as other amphibious forces are unloading in the the territories, per the rules).

• @Koala:

Note: During amphibious assaults, Battleships and Cruisers may bombard territories other than the one they unload their marines into.

Can a ship that unloaded a marine bombard the territory where it unloaded?
    Or can it only bombard adjacent territory other than the one being unloaded into?

Yah, i realized after publishing the Game Notes that this Note makes it sound like you can ONLY bombard territories OTHER than the ones you unloaded into. What I meant was that you can ALSO bombard territories other than the ones you unloaded into, like Adam said.

• Revised Victory Conditions: If Germany is Allied control, an Axis victory in the Pacific requires 7 (rather than 6) Pacific VCs. If Japan is Allied control, an Axis victory in Europe requires 9 (rather than 8 ) Europe VCs.

What happens if Japan capture a 6th VC in the Pacific, the allies capture Germany but it is recaptured before Japan next turn?
    a) Axis win from holding 6 VC for a full turn.
    b) The ‘full turn’ timer are reset when the VC condition goes up.

If b:
    Those the ‘full turn’ clock restart at the time the Axis recapture Germany or at Japans next turn?

• Well the balanced mod people would have to tell you to be sure, but the capital rules in 2nd edition always stipulate that the capital only must be controlled at the time of the VC check - that is, after the full round of play.

So if it’s consistent with that principle of 2nd edition, Berlin is Axis controlled at the time of Japan’s next turn = victory

• '19 '17

The BM victory rule is that everything (VCs and Berlin for example) must be controlled for an entire round. If Japan has 6 VCs and Berlin is taken by the Allies and retaken by Italy, Japan would win on Italy’s following turn if Berlin and the Pacific VCs haven’t been traded. So the answer is b.

• Oh, fantastic, another rule complication  :x
    Fine, I’ll make another note.

• That is frustrating.  You can’t tell that from the rule in the game notes.
    You also can’t tell what is meant by “mainland Europe” - I had to ask about Norway, Sweden, Finland
    You can’t tell about the Z5 NO situation with Japan and whether Japan has to be at war
    You can’t tell how the bombardment works with marines
    You can’t tell without asking about the French boats in 93 and what happens if they leave

That’s just off the top of my head.  This is not at you, Adam
    Kid, or whoever, hey the balanced mod rules need to be written more clearly, with no ambiguities.  I guess now you can start to appreciate how hard it is to write new A&A rules and how frequently you know what you mean, but the reader can be confused.  If even the great Krieghund has this problem, I guess you shouldn’t feel bad

• '19 '17

We actually decided what the victory rule regarding the trading of a capital just a week ago, so BM2 indeed does not have the right victory condition wording. In my opinion, requiring a full round with every victory condition met is a lot simpler than allowing the trading of capitals.

Yup we all have different definitions for words, for example mainland Europe, so sometimes it’s difficult to predict what people might misinterpret or find ambiguous.

I can’t see how we can improve the sz5 NO wording without giving an example though, it clearly says ‘‘enemy warship’’. If Japan and Russia are neutral then Japan can’t stop that NO.

• Yeah, to me “mainland Europe” includes Scandinavia and just excludes islands  :-D

• '22 '16

Can marines be loaded onto transports?  If so can two of them be loaded on one transport?

• '19 '18 '17

Another question on shore bombardment and marines: :roll:

I thought I had it, but am not so sure anymore…

Can you bombard while only unloading marines from cruisers/BBs? Or do you need a transport unloading stuff, too?

Examples:

1. one cruiser unloads one marine in a territory.

• May the cruiser bombard?

2. one cruiser unloads one marine in a territory AND one transport unloads stuff in the same territory.

• May the cruiser bombard?

3. one cruiser unloads one marine in a territory AND one transport unloads stuff in another adjacent territory.

• May the cruiser bombard? If yes which one? Both?

thanks in advance :)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m