G40 Balance Mod - Rules and Download

• MrRoboto: the java error is harmless. Its caused by the optional “objectives panel” download. It has zero impact on the playability of the regular game. It happens because regular G40 doesn’t have all the objectives that are specified in objectives.properties file.  You can just close it and play on.

Hope that helps. :)

• '17 '16 '15 '14 '12

so excellent.  :-)

• Were any other PC users unable to unzip the files? I’m getting an error saying I need to ensure the directory doesn’t already exist and that the path entered is valid…

Here is the path…  C:\Program Files (x86)\TripleA\triplea_1_8_0_9\maps\World War II Global

• triplea.engine.version.bin:1.8.0.9
    WARNING [AWT-EventQueue-0] prefs -> Could not open/create prefs root node Software\JavaSoft\Prefs at root 0x80000002. Windows RegCreateKeyEx(…) returned error code 5.
    objective.properties attachment does not exist: objectiveAttachment_Italians_3_North_Africa_Control
    objective.properties attachment does not exist: objectiveAttachment_Germans_7_Control_of_Balkans

I’m getting this…

• @The:

Were any other PC users unable to unzip the files? I’m getting an error saying I need to ensure the directory doesn’t already exist and that the path entered is valid…

Here is the path…   C:\Program Files (x86)\TripleA\triplea_1_8_0_9\maps\World War II Global

Path to what? Just unzip the folder on your desktop and manually drag and drop the three items into the maps/global folder

• Gamer, when u run the mod, are you seeing all the objectives in the objectives panel?

• Yes - but I guess I was opening a BM 1.0 game
    OK, I closed out, opened the 2.0 starting file, no problem
    Closed out, opened a 1.0 game and that’s when I get it.  So I guess after I am done playing the 1.0 game with nerquen it won’t happen….

• If you are in the midst of a forum game, and update your TripleA to reflect the changes, whilst your opponent(s) has not, will they be able to play the save file now operating with the new specs?

• No. Feel free to download the mod saved game. But it will have no impact on your other saved games (the rules are coded into the saved game files). Since the changes are minor, you could agree with your opponent to simply observe the new rules, using edit mode where necessary. I have one ongoing league game, where i have done that. The others i’m just doing the older version.

• Oh, Shrike, you’re the one game where i agreed to play with the new rules. So you know that. haha

• @Gamerman01:

Yes - but I guess I was opening a BM 1.0 game
    OK, I closed out, opened the 2.0 starting file, no problem
    Closed out, opened a 1.0 game and that’s when I get it.  So I guess after I am done playing the 1.0 game with nerquen it won’t happen….

Correct. The reason you’re seeing the harmless java error when you launch the older mod is because the “Balkans” objective is new, so your objectives panel is looking for an objective that doesn’t exist in the current game. (also, i fixed a typo in the name of one of the Italian objectives).

• '14 Customizer

For anyone who wants cards for the National Objectives with Balanced Mod version 2.0

Click on the link below to order your set through Artscow.

http://www.artscow.com/ClientDesigner/Designer.aspx?DesignId=164810677

• this is awesome. thanks cyan

• @regularkid:

Russia

• An additional 2 PUs per each “open” Lend-Lease lane, when Russia is at war with European Axis, if Japan has also declared war on Russia.

I’m not quite sure how this works. So if Russia declares war on Japan, Russia doesn’t get the 2 PUs bonus? But doesn’t Japan declare war on Russia the following round, if Russia just declared war? So you get the 2 UPs per lane the following round?

Or does it mean you only get the 2 PUs bonus if Japan declares war first to Russia?

Cheers

• @regularkid:

UK

• 3 PUs if Malta, Crete, and Cyprus are Allied or Pro-Allied controlled.
      Italy
    • 3 PUs if Malta, Cyprus, and Crete are Axis controlled.

I’ve printed out the balanced mod rules (for tabletop games) and thought the NO for Italy belonged to the UK, because the word ‘‘Italy’’ isn’t bold. I’m not trying to be a wiseacre (not sure if its the right word  :lol:), but it can be confusing at first sight! Just saying…  :-)

Cheers

• I’m going to play my first BM game this weekend (tabletop game). Forgive me if I ask something stupid, but I have a few questions after reading the rules and I have not played a TripleA BM game yet.

1. Just to be absolutely sure, if the Franco-German Armistice occurs, Germany doesn’t collect income from Southern France?
    2. Do all French units turn to Free French Forces following the Franco-German Armistice, with the exception of the French units in the Vichy France territories and the fleet at Toulon?

Cheers

• '19 '17

1. Yes Germany does not collect income from Vichy territories.
    2. Not quite sure what you mean. After Vichy occurs, the fleet at Toulon, the units in S France, the African and Syrian inf turn pro-Axis (though the fleet at Toulon can’t be commandeered by Axis, it just stays there, and the units in S France would disband along with every pro-Axis Vichy inf if Axis take S France). The units who don’t turn Vichy are the units in London and the destroyer by Madagascar. I recommend you test Vichy on triple A to see what it does.

• Ok, thanks adam!

• @Kamikaze_pilot:

@regularkid:

Russia

• An additional 2 PUs per each “open” Lend-Lease lane, when Russia is at war with European Axis, if Japan has also declared war on Russia.

I’m not quite sure how this works. So if Russia declares war on Japan, Russia doesn’t get the 2 PUs bonus? But doesn’t Japan declare war on Russia the following round, if Russia just declared war? So you get the 2 UPs per lane the following round?

Or does it mean you only get the 2 PUs bonus if Japan declares war first to Russia?

Cheers

No. If Russia declares war on Japan first, Russia never gets the 2 PU bonus. If Japan declares war first, Russia always gets the 2 PU bonus (i.e, 2 extra PUs for each lend lease route that isn’t blocked) for the rest of the game

• '19

Do both players need to have the objectives downloaded or can I play someone without the updated objective screen after I make the changes?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m