Speaking of Dice Trays for A&A

• '17 '16

I saw this rather interesting Dice Tray today… looks like you’ll probably have to get it off Etsy, but you can do a google search… its a bit pricey, but damn, it looks good and what a novel concept… its see-through and elevated above your playing surface… people with crafting skills could probably even make their own.

Anyways, check out the Dice Shield… (and no I don’t have one, just thought i’d share something that looks cool).

Diceshield.png

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

I don’t get it… Is it a clear “box” elevated above the playing surface?

From the poor quality pic, it looks like it would both be in the way of the playing surface and slide around when you throw dice in it.

• '17 '16

Nah, you don’t get the point of this dice tray.

You don’t leave it on top of the board 24/7 while you play… this is for people with cramped spaces and/or tables that don’t have room to either roll dice or put a proper dice tray to the side of the board (like your board takes up ALL your table space and there’s no room to put a dice tray down without messing up your playing pieces).

You play the game as normal, when it comes time to roll dice (presumably you’re not moving pieces at the same time you’re rolling dice), you put this down ON your playing board (that you couldn’t do with a traditional dice tray), and you roll away without either knocking down your pieces or having to shove stuff around to make room for your dice tray. This can just easily be placed down on top of an active board and roll your dice without knocking stuff over. You’d then take the tray back off the board when you resume moving pieces around… this tray is really to help people with cramped/limited game surface to play on, and its only on the board when you need to roll (which presumably is not all the time).

You obviously have tons of space in and/or around your table for a dice tray… that’s great, this is not for you… but if you have ever played where your board takes up your entire playing surface, you’d get the point of this dice tray pretty quick!

And no, I don’t have one, not advertising for them, but I saw the very unique niche this tray would fill and thought I’d put it out there… anyone with the problem this tray solves would recognize it for what it is right away.

Very niche I would say. Usually we just use the floor.

• '17 '16

Well that worked when I was a teenager, but I’m like all old and stuff now, I want a table and chairs!  Also, I have a 90lb Boxer running around the house at break-neck speeds and he doesn’t care if I have 300 miniature armies on the floor, it’s fair game for him to run over.

@Wolfshanze:

Well that worked when I was a teenager, but I’m like all old and stuff now, I want a table and chairs!  Also, I have a 90lb Boxer running around the house at break-neck speeds and he doesn’t care if I have 300 miniature armies on the floor, it’s fair game for him to run over.

I know what you mean there. My labradors would love to feel some dice in their mouths. A plastic tank would probably taste about as good as a stick from outside too.

• Grandchildren can be just as destructive.  They just can’t resist the dice or the little “IG JOES”

@Dafyd:

or the little “IG JOES”

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m