• I have the 15 yr old PC game by Hasbro Interactive.  I am having trouble with the graphics to play the game.  The game is made for WIN95/98 while my PC runs Win7.  What do I need to do to change in my settings for this to work.  Much appreciated.

• Hi huntdax and welcome to the forum.

If you are unable to sort this problem, you might like to know that many of us play using free tripleA s/w.

This includes a variety of maps, so you can pick and choose the A&A game / variant you wish to play.

You can play against the computer or against other members of this forum online, or via e-mail, or via posts to the forum.

If any of this becomes relevant, look for Gargantua’s KISS instructions on the s/w board.

Good luck.
    PP

• Yeah, I started that Triple A too.  So maybe I will see you on there.

Sometimes it is nice to be able to play against AI too :)

• '17 '16

@huntdax:

I have the 15 yr old PC game by Hasbro Interactive.  I am having trouble with the graphics to play the game.  The game is made for WIN95/98 while my PC runs Win7.  What do I need to do to change in my settings for this to work.  Much appreciated.

Right click on the EXE file for the program (AandA.exe?)… in Win7 you’ll get options to enable windows compatibility mode, and several toggle switches.  Experiment a bit till you get something that works, you can use Win95 mode, Win98 mode, etc, etc… there’s also some other options, I forget what they are, but I had a very old Win95 game called Pacific General that just would not run under Win7 until I set it to Win95 mode and checked all the boxes, finally it ran as it should run in Win7 just like old Win95 days.

Give it a try.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m