• Sponsor

Preventing the anti-sub capabilities of destroyers until the beginning of round three

and…

American and Russian War Effort

America at War

During each purchase new units phase in which the United States are at war, America will collect a free unit according to which wartime round it is on the following chart (use 2d6 or 1d12 to track rounds).

1. Submarine
    2. Transport
    3. Destroyer
    4. Fighter
    5. Tactical Bomber
    6. Strategic Bomber
    7. Strategic Bomber
    8. Tactical Bomber
    9. Fighter
    10. Destroyer
    11. Transport
    12. Submarine

Russia at War

During each purchase new units phase in which the Soviet Union is at war with the European Axis powers, Russia will collect a free unit according to which wartime round it is on the following chart (use 2d6 or 1d12 to track rounds).

1. Infantry
    2. Artillery
    3. Mech Infantry
    4. AA Artillery
    5. Tank
    6. Fighter
    7. Fighter
    8. Tank
    9. AA Artillery
    10. Mech Infantry
    11. Artillery
    12. Infantry

• this would really help germany

i dont see any historical reasoning, however. it wasnt that destroyers weerent good, its just the destroyer to transport ration in allied convoys were highly neglectful.

• I’ve been considering giving a try to the following in my next game:  (Someone posted this before, not sure who or where though)
    -  Each destroyer can expose and negate the effects of one sub per sea-zone.
    -  Destroyers now cost 6.

This would encourage the purchase of more destroyers rather than subs in fleets to be used as meat-shields since they also defend at 2.  Subs would be used more exclusively in their traditional roles as convoy raiders and opportunity hits rather than fleet screens as they are with the current rules.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m