• Hi. There are a lot of game variations and I have this game. Is it possible to tell me in which forum to post? I have the 1942 version with the blue box.

Thanks for your help!

• '17 '16

Depends on your definition of Blue Box… they almost all have some amount of blue in them.

Look at your box…
    if it says “MB” in the top left corner (Milton Bradley), you have the 1980s “Axis and Allies Classic” edition.
    if it says “AH” or Avalon Hill in the top right corner, you have the “Axis and Allies Revised” edition.
    if it says “Spring 1942” in the top left, and “AH” in the bottom right, you have “Axis and Allies 1942” (1st edition).
    if it says"1942 Second Edition" in the top left, you have the “Axis and Allies 1942” (2nd edition).

If it says “Anniversary Edition” anywhere on the box, you have a very wrong edition, please mail it to me immediately!

The “current” versions of the game are all “2nd Edition” and that’s what most people play… the 2nd edition games include:
    1942 Second Edition
    1940 Europe Second Edition
    1940 Pacific Second Edition
    (1940 Global which is actually played quite a bit, is a combination of 1940 Europe and Pacific, you need to own both to play 1940 Global)

• Thanks for your help. Itried to add a photo of the cover box but because I am a new member I was not allowed to do this.

• '17 '16

@ww2general:

Thanks for your help. Itried to add a photo of the cover box but because I am a new member I was not allowed to do this.

I believe you can add pictures at 10 posts… my descriptions are accurate, so if you just follow my guidelines, you can tell which version you have… were you able to figure it out?  Hope my post was helpful to you.

• Thanks again Wolfshanze for your help.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m