• “1) yes I do want to pick up inf from the islands… takes 2 turns to get most of them to the Asia mainland…”

Okay so you are going to spend 16 more I.P. than me and spend two extra turns than me to pick up a few infantry.  Why not say…buy infantry and bridge them immediately.

"2) As I stated you have 2 inf sitting on nearby islands which can get shipped over to Manch in 1 turn (using 2 trannies, pick one up there and one from Jap and you can drop them both in Manchuria) So that means you will have 8 inf and a tank waiting to get shipped. While if you buy 2 tran and 3 inf (usually I buy this and an extra trannie on T2) on J2 you will have 4 inf and a tank at Jap and 2 on nearby islands. => 4 transports to fill => Optimal use… "

Lets run through this again.  I buy 1 TP and 5 infantry on turn one.  I move 2 Infantry from Philapeans and 2 from Japan on turn one.  I then move 6 infantry on turn two.  On turn three I move 6 Infantry and an arms.  No two turn delay and more units faster.  i.e. optimal

“3) You use your Russian fighters for offense (you start with 2) not your precious arms… Only if you are certain to hold the conquered territory you can use your arms…”

Two Russian fighters at 3 and a stack of INF at 1 versus a stack of German INF defending at 2.  This favors Germany.

“4) Germany uses his fighters,bomber and inf to exchange territories. No tanks either… Wasting tanks on exchanging territories is just plain stupid.”

You won’t be able to take my territories with just two figs.  Not sure who you’ve been playing.  Even if you did, I can send up to 4 figs in response.

• Lets run through this again.  I buy 1 TP and 5 infantry on turn one.  I move 2 Infantry from Philapeans and 2 from Japan on turn one.  I then move 6 infantry on turn two.  On turn three I move 6 Infantry and an arms.  No two turn delay and more units faster.  i.e. optimal

J1) 4 inf to Manch (from Phil and 1 from jap and 1 from wake) leaving 2 inf and a tank left.
    J2) 6 inf and a tank to Manch (5 from Japan and one from the other island) => 4 trannies full!
    If I just buy inf on J2 to fill up my trannies I will ship 8 inf to manch on J3.

Outcome. 4 inf + 6 inf + 1 tank + 8 inf= 18 inf and 1 tank

Your total sum will be: 4 inf + 6 inf + 6 inf + 1 tank= 16 inf and 1 tank

Easy math I have 2 inf more than you do by turn 3…

You stated exchange lands with germany… Exchange means taking with as less units as possible… So you just need 3-6 inf and some fighters to EXCHANGE the territory. If you take Ukr or Cau with significant force with germany you will leave EEU open for an attack… So yes you exchange cau and Ukr with as less units as possible so you don’t need your arms…

• @Bashir:

Lets run through this again.  I buy 1 TP and 5 infantry on turn one.  I move 2 Infantry from Philapeans and 2 from Japan on turn one.  I then move 6 infantry on turn two.  On turn three I move 6 Infantry and an arms.  No two turn delay and more units faster.  i.e. optimal

J1) 4 inf to Manch (from Phil and 1 from jap and 1 from wake) leaving 2 inf and a tank left.
    J2) 6 inf and a tank to Manch (5 from Japan and one from the other island) => 4 trannies full!
    If I just buy inf on J2 to fill up my trannies I will ship 8 inf to manch on J3.

Outcome. 4 inf + 6 inf + 1 tank + 8 inf= 18 inf and 1 tank

Your total sum will be: 4 inf + 6 inf + 6 inf + 1 tank= 16 inf and 1 tank

Easy math I have 2 inf more than you do by turn 3…

You stated exchange lands with germany… Exchange means taking with as less units as possible… So you just need 3-6 inf and some fighters to EXCHANGE the territory. If you take Ukr or Cau with significant force with germany you will leave EEU open for an attack… So yes you exchange cau and Ukr with as less units as possible so you don’t need your arms…

You also have depopulated islands, need to spend 30 I.P. per turn to fill the five TP after turn three preventing you from buying planes or anything other than INF really.  Optimal means max infantry in tempo while maintaing balance towards turns 4-6.  Congradulations you shipped the tank one turn earlier and had tow more inf on turn three.  The price you pay is measured in what you purchase afterwords.  You have completely pigeonholed your strategy.

• Whatever dude… The income base of Japan will be around 40-45 in turn 3-4-5 so Yes you need 30 ipc to fill the transports, but you can also start building IC’s where you can build tanks… So Good luck buying planes with Japan, while they have enough planes…

• @limitedwhole:

You also have depopulated islands, need to spend 30 I.P. per turn to fill the five TP after turn three preventing you from buying planes or anything other than INF really.  Optimal means max infantry in tempo while maintaing balance towards turns 4-6.  Congradulations you shipped the tank one turn earlier and had tow more inf on turn three.  The price you pay is measured in what you purchase afterwords.  You have completely pigeonholed your strategy.

Depopulated islands are your friend. I’d rather have 1 inf on the mainland than 1 inf on any of my islands. If the US really wants to island hop then godspeed to them.

• Limitted… pardon me for saying this but your KNOWLEDGE is limitted.

Japan pouring 5 trannies worth of forces into Asia to pound on Russia’s back door is NOT wasted money.

Hell that is MORE forces than Russia has to use for defense, and does not then consider Germany pounding Russia from the other side.

What are YOU advocating?  Invading California instead???

Again, lets keep this civilized.

Limited, here is a Japan play out with the 2 tran 3 inf purchase on J1.

Rd 1 - attack Chi, non-com 4 inf to man via 2 trns. Collect 27
    Rd 2 - buy 8 inf, save 3 attack Sin (sfe?, yak?), non com 6 inf, 1 arm to man Collect 31-34 + saved
    Rd 3 - buy tran, arm, 8 inf, attack and stuff, non-com 8 inf to Man, Collect high 30’s
    Etc.

With only 1 tran purchased on J1 you’ll be setting yourself back.

• @ncscswitch:

Limitted… pardon me for saying this but your KNOWLEDGE is limitted.

Japan pouring 5 trannies worth of forces into Asia to pound on Russia’s back door is NOT wasted money.

Hell that is MORE forces than Russia has to use for defense, and does not then consider Germany pounding Russia from the other side.

What are YOU advocating? Invading California instead???

Nah he will give Rus the oppertunity to build up defenses… Because he buys only one trannie and the rest will be waiting to get transported…

• I guess I have just been playing Japan for too long.  I am too set in my ways playing it in a manner that gives Japan a 40+ IPC per turn income by the end of J3…  And with unlimitted production of units and all those “wasted” tranny builds that allow me to land ALL of that production value in a single move either into Asia OR into North America if I choose, with no risk to my trannies to be able to do it AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN…

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m