• How can you possibly interpret the correction of “genealogy” as a statement on the quality of leadership

1. Can you answer my question first?
    2. what correction are you referring to? ( yes wilhelm II is the gradson of wilhelm I and your point is?)
    3. why wouldn’t it not be possible you have two great leaders from the same bloodline?
    4. why are you trying to debate my opinion of their leadership qualities? WE can do this… do you want a debate?.. then lets start another thread.
    5. What is your opinion of wilhelm I and II as leaders?
    6. lets not turn this into another one of your stink bombs with the result of another closed topic as the fitting result. play nice!

• where did he even use the word geneology???!!!

• I THINK HE is refering to the fact that Wilhelm II was the son of Frederick III and grandson of wilhelm I, but they are all in fact the ruling family during the entire period of the “Kaiserreich” from 1871-1918. Not quite unlike the Hohenzollern dynasty or the Hapsburgs of Austria. Other than that i think hes fallen out of bed again…woe to the rest of us!

• @Imperious:

How can you possibly interpret the correction of “genealogy” as a statement on the quality of leadership

1. Can you answer my question first?
    2. what correction are you referring to? ( yes wilhelm II is the gradson of wilhelm I and your point is?)
    3. why wouldn’t it not be possible you have two great leaders from the same bloodline?
    4. why are you trying to debate my opinion of their leadership qualities? WE can do this… do you want a debate?.. then lets start another thread.
    5. What is your opinion of wilhelm I and II as leaders?
    6. lets not turn this into another one of your stink bombs with the result of another closed topic as the fitting result. play nice!

No, the obvious one that even you noted and corrected silently, who cares, i am not, why would you care, why do place a stink bomb when oyu don’t want one ?

@Imperious:

I THINK HE is refering to the fact that Wilhelm II was the son of Frederick III and grandson of wilhelm I, but they are all in fact the ruling family during the entire period of the “Kaiserreich” from 1871-1918. Not quite unlike the Hohenzollern dynasty or the Hapsburgs of Austria. Other than that i think hes fallen out of bed again…woe to the rest of us!

Yes, that was what i refered to. You made another mistake. I corrected you. You pretend you never made that mistake and pull an unbelievable stunt of trying to put words into my mouth again. This time you are way too obvious.

Another correction:
    Wilhelm I., Friedrich III. and Wilhelm II. are Hohenzollern. So, the “Not quite unlike” is a pretty stupid comment and should be replaced by "They indeed are "

Now, i wait for IL to silently correct it and somehow claim from the above lines that i love to eat swans on toast.

• hmmmmmm
    swans . . .
    well F_alk - he’s got you there.  Mind you, everyone likes swans on toast - depending on the bread. 
    This is one of those times when rye just needs to be used.  A wee bit of mustard can really help that swan go down nicely too.  Some Gouda, and you’re laughing. . . .

• I find swans on rye especially delicious when used with some french or russian salad dressing…

• my parents raise swans for there meat.

• Now, i wait for IL to silently correct it and somehow claim from the above lines that i love to eat swans on toast.

I only need to correct your “3 year kaiser statement” with a 99 day tenure from Friedrich III.

LOL! you silly little boy… get your history straight!

BTW  and what does this have to do with gravity?  Are you gonna hijack another thread today? can we just keep this thread for quotes or will your need to feel less threatened by others who know more than you prompt you to retaliate and get this thread closed as well?
    …The world awaits while eating gouda on crackers!

as an aside…

This is one of those times when rye just needs to be used

Rye bread is the spawn of the devil! whoever invented it should have been beheaded before the king of France. The caraway seed is the seed of the devil as well… The only use for Rye bread is to feed the horses and dogs!

speaking of food… does anybody watch Iron Chef Japan???

• @ncscswitch:

“War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things.  The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is far worse.  The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.”
    John Stewart Mill

And hence this is why liberals are able to speak their mind, because better men them came before them and fought for it.

Or as Falk’s cute little statement so eloquently said “soldiers are murders”.

• Hey thats a great quote!

• Some of mine

“I have altered the deal, pray I do not alter it further” GW… er I mean Darth Vader  :wink:
    “what do you have a team of monkey’s working on this around the clock?” The usual suspects.
    “Yes maddam, I am drunk… however you are ugly, but in the morning I shall be sober”.  Winston Churchill
    (from a mad woman) “Sir if you were my husband I would put poison in your tea!”, “Maddam, if I were your husband I would drink it” Winston Churchill
    “Deep in your soul a quiet ember, knows it’s you against you, the paradox that drives us all” Bad 80s song
    “I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French Division behind me”.  Patton
    “Victory?  We’re French, we don’t even have a word for that!” Homer Simpson
    “The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die valliantly for some cause.  The mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.”  Catcher in the Rye (Salinger got the quote from some shrink I think)
    “If you look for the evil in men you shall surely find it”  Lincoln

• I love the original Iron Chef.  I find it much better than the new version.  Probably my favorite episode is when Morimoto uses a can of coke to make a natto (sp?) desert.

In response to the previous quote:

“‘Pariotism is the virtue of the vicious,’ according to Oscar Wilde.” gets hit in the head  “Thank you for proving my point.”
    ~ Sean Connery in The Rock

And Oscar Wilde did say that.  I could get into more things about false dichotomies, how Mill was writing in a particular era where liberalism and patriotism were complementary forces against different principles of government, and the general innanity of the previous geneology debate, but I’ll leave that out for now. :wink:

• I love the original Iron Chef.  I find it much better than the new version.  Probably my favorite episode is when Morimoto uses a can of coke to make a natto (sp?) desert.

LOL that episode was on about a week ago!

My favorite is Rokusaburo Michiba… i love how totally unapproachable he is! …Hes like Hideki Tojo or something basically totally insulated by his japanese culture. Awesome!

you gotta love the Ota Faction regularly challenging Iron Chef Morimoto. They had all that fanfare like they were waving the strike force from the carrier Akagi during the battle of midway.

The main draw of that show is this “wagnerian opera” thing they have with how the battle of chefs is played out. Very dramatic… i even bought the soundtrack!

Last night they had an Octopus battle and damm they were big! they cut the head off the poor animals and chopped them in a million pieces and it still moved around before cooking . LOL!!

You people gotta watch this show just once and you will be hooked. promise. Allez Cuisine!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_Chef  for further info…

• @Zooey72:

@ncscswitch:

“War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things.  The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is far worse.  The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.”
    John Stewart Mill

And hence this is why liberals are able to speak their mind, because better men them came before them and fought for it.

Or as Falk’s cute little statement so eloquently said “soldiers are murders”.

So, there are no liberals in the military?  Or, should I say, all of the people offering military service must be Republican, n’est pas?     
    I doubt that.
    For all purposes, soldiers are murderers, at least superficially.  They are trained to be, and are sent for that exact purpose. They may not maliciously plan the death of someone and receive an excuse from the state, but the thought of killing someone must run through one’s mind once you join up…
    And nothing is worth war - even WW2 vets, seemingly the only participants in a marginally “moral” war, will say that.  You pay a price that is never fully compensated.  My fear of war is not for my own death, but of the multitude of others.  It’s my belief that war is best avoided, but accede that we will never completely rid ourselves of it.  The best way to support our troops is to strive to not use them.

On a lighter note, I’m glad you remember the Churchill quotes: classic.  I love them.  I can just imagine a contemporary Winnie yelling the woman: “I’m Winston Churchill, biatch!”

• Jermofoot, do not forget Chruchill’s more famous quote…

“Sometimes you must fight when there is no hope of victory, for it is better to perish, than to live as slaves.”

• Thanks for introducing us, I’d never heard that one before.  Perhaps your motto in the face of the current admin?
    An expert orator, if there ever was one.  Not the greatest on the military strategy, but decent enough…

• That quote is one of about 3 dozen that I was required to memorize at USAFA (the John Stewart Mill quote was another).

And yes… I am about as bent with the current admin as I can get when it comes to the move toward, if not slavery then serfdom.

• @F_alk:

@Imperious:

Actually their both my heros but the quote came from his son. …

Wilhelm I. was the granddad of Wilhelm II. In 1888 there was the “3 Kaiser year”, when Wilhelm I. and his son Friedrich III. died the same year.

@Imperious:

Now, i wait for IL to silently correct it and somehow claim from the above lines that i love to eat swans on toast.

I only need to correct your “3 year kaiser statement” with a 99 day tenure from Friedrich III.

I skipped the insults and just highlighted the part which shows that you didn’t read my post properly.

Will you excuse yourself for the name calling?

• I skipped the insults

1)This is a good course for you to follow in the future as well…
    2) No.
    3) have a nice day and please get more sleep.  :mrgreen:

• Falk, what are you on? you and IL are making no sense in this petty little argument, please stop, alright? your ruining the thread.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m