• '16

We’re looking for very good Allied player(s).
    We’ll give you 20 IPC’s

My friend and I have concluded that there is an Axis strategy that cannot be stopped. (assuming we don’t make some stupid error) 
    Not even when we give the Allies 20+ points.

Looking for opponents not a discussion.
    Using suggestions from the likes of ItIsILeclerc, Axis-dominion, Gargntua, Arthur Bomber Harris, Adam514, DizzKneeLand, Gamerman01, and too many others to mention, we’ve tried to develop a counter for the allies, but with no success.
    Of course, the problem may be in our marshaling of the allied forces.  We invite you to school us.

Our proposal:
      We play the Axis
      20 IPC to allies
      TripleA Lobby – kudos to the sourceforge team.  Many fun hours spent there.
      Marathon session – we’re on vacation (spring training baseball) and we want to play until there is a clear resolution.
      LOW LUCK, No Tech
      Skype?  It makes it easier and more fun.

We’ve become prideful and arrogant.  Someone needs to teach us a lesson.
    Seriously, show us what we are missing.

email mail klousia@yahoo.com 
    Send a time and date.  Will respond asap.
    On vacation until April 1 2016.

• '19 '17 '16

Righto.

I’m in Sydney, AU. Timezone UTC+11, so I’ll want to get some sleep in 8 hours or so. Is that agreeable? I’ve also got some forms to sign so might take me half an hour or so.

Bid: 1 Soviet art in Novgorod
    1 UK ftr in India
    1 UK tank in Burma

• '16

OK. We’ll look for you in the TripleA lobby. signed in as klou and gamergray.
    Bot4

• '16

Waited an hour and still want to play, but we are on the east coast of US; late here 1:30am.

Send us an email or post a time here.  We’ll try to get a mutual time despite the time difference.

• '19 '17 '16

Sorry about that - had to go out. Perhaps 7am my time? If you’re UTC-5 that would be 3pm for you?

• '16 '15 '10

Hi Gamer.

If it’s a low luck game, alot us believe 20 is not enough.  So some of us (agreeing with you about the Axis advantage) might not even agree to play at that bid.

Nonetheless, I would take up the challenge anyway but I’m out of town.

• if it’s low luck I want a 50 IPC bid

You’re not the first to discover that on low luck, Germany can defeat Russia by G5 100% of the time.

Low luck eliminates all the uncertainty from the game and isn’t very much fun IMO. It’s more of an academic exercise than a gaming experience.

• '17

The bidding system should be the allies pick 20 IPCs to remove from the Axis set-up.

• low luck is not my game.

edit: changed opinion to more reasonable.

• '19 '17 '16

I’ll be up for a rematch at the same bid this weekend (your Fri/Sat) if you’re interested?

• '16

Sounds good, we’ll look for you at the same time in the tripleA lobby.

We’ll give you more if you want (25+).

• '19 '17 '16

You’re on. So Friday 3pm UTC-5 time? (7am here)

I’ll take 25.

Soviet: 8
    British: 14
    ANZAC: 3

• '19 '17 '16

@Ichabod:

The bidding system should be the allies pick 20 IPCs to remove from the Axis set-up.

If that was the system I’d remove 5 artillery. The 5 bordering France.

Bye bye German Mech Inf. Or they need to use planes and risk them against the AAA.

@SubmersedElk:

You’re not the first to discover that on low luck, Germany can defeat Russia by G5 100% of the time.

FWIW, in one game I hung on the whole game as USSR with only 1 art bought by USSR in the bid. The main spearhead couldn’t enter the territories bordering Moscow IIRC. Was an I2 DOW. You’re probably going to say that Germany should DOW G2.

@gamergray:

Sounds good, we’ll look for you at the same time in the tripleA lobby.

We’ll give you more if you want (25+).

Next game, I want this bid:
    4 USSR
    10 British
    9 UK_Pac

• '16

@simon33:

Next game, I want this bid:
    4 USSR
    10 British
    9 UK_Pac

That’s only 23. Two to somebodies bank then,  :-D

We have baseball games the next two days (Monday and Tuesday) so we would have to start a little later; after the baseball game is over (an hour or two later than our previous starts).

Klou is busy Wednesday and Thursday, but I could play 1v1 on those days.  I’d be willing to be the allies at 25 if you want to switch.

Let us know what works for you.

• '19 '17 '16

Would you be happy to start later? Perhaps play over more than one day, particularly if you have plans for the next day.

I’d be up for it if you are.

• '16

Sounds good.  Probably sometime between 4 and 5 pm
    We’ll look for you in the lobby.

• '19 '17 '16

Is Chinese artillery a valid bid option?

• '16

Since Yunnan is alive I would say yes, but I’m not sure what the accepted "house rule " is for that.
    People have done it to me before.

It is OK by us.

• '19 '17 '16

If you’re still up I’ll give it a go as Axis tomorrow but I’m not particularly confident at that bid level.

• '17 '16

So has anyone kicked their Axis yet?  :-D

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m