Test: BM G40 2nd edition Soulblighter (Axis) vs Jdow (Allies)

• just land units. if planes are left alone in territory, guerrillas will engage the planes in combat on china’s turn.

• Ic, but doesn’t matter anyways. Asia looks hopeless. I concede

• Well, that was fast.

JDOW, you ready for a Bal Mod league game? Your choice of side.

• '15 '14

hmm that was quick. A bit too quick in order to learn the dynamics of the BM.

I btw think that Europe was the side with more trouble (assuming I would not experience a disaster when attacking Holland with UK)
    I mean Japan looks suffocated but hasnt really lost a lot. And the chinese experienced a disaster, so Chinese were gone for free mostly. And Russian attacks went bad, too so Japan would easily conquer the Russian east soon. The question remains whether they have a chance to ever get enough money.

Anyway.

Regularkid, I will start BM mode in league soon. Still, Gamerman is playing me tough, still hesitating of starting another competetive league match. However I am certain we will play soon, I will let you know.

Cheers,
    Tobias

• " still hesitating of starting another competetive league match"

haha, judging from the quality of your play in this and other games, i’m sure it wouldn’t be that competitive (u’d probably win). but, as u wish, i shall bide my time. . .

• regularkid. You are overestimating this game. I was mostly trying out a few things. I want to try out a few more things outside the league, before trying my luck with BM inside the league. I am also not yet convinced that BM is completely ballanced. I mostly see Master tier players playing tier 1 or lower. I have yet to see master tier players playing eachother with BM and when they do I am expecting the allies to win each time unless the allied player screws up.

• @Soulblighter:

I mostly see Master tier players playing tier 1 or lower. I have yet to see master tier players playing eachother with BM

Yes! I agree. I want to see more Masters playing each other, instead of poaching lower tiered players. Problem is, masters are covetous of their standing and don’t want to risk it.

To his credit, Adam514, will play pretty much anyone, any side, in Balance Mod. He recently played Nerq (another Master) and won as Axis. Nerq is also currently playing Gamerman (another M v. M game) in Balance Mod. Nerq is Axis; Gamerman is Allies. I’m following that game with interest.

• It should also be that Nerq and Gamerman played once before in Balance Mod. In that first game, Nerq won as Axis.

• @regularkid:

@Soulblighter:

I mostly see Master tier players playing tier 1 or lower. I have yet to see master tier players playing eachother with BM

Yes! I agree. I want to see more Masters playing each other, instead of poaching lower tiered players. Problem is, masters are covetous of their standing and don’t want to risk it.

To his credit, Adam514, will play pretty much anyone, any side, in Balance Mod. He recently played Nerq (another Master) and won as Axis. Nerq is also currently playing Gamerman (another M v. M game) in Balance Mod. Nerq is Axis; Gamerman is Allies. I’m following that game with interest.

In the recent game Nerq is facing three less Allied NO’s. Also the mod is relatively new. Once players figure out how to abuse all the new toys the allies received, things will become different. It was the same the other way around when the normal game was released and the bids started rising for the allies.

• true about Nerq’s games against Gamerman. In both, Gamerman gave up NOs. Nerq did not in his game against Adam (and lost). But your point is well taken.

As for toys, yes Allies have more. But none were taken from Axis. And Allies also lost the bid. Time and experience will tell.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m