• And my point I guess is that it would only lead to a bigger bid with more powerful units bought. It will be a new situation, definitely, but I’m not sure it would be better.

For me, I think the bid should be as small as possible.

• @trulpen said in G40 Balance Mod - Feedback Thread:

And my point I guess is that it would only lead to a bigger bid with more powerful units bought. It will be a new situation, definitely, but I’m not sure it would be better.

yes, since u re an axis dudo xd

And my point I guess is that it would only lead to a bigger bid with more powerful units bought. It will be a new situation, definitely, but I’m not sure it would be better.

well u can bid 1 battleship for 20 ipc

or u can bid 4-5 units with 4-5 powers

that depends upon U ,and I assure U , the second is a far better option ;)

• I know it is.

I know it is.

but U would not the less suggest the allies to bid one battleship ::P

• It weakens the Allied bid, and I think that’s bad for the game. Rather the bid needs to be strengthened, as it seems atm.

• '21 '20 '18 '17 '16 '15 TripleA

I have a question: What is the going bid for BM? I’m getting back into it and I’m curious as originally the goal was to eliminate bids but I think they’re still around?

As for the increased costs to bombers, for what it’s worth, I think an increase to 14 makes sense. Every single unit in A&A has had some cost or attribute change since the original game (if you count inf getting the art bonus hehe), so it makes sense to reconsider value from time to time as the game evolves and strategies develop.

Personally I like the sbr bonus at 2 or 3. What really makes them overpowered, in my opinion, is their airbase range. Not saying that should be changed though as that would have a huge impact. I still remember the long ago forum discussions around weakening the defence of ACs from 3 to 2, and making subs weaker on defense, and 2-hit battleships. Great discussions to have and good ideas often flow from them!

• '19 '17

@freh Around 10 for Allies seems to be the average.

• @Adam514 Thanks!

• Adam514 and I are excited to announce the map we have been working on for the last several weeks together has been released and is available for download on TripleA! WW2 Path to Victory.

Using World War II Global 1940 Balanced Mod as a launching point, Path to Victory seeks to breathe new life into the World War 2 genre with a number of changes and gameplay innovations:

• A redrawn Pacific theater that puts critical islands at the intersection of Sea Zones, boosting their inherent strategic worth and encouraging island trading.

• A redrawn Russia that offers more distinct and alternative approaches to taking down (and defending) the Motherland, including multiple points of engagement (not just a single retreating/advancing stack).

• A scorched earth dynamic, whereby original Soviet factories are destroyed upon capture by the Axis, evoking Germany’s stretched supply lines in the later stages of Barbarossa.

• A redrawn China that gives Japan a real fight, and a real choice between cleaving close to the coast or risking a protracted fight in China’s heartland.

• Updated unit mechanics, including carriers that can scramble aircraft to adjacent battles (a mechanic also found in Total World War), mechs that are supported by tanks, and reduced cost for underutilized naval units.

These changes build upon the enhancements already found in G40 Balanced Mod, including marines, Vichy France, Chinese guerilla fighters, etc., to create a fun and engaging World War II strategy gaming experience, which we look forward to sharing with all of you!
    Russia.png Pacific.png China.png

• I like it already. Especially the Russian thing, and reduced naval units cost.

Its definitely worth a try.

• @regularkid Awesome work! But why didn’t you create a new and separate topic for it?
    I mean this is page 51 of the BM Feedback Thread…

• thanks! I posted it here because it incorporates the feedback we received to Balanced Mod, as well as the Balanced Mod rules themselves. So it seemed topical. And these are the guys we made it for.

• '22 '21 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16

Great work @regularkid and @Adam514 !
    As @Amon-Sul allready mentioned it I also like it.
    I will shoot out my questiones immediately.

• Will this be playable in League? (hope so)
    • When is the relase date?(allready released I see)
    • Will the Bmbrs cost the same or are you guys put in allready the new price of 14 in this version?
      -Do you have a name for it like BM4 or are we called to put in our two cents thought of naming this baby?
      -Will there be more starting units since more Terry are now on the board?
      -Did you guys fixed the sturdy Med seas problems? It has only 8 seazones and it makes the Meds really stiff and a few of us thinking that one or two additional seazones would bring also more tactical play into the Meds. Ita would also be more flexible without taking Egypt wich seems to be the only way for Ita to get flexible at all.
      -Will there be some certain rule changes ?( as well taking care of allready. I was to fast reading it!)

pfeww, I think my head is empty now by spilling it all out.
    Hope and awaiting some answers to my Q’s and Thanking you in advance!!

• BM4 is a cool name :)

• @Amon-Sul I just saw by downloading it that it is allready called PtV Path to Victory wich I find way more better.
    Will scratch that from my q list too.🤣

• @aequitas-et-veritas. Hey, Veritas! Addressing your questions in turn:

Will this be playable in League?

I should certainly hope so. It is based heavily on Global 1940 and, it seems to me, would be a suitable game for League Play.

Will bombers cost the same?

Bombers are back to 12 PUs, because their attack power has been reduced from 4 to 3.

Does it have an official name?

Yes its officially called “Path to Victory,” but feel free to call it whatever you want, just long as you play it!

Will there be more starting units?

There are a few additional starting units on the board (a couple infantry here and there), but for the most part the major placements are consistent with Global.

Did we fix the sturdy med?

The way we addressed the Med is: (1) to put Malta and Crete on Sea Zone intersections (increasing their strategic significance and encouraging trading) and connecting Sicily to the Italian mainland, in order to make a drive through Southern Europe a more viable srategy for the Allies. Based on our play testing, this does seem to increase action and fun in the Med.

Enjoy it!

• @regularkid I DL’d the map now. I love it. There are even starting Marine Units on it.
    I think more questions will come as soon as more have been playing PtV, but it is allready assured that this will be a heck of a fun!!

• @regularkid said in G40 Balance Mod - Feedback Thread:

thanks! I posted it here because it incorporates the feedback we received to Balanced Mod, as well as the Balanced Mod rules themselves. So it seemed topical. And these are the guys we made it for.

OK then. I just thought it deserved a more prominent place to attract some more attention of players not necessarily familiar with BM, too, before it gets buried in the history of this monster-topic. :slightly_smiling_face:

• @Panther said in G40 Balance Mod - Feedback Thread:

@regularkid said in G40 Balance Mod - Feedback Thread:

thanks! I posted it here because it incorporates the feedback we received to Balanced Mod, as well as the Balanced Mod rules themselves. So it seemed topical. And these are the guys we made it for.

OK then. I just thought it deserved a more prominent place to attract some more attention of players not necessarily familiar with BM, too, before it gets buried in the history of this monster-topic. :slightly_smiling_face:

when people start to play it , we can have a new topic for BM4 issues only?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m