• @oysteilo. Hey, to your question: “Who the heck is THIS guy?” Haha. You can find me most days in the TripleA game lobby for live games, which is where I do most of my playing. That’s also where Adam and I met nearly five years ago, and where Balance Mod originated.

Most of the players listed in the Mod’s credits are regulars in the lobby who helped Adam and me brainstorm and play-test the Mod in its early stages. Pretty much anybody who helped in any capacity was included in credits. For example: YoungGrasshopper was nice enough to make printable player cards for a table top version of Balance Mod, so he was included as “Topper Goodwill Ambassador.” Redrum answered some of my coding questions, so we included him as “XML High Priest.” Simon33 was really helpful with fixing some coding bugs, so he was included as “Bugchaser,” and so on.

I have played numerous league games (Adam introduced me to League a couple years back) though I prefer to play in the Lobby because I don’t have the patience to wait for emails. My most recent league game was actually posted a couple days ago.

Care for a game, Oystello?

• 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16 '15

@regularkid thank you for this information. Very much welcomed! I am not so much in the triple a lobby for live games and didnt know. There are other ways of knowing this game than league play. Fair enough! Thanks for the game invite but it has to wait right now.

And a final note to @Adam514 . I agree, it is irrelevant who comes up with a change as long as it is a good one. It just seems a little odd that every suggestion made in this thread is not good, but when the squad ( Adam and regularkid) suggest something it’s a good one. Of course most of the changes suggested here should not be implemented, but there are some highlights…

• '19 '17

@oysteilo There’s a bias there. Kid and I only suggest things we both agree on and discussed a lot (often playtesting before posting here), so only the truly good ones make it here from us, hence why we implement them. A lot of things said in this chat were considered already and discarded after thoughts and/or playtesting. There’s a lot of thought that goes into these changes, the reasoning is multi-faceted based on my hundreds of games.

• 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16 '15

OK. Go for the change! But it will be nice if bombers @12 is available too without too much hassle!

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20

So Balanced Mod is not an official Larry Harris scenario revision? It is something that people on this website created? People who, if I am understanding correctly, have created their own rules and modifications which they deem make the Global 1940 2nd Edition game more even? Does anyone outside of this website play the Balanced Mod version?

• '19 '17

@AndrewAAGamer said in G40 Balance Mod - Feedback Thread:

So Balanced Mod is not an official Larry Harris scenario revision? It is something that people on this website created? People who, if I am understanding correctly, have created their own rules and modifications which they deem make the Global 1940 2nd Edition game more even? Does anyone outside of this website play the Balanced Mod version?

Pretty much. Adds some balance to the game and more interesting options while keeping the G40 feel.

• @AndrewAAGamer it is played in the tripleA gaming lobby, and i understand there is a tabletop following as well. (as mentioned above, Grasshopper made table top accessories for the mod).

• @regularkid said in G40 Balance Mod - Feedback Thread:

YoungGrasshopper was nice enough to make printable player cards for a table top version of Balance Mod

Can these be found anywhere? Searched the web without success.

@Young-Grasshopper @regularkid

• @trulpen never did get around to it, but I’ll be customizing all summer 2020 and should get one available before winter.
    YG

• @trulpen hey bro, I got the history a little mixed up (was four years ago). While Young Grasshopper expressed an interest in making National Objective cards for use in tabletop games, it was actually cyanight who wound up making them. Here is Cyanight’s post: https://www.axisandallies.org/forums/post/742280.

And here is the link to the cards he designed: http://www.artscow.com/ClientDesigner/Designer.aspx?DesignId=164810677. (This link is only viewable with internet explorer).

Enjoy!

Screen Shot 2020-05-07 at 4.51.39 PM.png

• @regularkid Wonderful! Thanks! :)

• the bid rules are now summarized to:

1. one unit per territory
    2. bidding only where u already have a unit / or a ship if it is a sz
    3. bidding only where u already have a unit of that power, not side (so no UK units bid in S. France for example)

But what do U think about increasing the bids in our games, but with the new rule

1. one bid per country

I see some bad effects of bidding 3 units for UK , or something like that.

this how the bid can be bigger, but more balanced throughout the map, with more units, but 1 unit per power? (uk and uk pac are 2 powers) ?

what do U think?

cheers

Amon

• @Amon-Sul said in G40 Balance Mod - Feedback Thread:

the bid rules are now summarized to:

3. bidding only where u already have a unit of that power, not side (so no UK units bid in S. France for example)

But what do U think about increasing the bids in our games, but with the new rule

1. one bid per country

this how the bid can be bigger, but more balanced throughout the map, with more units, but 1 unit per power? (uk and uk pac are 2 powers) ?

what do U think?

cheers

Amon

I’d expect a clear tendency of needing a lot bigger money for the Allies and that the bid will go to more expensive units. I don’t think such a change would be beneficial for the balancing prospect.

• @trulpen said in G40 Balance Mod - Feedback Thread:

@Amon-Sul said in G40 Balance Mod - Feedback Thread:

1. one bid per country

what do U think?

cheers

Amon

I’d expect a clear tendency of needing a lot bigger money for the Allies and that the bid will go to more expensive units. I don’t think such a change would be beneficial for the balancing prospect.

why not? The bid of 30 IPC doesnt sound so big if u have to diverse it to 5-6 powers, and its good that way

otherwise if someone bids 3-4 units with uk, that somehow disbalances a theatre a lot

• @Amon-Sul said in G40 Balance Mod - Feedback Thread:

@trulpen said in G40 Balance Mod - Feedback Thread:

1. one bid per country

what do U think?

cheers

Amon

why not? The bid of 30 IPC doesnt sound so big if u have to diverse it to 5-6 powers, and its good that way

otherwise if someone bids 3-4 units with uk, that somehow disbalances a theatre a lot

Well, that’s the whole point of the bid. To upset the Axis advantage. Don’t see why the bid shouldn’t maximize that effect.

A bid for the US can be almost worthless regarding the direct impact on the game, if they don’t get into war until US3-4.

@trulpen said in G40 Balance Mod - Feedback Thread:

1. one bid per country

what do U think?

cheers

Amon

Well, that’s the whole point of the bid. To upset the Axis advantage. Don’t see why the bid shouldn’t maximize that effect.

A bid for the US can be almost worthless regarding the direct impact on the game, if they don’t get into war until US3-4.

but U can bid 1 unit for UK, 1 for UK Pacific, 1 for ANZAC, 1 for China

and its not so bad then.

no need for USA

• my point is to balance the game, but dont disbalance a theatre too much

• And my point I guess is that it would only lead to a bigger bid with more powerful units bought. It will be a new situation, definitely, but I’m not sure it would be better.

For me, I think the bid should be as small as possible.

And my point I guess is that it would only lead to a bigger bid with more powerful units bought. It will be a new situation, definitely, but I’m not sure it would be better.

yes, since u re an axis dudo xd

And my point I guess is that it would only lead to a bigger bid with more powerful units bought. It will be a new situation, definitely, but I’m not sure it would be better.

well u can bid 1 battleship for 20 ipc

or u can bid 4-5 units with 4-5 powers

that depends upon U ,and I assure U , the second is a far better option ;)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m