• '19 '17 '16

@JDOW:

Some feedback on the stats the triple A client provides

Combat Hit Differential Summary :

Italians : 1.83
        British : -0.33
        Neutral_Allies : -1.33

This information is usually useless because it contains battles like Japan attacking a single inf with 2 inf and 12 planes so it does not matter whether Japan scores 1 or 14 hits in such a battle.

In case the stats should be really providing helpful stats I believe the difference compared to expected TUV of the battle outcomes would make sense.
    This would of course mean that the client has to make a simulation of every single battle, not sure if this would eat too much resources.

I think that’s the problem. Let’s say you have ten battles. At what point do you run the 2000 simulations for the expected TUV swing for each battle? Or do you have an additional button?

• 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16 '15

The TUV calculation should be automatic when you run the battle. No separate button for this and the individual running the battle should just click the battle button, thats it and the TUV swing should just pop up in the battle report. I also dont think you need to run 2000 simulations, 100 is probably enough

• '17

I think BM3 is not acknowledging the US Marine in Europe for one of the objectives

https://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=42285.45

See quote from Balladeer.

"This seems wrong, but maybe I’m mistaken. I don’t get this objective:
    *  5 PUs if Allies control at least 2 of: Normandy Bordeaux, Holland Belgium, Southern France, and USA has at least one land unit in any of these territories.

But I have Normandy Bordeaux and Holland Belgium and there is a marine (which is described as land unit) in one of the two. Do you see why the objective is not triggering?
    I’ll play Chinese and UK moves, but I think I should get 5 more PU’s for USA…"

• Wow Ichabod! How that every slipped my attention over hundreds of BM games I will never know. Thank you for spotting the bug.

Simon, would you kindly upload a corrected version of the XML (including marines in US’s Western-Europe-Beachead objective)? Thanks man.

Hail victory!

• @regularkid:

Wow Ichabod! How that every slipped my attention over hundreds of BM games I will never know. Thank you for spotting the bug.

The rest of us usually reenforces the BH’s.
    Our Motto:
    No Marine will be left behind, Hurra  :lol:  :lol:

I don’t no it either…

• '15 '14

@regularkid:

Wow Ichabod! How that every slipped my attention over hundreds of BM games I will never know. Thank you for spotting the bug.

Simon, would you kindly upload a corrected version of the XML (including marines in US’s Western-Europe-Beachead objective)? Thanks man.

Hail victory!

Hey my friend, nice to hear from you. Am I right that you are not playing league for a whole while now? I think this bug needs to be addressed first:)

• '17

I can’t fathom how the Axis can win in BM3. Playing my first league game with Balladeer. US has 95 IPCs and only obtained 1 additional NO…UK has 39 despite losing Cairo. It’s like it’s irrelevant.

Round 4 in my game and Russia is already really strong.

Seems near impossible for the Axis.

Playing without a bid…but really how much does that matter anyways, when it appears that the Axis only get about 6 IPCs. Not really much.

• keep playing and trying new things until you start to see what works and what doesn’t. but to expedite your progress, it’s essential to watch higher ranked players go at it. and of course, don’t hesitate to barge in on those games and ask questions on why certain moves were made, or message them.

@Ichabod:

I can’t fathom how the Axis can win in BM3. Playing my first league game with Balladeer. US has 95 IPCs and only obtained 1 additional NO…UK has 39 despite losing Cairo. It’s like it’s irrelevant.

Round 4 in my game and Russia is already really strong.

Seems near impossible for the Axis.

Playing without a bid…but really how much does that matter anyways, when it appears that the Axis only get about 6 IPCs. Not really much.

• looking at it rather briefly (ie not deeply), you seem to be on the right track in some ways. you got Egypt, which is a huge plus. you have enough to break through the Russian wall, which is to say, you can take and hold Bryansk, and then from there progress to the oil fields for glorious riches.

however, I do see that already you seem to have conceded key footholds in Europe, that is, normandy and Norway. usually axis can delay such footholds for much longer.

also, you don’t have any Italians accompanying the German advances on the eastern front. therefore your progression will be slower, due to lack of so called “can openers.” this is far from ideal.

I haven’t looked much at the pac side. just some things to consider on the euro side at least.

• '17

Normally I bring Italian can openers…just kind of thought I needed to be all in to really grab hold of Cairo and secure it. The UK was coiled and ready to counter attack. My German planes can finally leave Cairo. Them not in position really slowed my German advance into Russia. They might help Germany now in their critical moment of slow death or advance.

• '19 '17 '16

BM is much more sensitive to sticking to the Barbarossa script. Don’t detail a lot of units to taking Ukraine, for example.

Basically, the standard strategy is as I’ve gone into here: https://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=41857.msg1760458#msg1760458

Some players may prefer to do something different but in Europe, I think it’s largely variants on a theme if you’re doing a G3 DOW.

• '17 '16 '15

@regularkid:

Hail victory!

changed the vichy guys to light blue if you want to add it to your update.

Screenshot from 2018-07-10 11-24-23.jpg
    vichy light blue.zip

• '19 '17 '16

But that affects all Neutral Axis, not just Vichy troops.

• '17 '16 '15

@simon33:

But that affects all Neutral Axis, not just Vichy troops.

yes it does. Finland, Bulgaria and Iraq. Finland and Bulgaria are activated rd 1. Iraq will be the only non vichy, but since vichy is “pro axis” … w/e thought it was more visually appealing.

• '17

I think if BM gets an update, I’d request that the Solomon Islands be a 1 or 2 IPC NO for Japan. It’s way out of position for Japan to get and Japan wants to just to take away an NO from ANZAC.

• '17

@Ichabod:

I think if BM gets an update, I’d request that the Solomon Islands be a 1 or 2 IPC NO for Japan. It’s way out of position for Japan to get and Japan wants to just to take away an NO from ANZAC.

I think if BM gets an update, I’d request that the Solomon Islands be a 1 or 2 IPC NO for Japan. It’s way out of position for Japan to get and Japan almost has to take it just to deny an NO from ANZAC.

2nd post edit: Grammar

• '19 '17

Solomon takes away up to 3 Anzac NOs (if you count the Malaya NO), but 2 in most cases. It’s also a part of Japan’s +5 NO for 4 islands, its a good capture for Japan if the US goes light in the Pacific.

• '17

Two turns in a row, Russia collect Lend Lease NO money for Siberia despite Japan having a warship in sz 5. What am I missing here?

https://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=42285.75

• '19 '17

Probably Russia and Japan aren’t at war.

• '17

@Adam514:

Probably Russia and Japan aren’t at war.

Ok…but of course Japan did attempt to interdict all allied shipping, even ones that would just be trade ships once it was at war with the allies, especially US and UK ships even if not at war with russia.

I think if BM3 is updated, having to be at war shouldn’t matter for Japan to block that NO with a sub in sz 5…it would just mean that Russia could get the additional NO money like it currently does when Japan is at war with Russia.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m