• '19 '17 '16

I just meant to convert the 2 UK units into french ones so they can’t block Vichy if you want to go Italy strong = Strafe France, take it with Italy.

• @simon33:

I just meant to convert the 2 UK units into french ones so they can’t block Vichy if you want to go Italy strong = Strafe France, take it with Italy.

which 2 uk units, from where?

• '19 '17 '16

France.

• @simon33:

France.

I ve counted them as French on default, since France is overrun always on Ger1. sorry.

but if U say that Axis are too strong, then why cut the opportunty for the Allies to sapple them with UK land units in Vichy?

• in S.France sorry

• '19 '17 '16

@Amon-Sul:

I ve counted them as French on default, since France is overrun always on Ger1. sorry.

but if U say that Axis are too strong, then why cut the opportunty for the Allies to sapple them with UK land units in Vichy?

Fair point, but it does take an option from the game, even though it’s from the Axis, that I think still should be on the table.

• 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16 '15

Why isnt there a USA objective for holding Japan? like +5 or even better +10? Goes well with the revised victory conditions

• @oysteilo:

Why isnt there a USA objective for holding Japan? like +5 or even better +10? Goes well with the revised victory conditions

In Balance Mod, the consequence of Japan falling are already especially monumental, since it means Germany cannot win the game without taking an additional VC–i.e., it must take Moscow, Cairo, AND London to win. It is a rare game indeed where the Axis can pull out a victory under these circumstances. Giving the United States additional income (beyond the 8 it is already getting from Japan itself) might be overkill.

• I think America’s income is easily stifled from the start . It takes too long to get to 80, while Japan can still have 70 by T3. Guam is often taken early and capturing NAfrica is hard , as Taranto amd Tobruk are both not possible, without a Sub in 98. Anerica is playing catch up economically and I think it should be quicker.
    I won’t play a BM game as Allies , if the Axis player won’t forfeit the 3 NO for Iwo Jima or the 2 fot the Balkans.
    I like so much about BM. But also dislike a few things.

• '19 '17

@wittmann:

I think America’s income is easily stifled from the start . It takes too long to get to 80, while Japan can still have 70 by T3. Guam is often taken early and capturing NAfrica is hard , as Taranto amd Tobruk are both not possible, without a Sub in 98. Anerica is playing catch up economically and I think it should be quicker.
    I won’t play a BM game as Allies , if the Axis player won’t forfeit the 3 NO for Iwo Jima or the 2 fot the Balkans.

Just imagine what it was like in vanilla  :lol:.

• @wittmann:

I think America’s income is easily stifled from the start . It takes too long to get to 80, while Japan can still have 70 by T3. Guam is often taken early and capturing NAfrica is hard , as Taranto amd Tobruk are both not possible, without a Sub in 98. Anerica is playing catch up economically and I think it should be quicker.

the statistics speak for themselves. Allies win most BM games (albeit by a slim statistical margin). there doesn’t really seem to be a need to boost the allies further. if anything, it should go other way.

• '19 '17 '16

In addition to kid’s comment, I’m not sure why getting to 80 income as usa is particularly important. Also not sure why those two objectives annoy you so much.

I don’t know what you mean about being easily stifled. Usa rarely gets below 70 income once at war.

• I do not have problem with BM.

And for those who have, just use the bid.

It brings more joy to the game  8-) :lol:

• 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18 '17

apologies if this is not the right thread. I just wanted to make sure I understood the Vichy rules and wasn’t sure where to post.

If a UK ship joins the French fleet off Southern France and then France goes Vichy, combat would only occur if the British ship didn’t leave in its next combat move. Or would it happen on the French turn?

• '19 '17

On UK’s turn if it didn’t leave.

• 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18 '17

thanks!

• @Adam514:

On UK’s turn if it didn’t leave.

Vichy ships attack UK ones?

• '19 '17

No, Neutral units can never attack.

• @Adam514:

No, Neutral units can never attack.

aha, uk units attack vichy

• '19 '17 '16

Why is a J1 attack more optimal in vanilla than in BM? On paper, the only real distinctions I can see is that attacking J1 vs J2 in OOB vs BM3 means:
    UK gets its Indian Ocean objective UK1: +3IPC to UK_Pac
    USA gets its airbase objective US1: +5IPC to USA
    ANZAC gets its convoy lane objective but 2 less from the strategic islands objective: +1IPC to ANZAC (or +3 if they claim Java instead of the strategic islands)
    Japan gets its home island objective: +3IPC to Japan

Surely the small number of IPCs changed in the Pacific doesn’t change that much. What am I missing here?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m