• '19 '17 '16

Ok, I can duplicate it and not just in your save game. Looks like the selection gets confused by the presence of the tac bomber which can only hit the airbase (not sure why you would make that attack but hey, that’s not relevant).

If you open up a normal game and bomb Normandy with a tac and a bomber in one move, you get the problem. It isn’t map dependant either - it occurs on G40 and BM3.

• '19 '17 '16

It’s arguable that this is a bug or not. There is only one valid target for the tac, that is the airbase. If both planes in the attack are hitting the same target, as you expect when it’s done in one move, then the only valid target is the airbase.

I’m inclined to argue that it is not a bug. In the same way, if you had brought in a fighter, you wouldn’t be asked if you want to bomb because the fighter is an invalid attacker for SBR when there are no potential interceptors.

• '19 '17

Oh yeah you need to separate the bombing run if it’s being done by different kinds of bombers if there are no fighters that can intercept.

• '19 '18 '17 '16

AH! I see. that was my mistake. Thanks for clearing that up guys.

• Is Columbia bordering the Carribean or Central America is bordering Venecuela?

I think it is the first but Triple a is giving me pain  :lol:

• '19 '17

Colombia seems to border both sea zones.

• OK Amon, I’m home now so can look at my game board.  Colombia appears to meet Z89 at a point, so seems to indicate that it does NOT border Z89.

If I’m wrong, hopefully Krieghund will correct me.

• '19 '17 '16

@Gamerman01:

OK Amon, I’m home now so can look at my game board.  Colombia appears to meet Z89 at a point, so seems to indicate that it does NOT border Z89.

I feel sure that this has been clarified in the past, and a correction to the map was made to remove the link from Central America to Venezuela because it met at a point and therefore neither of the cross point zones should meet. So that also answers the question in hand.

https://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=28562.2055

• @simon33:

@Gamerman01:

OK Amon, I’m home now so can look at my game board.  Colombia appears to meet Z89 at a point, so seems to indicate that it does NOT border Z89.

I feel sure that this has been clarified in the past, and a correction to the map was made to remove the link from Central America to Venezuela because it met at a point and therefore neither of the cross point zones should meet. So that also answers the question in hand.

https://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=28562.2055

so in the earlier versions of the map Central America was bordering Venezuela?

• '19 '17 '16

Yeah.

• @simon33:

Yeah.

U mean 2nd edition of Global, or the earlier versions of A&A ?

• '19 '17 '16

I mean in earlier versions of version 3.9 of the Global 1940 2nd edition map.

Found the commit,  hash: a6ae0fc9717181f9f82152a4cdc5bdc11989d193
    Was merged Aug 1, 2016.

Answers like that are the reason why the version should have been moved on for changes like this.

• @simon33:

I mean in earlier versions of version 3.9 of the Global 1940 2nd edition map.

Found the commit,  hash: a6ae0fc9717181f9f82152a4cdc5bdc11989d193
    Was merged Aug 1, 2016.

Answers like that are the reason why the version should have been moved on for changes like this.

so triple a just followed the change in A&A edition?

And why did they changed it anyway? Because it is historically (more) accurate?

• '19 '17 '16

No, because the way it was didn’t agree with the rules as clarified by Krieghund.

I don’t understand where your confusion is coming from. If you downloaded the map before Aug 1, 2016, you would have gotten the link incorrectly included. Is it clear now?

• I have found a pretty strange triple a bug.

Chinese can deploy units to the Himalayas :D

• '19 '17 '16

@Amon-Sul:

I have found a pretty strange triple a bug.

Chinese can deploy units to the Himalayas :D

Even worse, the does nothing AI always deploys there.

• I find the whole Mongolian troops to be annoying when I am playing the axis. If i have over committed to the Japanese Navy I never end up going to Russia, that is something i must change.

• @SixUnder:

I find the whole Mongolian troops to be annoying when I am playing the axis. If i have over committed to the Japanese Navy I never end up going to Russia, that is something i must change.

Ignore the Russians and the Mongolians. Take Pacific instead  8-)

• '19 '17 '16

I’m questioning if the Axis follow the script, do the Allies still have a chance in BM? OOB with a large bid provides more options for fighting back IMO. Even better, add in the BM SBR rules, victory conditions, marines and Vichy, but with an all French starting line up in France.

I don’t want to take away from all that is good in BM, which is a large chunk of it (cough Guerillas cough). I just don’t feel it resolves the fundamental problem with the game which is that as you learn how to play Axis, you become almost unstoppable.

Games that I’ve lost as Axis in the last 6 months or so have been where I’ve done something silly, like attempt a Sea Lion and then fail to defend the invasion fleet. Even attempting a Sea Lion may be silly enough on its own. Games I’ve won as allies have often been with the aid of ridiculous dice.

What do the top players think?

• @simon33:

I’m questioning if the Axis follow the script, do the Allies still have a chance in BM? OOB with a large bid provides more options for fighting back IMO. Even better, add in the BM SBR rules, victory conditions, marines and Vichy, but with an all French starting line up in France.

I don’t want to take away from all that is good in BM, which is a large chunk of it (cough Guerillas cough). I just don’t feel it resolves the fundamental problem with the game which is that as you learn how to play Axis, you become almost unstoppable.

Games that I’ve lost as Axis in the last 6 months or so have been where I’ve done something silly, like attempt a Sea Lion and then fail to defend the invasion fleet. Even attempting a Sea Lion may be silly enough on its own. Games I’ve won as allies have often been with the aid of ridiculous dice.

What do the top players think?

so U suggest a heavier, more massive France at the start?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m