• Exactly my point! mikaylah: give us all a detailed report of the worldwide situation T1 (w/ RR or not) and there are people on this site who can help you.

BTW SUD–looks like mikaylah is playing both Germany & Japan. He/she might need some pointers re: Japanese strategies for T1/throughout the game. I am making no headway…

Ozone27

• The idea to attack norway/finland after the Russians have wiped this territory out may be worth looking into. I am not sure I want to risk losing German planes for Russian tanks as this is not worth it. The only thing I can imagine doing with the Japanese fleet is sailing it to Africa however this will take too long. The only way I can think of putting quick pressure on the Russians and to remove this blocking pattern technique is by blitzing through neutral territories and paying the fine via Manchuria. This may get me more Russian Territories quicker.

I can not remember the exact placement of the Russians after turn 1 but it goes something like this. They bought 8 infantry. They attacked Finland with tanks men and plane just enough to take it usually they just the tanks left in Finland. At the end of their turn they place all the men in Karelia they bought put 1 guy in Caucus and none in Moscow. In the east they did not attack, they assembled all 5 or 6 men and 1 tank in the territory north of Manchuria 1 in from the sea not sure what the name is.

For me the key to the game from the Allied point of view is learning how to attack Germany in tandem. The Allies have the opportunity to concentrate on one territory. For example Western Europe. The British can hit it with their planes and a men. If they lose all they have to do is weaken the German and then the Americans can clean them out. The British can buy an aircraft carrier and then the Americans can fly planes on it to protect it all in the same round. When the German comes up he can not stop this this happens the first turn.

I believe a possible different scenario may help this game and it may be out there. How about being able to play Germany and Japan at the same time. Same thing for the allies and having the axis go first. This would take this advantage away from the allies.

As far as having Russia go first for me I am not sure this is going to do much in the end. This would result in not losing the German plane in Norway. I may attack Karelia as I will never have this opportunity again. The British fleet would get sunk and I would have more planes as the sub and transport would take the hits for me. I would certainly go after Africa however the same situation arises via the Americans and the British it may take a turn longer to happen.

Regardless if RR is in place doing anything more than sinking the carrier in pearl habor is out in my opinion. My opponent is well versed in these strategies and knows that attacking America is great for him and a poor decision for me. He will ignore all these attacks until I land or leave something unprotected

• I believe your strategies are sound however I will not risk losing my few german fighters for Russian tanks under this scenario. The Russians will be able to buy them back in turn 3 and have to buy men until this turn to hold the Germans. As far as AES my brother does the unthinkable he evacuates india to AES lets Japan take India first turn and by 2nd trun Africa is lost. He will buy an aircraft carrier the first turn and land american planes on it first turn as well. By this turn Africa is lost. I usually buy a factory in for Japan to get some men in Asia as quickly as possible. My next strategy is to buy a factory in Western China on the 2nd turn and hold it. This way I will be very close to Moscow in addition I will pay the fine to blitz through the neutral territories to gain more Russian territories. As far as the Jap fleet I will immediatley start moving toward Africa turn 1. I plan on disregarding the American fleet. I may move my sub around South America but this may be futile. I need my planes and my carrier for Africa. Any opinions?

• Hate to burst your bubble, mikaylah, but you can’t “blitz” thru neutral territories. Russia will see you coming a mile off.

With India evacuated, your campaign in Asia should be a walk-thru. Check out the “Take Hawaii” thread for a funny gambit for dealing with this exact situation–might give you some ideas for much better strategies of your own.

Hope this helps.

Ozone27

• I plan on doing the following first turn holding eastern europe while destroying the british fleet. And buying all infantry and one transport. Next with Japan I am going to outright destroy pearl harbor. After landing my troops in asia I am withdrawing 2 transports to the solomon islands where I will land in Chile next turn paying the fee. I will buy transports and 4 men for Japan no factory. Next turn may Japanese fleet will be off the coast of Sout America. My men that landed in Chile will be in Brazil and my intent is to capture south africa where I will build a factory in turn 3.

I believe this will take heat of Germany fast. What should I do with my german sub in the atlantic?

• “I believe this will take heat of Germany fast. What should I do with my german sub in the atlantic?”

I think that the Atlantic sub should be used to help disable the UK Battleship in The Straits of Gibraltar.

• Sounds like somebody has been reading Don’s strategy site again. The danger with the Japanese fleet operating so far away from home waters is that the Sea of Japan transports are totally unprotected. The Alllies can drop bombers in Russian Asia easily since Japan is delayed in taking it with style of playing. This wipes out the Japanese transporting to Asia. This cannot happen for Axis victory. Also, the Allies although losing some extra territory (Brazil and/or South Africa), could operate normally anyway. The Japanese fleet is a threat in the Atlantic, but I’d play defensive and wait for them to attack. It would be easier to buy some extra naval units to use as fodder (The Allies would have the time to do so), than to panic and buy extra aircraft or more expensive naval units to directly deal with it. The British transporting to Africa, can overwhelm any Axis IC in Africa…

This is more of a scare tactic and a delaying one. Allies, keep your cool and take advantage of it…

• I’m sure the Brazil/Africa concept has been talked about before, but I wouldn’t suggest it. The main reason being is that it takes too long for the japanese transports to reach South Africa. Think about it, from Pearl Harbor, it takes 3 turns to reach South Africa. However, you must still wait an extra turn to place the IC because of the “no new IC on newly conquered territory” rule. Then you have to wait another turn to actually build units from it. This takes 5 turns (well, 6 if you count J1) for you to start producing any units from it. Then off course you have to move those inf from South Africa all the way up to North Africa, where most of the fighting should take place. Overall, I wouldn’t suggest it for obvious time and IPC concerns. Remember I’ll take time for those transports you sent out to Africa to return to Japan along with the 15 IPCs to buy a IC.

Key point, if you want to help the Germans out in Africa, I suggest setting up a convoy route from India to Egypt for a constant stream of units. Chances are you can reinforce the Germans quicker without wasting an IC to do it.

• TG is right. The gateway for Japan to Africa is through India, not South Africa. A factory in South Africa can only help you in you guessed it! Africa. A factory in India, on the other hand, can help with campaigns in both Asia Minor, Africa, and South Eastern Russia. By planning appropriately, you can move any number of forces into Africa, you are not just limited to two units from a South African factory. Taking India is part of the general Japanese strategy, there is no need to go out of your way and send two priceless transports to do it.

• I think I will try this gambit next time I play the game. For me invading neutral Chile allows my 2 infantry to walk to Brazil in turn 3. Also in turn 3 I will hit South Africa. I am not sure if I will buy a factory in South Africa as I can obtain territories quickly against few obstacles. I plan on buying a factory in India as my first IPC purchas possible in turn 3 or 4. As I am new to playing RR what would you do with the Germans in Norway/Finland. Assuming the Russians bought 8 men and placed them In Karlelia should I attack Karelia with a strafing run or just pull out the plane and back pedal to Eastern Europe. Should I take the transport and use it as a hit when attacking England’s fleet or should I pull 2 men off Norway and put them in Eastern Europe. Any opinions?

• Well usually, I don’t build a IC in India until at least J4. Early on you want to establish an infantry route extending from Kwangtung to Burma to India with a large transport fleet. Asia always comes first before Africa. However, if the Russian is smart, it makes it very difficult to take parts of Russia. That is when I start transporting troops to Africa via my transports (4 inf a turn backed up by ftr should be enough). An IC in India helps speeds things up in Asia (with ARM), and if need be, I can even hit the undefended parts of the Middle East for an IPC bonus! Those ARM can go on to take Egypt and help support Africa operations if the Japanese encounters stiff resistence in N Africa.

• is there a way to play this game on the web? Is there a way to save the game to a file and then attack it to an email and mail it and then load it up. I live far away from my brother and would play this game everyday if possible.

• Hi, I went to the server input email address etc. hit submit and registered a game. How do I play it? I went to the site mentioned on dicey server for axis and allies attempted to register and the server crashed every time.

• Hey SUD; when did you get so nice? :D Did you get religion or something?

J/K!

Ozone27

• I went through changing the email etc. Now I understand how this works. Is there a method via this server to see your pieces on an image. For example it would have the territories and the pieces that are on them?

• I chose to attack Karelia the first time with this game. I am having a problem with the dice rolling. The first time I enter the units I have etc and the units I am attacking it rolls fine. My question is what do I do next assuming that there are pieces still left. Do I need to just hit the submit button again or do I need to actuall key in the pieces that are left and then hit submit?

• I have been reading the threads regarding Germany turn 1. I believe that even with a RR it is still nearly impossible for Germany to do anything. I have a question what about taking the transport and grabbing 2 guys from Finland and putting them in Africa? What should I do about Eastern Europe. I am basically pulling out of ukraine except 1 guy putting my armor in germany in italy and leaving 9 guys in Eastern Europe setting up a dead zone for the Russian to attack. I purchase 1 trannie and 8 guys. I do nothing with the battleship and bring over 2 guys to libya. Next I take 1 tank and 1 guy 1 territory south of libya and I land a plane in Libya. I also wipe out all British ships and leave the Russian stuff alone.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m