• My brother and I have played AA42.2 seven times over the past couple of months and Axis have won every single time. We alternate who gets to play the Axis or Allies every new game so we both get good with strategies for both sides. The first 3 times we played the game as it comes out of the box. They were all blow outs and were completed in 4 or 5 turns victory for the Axis. The last 4 games we have given the allies a 9 IPC bid or a bomber in Moscow. I always choose to put 3 infantry in the Russian front and my brother once he chose the bomber in Moscow and the other time he chose 3 infantry in Russia.

The games now take longer and are actually quite a bit of fun. The last game we played I had Allies and was kicking a$$ from round one (dice were good to me) but a crucial mistake on round 6 cost me the game. I lost Moscow by one bloody tank. At that time Germany also had Leningrad and Japan took Hawaii on the same turn as I went KGF and left Japan controlling the Pacific. If I would of held Moscow for one more turn the Axis had no chance as UK and USA were putting a lot of pressure on Germany for 3 rounds already.

We will play AA42.2 until both of us have won with the Allies and after that we will move to AA50. I’ve created the AA50 version by printing IL’s beautiful map, made my own set up charts and purchased 1940 Global to use the Italian and Chinese pieces. Once we have enough of AA50 we will move to 1940 Global.

Also I want to try the Mechanized Infantry and Tactical Bombers in the AA42.2 and eventually AA50. Not sure if anyone tried that. For AA50 we will have tanks cost 6 IPC’s just like AA42.2.

• Hi Erocco - and a warm welcome to the forum.

I see that you have picked up on the bidding concept and this is how many will balance the game. My “feel” is that the average bid is perhaps 12 for the allies.

The more experienced the players, the lesser the advantage the axis gains from such dominant firepower at the start of the game, so more than 12 may be needed initially.

Glad to hear that you enjoying A&A so much. If you have not done it already you may want to share those AA50 set up charts?

Cheers
    PP

• I will post the charts for sure as soon as the forum allows me. I believe there is a minimum posts I have to make before I can upload files, pictures etc.

• Yes - but it s only 5 or 10 so you’ll soon be there ….

• '17 '16

@Erocco:

Also I want to try the Mechanized Infantry and Tactical Bombers in the AA42.2 and eventually AA50. Not sure if anyone tried that. For AA50 we will have tanks cost 6 IPC’s just like AA42.2.

I now use MechInf and TacBs in all my 1942.2 game.
    I usually change 2 or 3 Fighters for 2 or 3 TcBs in Germany, UK, Japan and US.
    If you play bid, you can add 1 TcB in Russia instead of changing 1 Fg.

MI must be purchase, there is none at the start.

For AA50, I believe you should first try the 5 IPCs Tank.
    At 6 IPCs, it radically affects Russia while Germany have less trouble to deal with the increase.

• That is interesting. For AA50 I though the 6 IPC tank would benefit Russia as personally I only build one and very rarely two tanks with Russia per turn where with Germany I would build three to four tanks per turn. I was hoping the 1IPC increase would balance the game a bit more as I think now it favors the Axis.

For AA42.2 and AA50 I think the introduction of the Mech. Infantry would tilt the advantage towards the Axis. We haven’t tried it yet but when we do time will tell.

For Tactical Bombers I don’t think there is an advantage or disadvantage for both sides.

For AA50 what would you change the Mechanized Infantry technology if MIs are included in the game? Or should it stay the same?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m