• Dm I think I stated the pick- up move with the Japanese inf on Oki and wake, but I didn’t mention the names… But good explanation.

• @limitedwhole:

@Bashir:

Lol like you state it the Axis will win almost everygame… You surely never played a decent allies player… And again Rusland losing arms to germans inf is ridicilous… If you change territories you use inf and fig => No ARMS!!!

The Axis win about 45% of games.  I have played against excellent Allies players.  Not ridiculous.  Russia buying anything but tanks and infantry is ridiculous.  Russia is always under 20 I.P. by thrid turn.  12 for a fig instead of 4 infantry. Laughable.  If a Russian player buys figs, Germany can just roll over him.  Heck I might even buy an A.A. gun just for the fun of it and laugh when he loses four infantry every time one of his fighters gets shot down.

Axis win 45%…  hmmm…

If you are talking about the MB 2nd ed A&A, then
    you and your friends really do not know how to play a winnable allied strategy.

If you look at some older threads (on other boards too), veterans used to often discuss the dismal 5-10% Axis win ratios.

That win ratio is the whole reason behind bidding for the Axis.

It was also a major driving force for Larry Harris to produce the latest AH version of the game discussed on the AAR topic area.

• @madscientist:

I played against this one guy once who, after 3 rounds and significant inroads into Africa, pulled everything back into just the capital. He had 40 inf in Germany with 4 fighters, plus building inf every round. I tried to build up forces to attack this, but I just bounced off. I made the mistake of taking SEU with Russia instead of USA, so I couldn’t build American units in Italy. Anyway, it took me so long to build up enough forces to attack this stack again, that Japan had an economic victory by then. Pulling back is sometimes advantageous.

Jpn had an economic victory???

Just by themselves?

I remember the Axis at 84 EV win condition.  It is counted at the end of the USA turn.

Please enlighten me as I am unsure how that can be achieved when Ger is missing SE, EE, Ukr, F/N and possibly WE.  That extra $14-20 is very hard to make up for unless Jpn takes over Rus.

• I think Jpn might be able to make up for lost Ger land value also by taking WUS.

• @Linkon:

Jpn had an economic victory???

Just by themselves?

I remember the Axis at 84 EV win condition.  It is counted at the end of the USA turn.

Please enlighten me as I am unsure how that can be achieved when Ger is missing SE, EE, Ukr, F/N and possibly WE.  That extra $14-20 is very hard to make up for unless Jpn takes over Rus.

No no, not by themselves. What actually happened was that I stacked as many allied troops as I could against Germany, meanwhile, Japan had most of Asia, Australia, New Zealand, Hawaii, Alaska, Mexico and some territory in Africa by the time I attacked the German stack in Berlin. After ALL allies had attacked Germany, there were no allied units in EEU, WEU and Italy, and Germany just took them all back with something like 8 inf left in the capital.  It was enough for an Axis economic victory by the end of US’s turn.

• Apparently, the Allies should have waited ONE more round before attacking…

And the US should have spent a couple of bucks to take back Mexico and Alaska…

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m