This is how i do bidding in my games…
Bidding determines who plays the Axis and the Allies and aids play balance. The bidding procedure follows.
1. Each player secretly enters a bid for Germany. The lower bid plays the Axis powers with the benefits of the winning bid placed on the board during the game setup. For multi-player games, the lowest bid plays Germany, and the second lowest bid plays Japan.
2. Bids are compared by IP value and may consist of extra units (land, air, or sea) and/or additional IP for Germany.
3. Bids may not consist of advanced weapons development.
4.Land units may be placed in any territory controlled by Germany. Naval units may be placed in any sea zone currently occupied by German units.
5.Negative value bids are allowed (removing German units and/or IP) but may not be combined with the addition of units or IP.
6.Tying bids are resolved by die roll.
- Player 1 bids 16 IP (five extra German infantry in Ukraine and 1 IP).
- Player 2 bids 19 IP (2 subs in Western Spain and 1 infantry in Ukraine).
- Player one will play the Axis with five additional German infantry in Ukraine and a starting IP total of 36.