• I am a bit uncertain about the rules governing Russia/Japan about Mongolia.

I understand what happens when each country breaks the rules but I am uncertain how the infantry in Mongolia are activated.

If Japan attacks Soviet territory bordering Mongolia, then the infantry become pro-Allies represented by Soviet pieces. This is were I am confused. Does the Soviet Union have to move in and claim those infantry like other neutral territories around the globe or can they start moving them immediately as if they were there all along?

Thanks in advance.

• '15

Come on, man, it’s even on the front page of the forum at the moment:

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=30776

Regardless, welcome!

• '21 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16

@wilk7011:

I am a bit uncertain about the rules governing Russia/Japan about Mongolia.

I understand what happens when each country breaks the rules but I am uncertain how the infantry in Mongolia are activated.

If Japan attacks Soviet territory bordering Mongolia, then the infantry become pro-Allies represented by Soviet pieces. This is were I am confused. Does the Soviet Union have to move in and claim those infantry like other neutral territories around the globe or can they start moving them immediately as if they were there all along?

My understanding is that these pieces go on the board immediately. On the next Russian turn, these pieces can be moved.

Marsh

• @teslas:

Regardless, welcome!

Thank you for your assumptions and condescension, I am sure you are a treat to play with. I have read through that topic and it was not clearly stated. It was full of many rulebook quotes but no direct answers or explanations.

• '15

@wilk7011:

@teslas:

Regardless, welcome!

Thank you for your assumptions and condescension, I am sure you are a treat to play with. I have read through that topic and it was not clearly stated. It was full of many rulebook quotes but no direct answers or explanations.

Teslas is good people.  I assure you he (she?) was being friendly

• Welcome to the forum will 7011.

This is where all of us have posted both difficult and silly questions. I am an expert at the latter, but have always received courteous and helpful answers from our forum colleagues, including Teslas, who is a good guy.

Please don’t be put off by that response. Keep coming back with your questions and comments. We will all be pleased to help.

BTW - it took me a while to get to grips with the R/J/Mongolia rules too.

Cheers
    PP

• It’s a bit tricky, I had some trouble coming to grips with it as well.

Here’s the rules, as best I understand them:

Aggression-qualifying attacks consist of:

• Russia attacking Japan in Korea or any Japanese-controlled Chinese territory that borders Mongolia
    • Japan attacking any Russian territory that borders Mongolia

Whoever does one of these first is the aggressor from the Mongolians’ point of view.

If Russia is the aggressor, Mongolia stays forever neutral.

If Japan is the aggressor, they become Russian at the END of Japan’s turn in which the aggression occurs. So Japan cannot in the same combat move attack both (without declaring war on all neutrals). Since China can’t move into Mongolian spaces, the earliest anyone can interact with these newly Russian units and territories is the UK turn after Japan’s aggression.

Hope that helps! Best to watch it unfold in others’ games to get a more concrete sense of what’s going on there.

• Russia attacking Japanese controlled Chinese territories bordering Mongolia also counts as Russian aggression.

• Good call let me modify my post so no one gets the wrong impression

• '15

(Unlike what the others have said, I’m not that much of a friendly kind of guy, but I did genuinely mean the line about welcoming you to the board.)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m