Welcome! If you're a returning member of the forums, please reset your password. If you don't receive an email within minutes, it means your account is listed under another, likely older, email address. Contact webmaster@axisandallies.org for help.

1914 - Advanced rules

Advanced rules for 1914. SEE ATTACHED .TXT FILE One rule requires new territory inserts; Darfur, Armenia, and Khiva Khanate.  Darfur is southern part of Anglo-Egyptian Sudan (borders Fr-Eq-Africa and Congo).  Armenia northern part Mesopotamia (borders Persia, Ankara, and Sev).  Khiva southern tip of Kazakhstan (borders Afgh. & Persia).  All are minor-aligned, Darfur and Armenia with Ottomans, Khiva with Russia.
    Questions welcomed.  
    1914_adv_rules.txt

• I like the idea of neutral Italy, and railroad movement is a good change. But I’m generally not a fan of things like convoluted dice modifiers and things that have to be tracked in secret on a separate piece of paper. I think the game is complex enough as it is. And if I were going to redesign the board, I’d scrap Africa entirely rather than add territories to it. My group forgets to move in Africa so often it became a running joke.

Just my opinion. I’m sure others will disagree.

The rules are a menu - you can pick and choose which ones you want to use.  I believe the basic game is…. well… too basic - but that’s the A&A way.  My rules are intended to make it more complex - which hopefully adds to a closer re-creation of some of the aspects of WWI.

Attached text file with rules updated today.  1/21/16

• If there’s an Axis & Allies game that needs solid house rules… it’s definitely 1914.

Welcome to the new forums! For security and technical reasons, we did not migrate your password. Therefore to get started, please reset your password. You may use your email address or username. Please note that your username is not your display name.

If you're having problems, please send an email to webmaster@axisandallies.org

T-shirts, Hats, and More

Suggested Topics

I Will Never Grow Up Games

Users

Topics

1.3m