• So to make it worth it and be safer doing an air raid with at least 2 bombers would be good that way if the AA or interceptors do get a hit it wont hurt to bad and ill still be able to hit my target. Maes sense ill have to try on our next game

• '17 '16

@DesertFox_96:

So to make it worth it and be safer doing an air raid with at least 2 bombers would be good that way if the AA or interceptors do get a hit it wont hurt to bad and ill still be able to hit my target. Maes sense ill have to try on our next game

Don’t forget, even on 1 StB vs 1 Fg interceptor ratio, attacker still have the better hand.
    A bomber can kill a Fg and bomb IC.
    You have your chance to kill interceptor with the same odds against you.

• '17 '16 '15

Yes as KNP replied above it seems my intercepting doesn’t go very well either. Granted I don’t do it a lot. What they are good for is forcing the attacker not to try it on the cheap. Which keeps a couple planes from performing other missions.

• Customizer

Yes, barney makes a very good point. A lot of times I play Germany and I want to pound England’s IC and air base. I usually have 2 or 3 bombers while UK has been piling up defense for fear of a Sealion attack and has 5 or 6 fighters sitting there. I won’t send in my bombers if the enemy has more fighters than I have bombers. I’m just afraid that is too many chances for them to kill my bombers.

• Sponsor

Is there really any reason to bomb the London factory if there is no intension to conduct sealion?

• @Young:

Is there really any reason to bomb the London factory if there is no intension to conduct sealion?

Well, it would slow down any Atlantic fleet construction, but the UK can build a bit more slowly in Canada instead…

• @Young:

Only if your planes have nothing better to do, which seems rather unlikely except perhaps G2

• Sponsor

@Private:

@Young:

Only if your planes have nothing better to do, which seems rather unlikely except perhaps G2

I almost always use my German air force G2 to sweep the Med of allied ships left over after Taranto.

• Im thinking more for the Allies, the only good bombing for Germany would be to hit the factory in the Ukraine or Novograd since it would make it easyier to capture those positions. The Allies however can do more damage by hitting the french factories as well as the factory in Western Germany because it forces the Germans to spend IPC on repairs instead of equipment and troops which can really hurt their war effort.

• '21 '20 '18 '17

Mr. Fox;

The problem with SBR, is that that Allies can’t effectively use it.  Germany has access to 5 or 6 minor and 2 major complexes, so he can simply ignore a significant amount of damage and place nearby instead.  If somehow he has to repair, Germany has 60-70$ to do it with.    Japan can only realistically be bombed by the US, and then only from Iwo Jima or Mainland Asian bases.  The UK only has 1 bomber, and it doesn’t stay up north very often.  The US doesn’t have any extra $$ to buy strat bombers with, they are useful but you can’t buy more than a few.  Russia cant sensibly afford any, which is why  many people give them one to balance things out.

To the allies, it is devastating.  “Dark Skies” is an Axis Strat Bomber heavy strategy.  With even 6-8 bombers, they can paralyze London, Leningrad, Ukraine, Bombay and eventually Moscow.  With more, they can fly anywhere and sbr or strike almost anything.  Uk and USSR only have 30+ money and access to a few factories, so they have to repair the damage and they can’t afford to waste even 1 infantry.

Some people have even asked the question why damage the factories that you are about to seize (and then subsequently repair the damage you caused).  This highlights the imbalance, the Axis may choose not to bomb in order to capture them intact, using the strat bombers on the attack instead without risking AAA.

• SBR can be used effectively against Italy - not like you need it, but it can.

1. When you’re ready to invade Rome you can SBR before hand to prevent Italy from using its meager remaining income from adding units to its defense.

2. If you’ve beaten Axis in the Med, and have the SZs stuffed with subs to blockade away Italy’s income, one good SBR run on each Italian factory can shut them down for good, since it can be very difficult for them to come up with even the few IPCs needed to repair it. This can stop Italy from building the inf or two a turn needed to work in conjunction with Germany to trade territory or can-open.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m