• …“How old are you?”  “35.”  “And you wear a bowtie?”    LMAO!!!

• I knew of the feud Billy was building by making the stoner comment.  I was lucky to be at a friend’s house (don’t have cable) when he was on The Daily Show.  For everything he had said, Jon was very well-mannered and, as far as I could see, acted like an adult about the whole thing.  Never took a shot at Bill.
    Maybe O’Reilly has a vision, but he sure as hell doesn’t approach it properly.  He is a living tabloid, and it’s a shame that a mock news show (for the sake of comedy) has more informed viewers than a self-proclaimed “no-spin” news show.
    And yes, I’ve watched O’Reilly’s show.  It’s to news what the WWE is to sports.

• Just a quick note on Bill…

He has been caught in another lie/exageration/giving false news.

On December 9, he had a guest on talking about the “War on Christmas” and talked extensively about a PLano, TX school that banned red and green clothes during the holidays.  The school mentioned has posted on their website and directly contacted the parents that such is not true, never was true.

Bill was also notified.  No retraction or correction has been issued to date.

• O’Reilly opposes the ACLU

That makes him infinitely better because you cant have too many enemies of that dreaded ACLU!

• @Imperious:

That makes him infinitely better because you cant have too many enemies of that dreaded ACLU!

Yes, we must certainly oppose any organization that fights to preserve our right to be protected from unwarranted search and seizure, and that is working to prevent the rise of an American Theocracy.  Yes, we must KILL, KILL, KILL the dreadful ACLU.

• Yep word up… :mrgreen:

The ACLU does so much more than protect the rights of some, they protect their agenda of tearing down human progress, so we can hug trees, cuddle with our enemies, and divide the nation into the chaos of moral relativism.

• @Imperious:

Yep word up… :mrgreen:

The ACLU does so much more than protect the rights of some, they protect their agenda of tearing down human progress, so we can hug trees, cuddle with our enemies, and divide the nation into the chaos of moral relativism.

Are you by chance a contributor of Fox News?  Perhaps a researcher for the EIB Network?

• a researcher for the EIB Network

shhh…don’t tell anyone but i am really Rush Limbaugh and i post here while i take an obscene profit break from my formally nicotine stained fingers.

LOL.

The ACLU is alot like Jesse Jackson… Jesse fights all the battles for black people that are perpetrated by white people et al, except when those same crimes are committed by other blacks ( figures) .The ACLU the ever purveyor of all fashionable lawsuits has never fought against any liberal interests, except when they defended Jesse helms ( about 3 years ago). Does this not point to agendas? Are they pure as the driven snow?.. i think not!
      Jesse is the biggest shake down artist in history he funds his entourage with threats about protesting/ boycotting our big businesses then gets a wad of cash to keep his thugs away, only to move on to the next company and instigating more threats. What a life to lead!

• Well, the reason I asked that farcical question is that a LOT of people don;t know what the ACLU does, other than the high profile cases that make Rush or Fox or something similar.

Most people know nothing of things like a series of lawsuits the ACLU files several years ago over religious freedom.  Three cases in particular:  In one a Jewish student was suspended for wearing a Star of David (the school had labeled it a “gang symbol”).  Another case in Indiana or Illinois a student suspended for wearing a Wiccan Pentacle (another alleged “gang symbol”.  And the teacher’s aide in PA fired for wearing a Cross.  Three cases, three different schools, three different religions (including Christian) and the ACLU filed on behalf of all 3.

Most folks know things like the Sante Fe Independent School case about prayer before a football game froma few years ago.  Again, while the ACLU was blasted for their position in the case, they were coming down on the side of INDIVIDUAL RELIGIOUS FREEDOM.  And I am sorry, but I consider that to be a VERY worthy cause.

The ACLU has also been just about the ONLY major group fighting against the excessive confiscation and unwarranted search laws that have been the sad legacy of the War on Drugs… searches conducted and property confiscated until the victim was able to PROVE innocence… a practice that is Bass Ackward for this nation; but none the less has basically only been being fought by the ACLU.

Do they get things whacked out from time to time?  Sure.  Are they liberal?  In terms of social liberties, DAMN SKIPPY they are!

But you know what?  This country was FOUNDED on social liberalism… Quakers who could not legally practice their religion in Europe so they came here to be able to be independent and worship as they wished; businessmen who fled the entrenched systems of Old Europe to try new ideas… ideas that made us the best nation on Earth for many decades.

And to be honest, I LIKE knowing that the ACLU is out there fighting for my right to do as I wish in my bedroom, on my land, and in my church.  And I think it is sad that a group like the ACLU has to be around to FIGHT that fight, since my government was originally founded to perform that service for me.

• I just got back from a week long trip, but heard Bill O’Reilly talk about the Tookie Williams supporters putting up a statesmanesque funeral for the convict now that he is no longer alive.

Bill’s comment was that they put up a lot of money for someone of obvious non-innocence.  What about putting up good funerals for the 4 victoms?  Why establish all this in the name of the gang-founder?  The wackos have the wrong focus.  The families of the murder victoms should have been a much higher priority.

• @ncscswitch:

And to be honest, I LIKE knowing that the ACLU is out there fighting for my right to do as I wish in my bedroom, on my land, and in my church.  And I think it is sad that a group like the ACLU has to be around to FIGHT that fight, since my government was originally founded to perform that service for me.

Bill recently mentioned that the ACLU throws an occasional bone to the conservative right.  They handled or at least offed to provide legal aide to Rush Limbaugh when he was embroiled in the pain relief drug scandal.  The ACLU would never do anything real meaningful for the conservatives.  Helping Rush gave them a “We’re being fair to the right” type of attitude that makes up for all of the awful stuff they do the rest of the year.

More on Bill.  He apparently dislikes how America is becoming a nation of extremists.  He seems to think of himself as more in the moderate right or whereever populism reigns.  Probably why his ratings are so high.

http://www.billoreilly.com/blog?start=105

Aug-24-2005
    Are you an extremist?
    Are you… an extremist? We’ve devised a short list of indicators:
    If you think Michael Moore reports accurately… you’re an extremist.
    If you think the documentary “Outfoxed” tells the truth about this network… you’re in the extreme zone.
    If you agree with Reverends Falwell and Robertson that gays and abortionists caused God to allow 9/11… you are an extremist.
    If you still think Terri Schiavo was aware of her surroundings… this extreme is for you.
    If you believe an open border is good for the USA… you have entered extreme territory.
    If you feel foreign terrorists have constitutional rights, and convicted child sex offenders should not serve long prison terms… say hello to the extremist label.
    If you agree that Allah is okay with slaughtering civilians… you are extreme. If you admire the philosophy of the Third Reich… you are there.
    If you agree with everything President Bush has done… you are an extremist. If you think everything he’s done has been bad… put a big E on your forehead.
    And finally, if you applaud when Barbra Streisand talks geo-politics or when a right-wing talk show host urges a nuclear strike on Iran… welcome to the wonderful world of extremism.

Posted by Bill O’Reilly at 4:49 PM

• @Linkon:

Probably why his ratings are so high.

Give it another few months…  Bill is a flash in the pan.  His radio show (head to head against Rush) is dying.  His 8:00 Pm Fox show is fading in the ratings…  Bill simply has gone too far to the right, even for his FOX audience.

He has become tired and boring… how long can you blame the ACLU for EVERYTHING?  And being honest, what else does he do?  He attacks the ACLU and PETA.  Big deal.  I am sure both orgs love the free advertising.

By this time in '07, FOX will have something new in the 8:00 slot.

• Its easy to blame the ACLU for everything bad, as thery are responsible for everything bad.

• I thought that was the muslims?

• picky picky picky

theres alot of people that are responsible for “everything bad”

• Wow, I’m particularly surprised at O’Reillys list of extremes.  If those thoughts are actually running through his head, then some of the statments actually impress me.  But I guess he knows enough about extremes - I watched his show once or twice, and that was about all I could take.

But the O’Reilly clothing line is absolutely fabulous!  Now you too can look chic and live the “life O’Reilly.”

And, by the way, it’s God’s fault.  If there’s anyone to blame, it’s Him/Her/It/They/Us.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m