• I also sometimes use India forces to kill off Italians in Africa. It´s ofcourse a one time action. The rest of Indian Brits are needed against Japan. But I mostly make up for that by building an IC in Persia to help out India with European Brits.

I also sometimes use my Indians to transport units straight into Persia so I can build an IC there UK2.

• '15

Agreed that I like to use some India troops to help out with Africa.  It makes a huge difference over there.  The one or two units you bring over aren’t going to have a significant impact in the Pacific (the Allies aren’t winning or losing the game over it).

• It’s not the two units that India would be missing.  It’s the 4 ipcs not received from Java because you no longer have a transport.  I understand both arguments, though.  UK’s options in the Indian Ocean are interesting.

• The only problem I usually have by using that TT for taking a DEI Island is that in round two that TT is lost and the two inf you stationed there are but a marginal headache for Japan.

• '15

@Tavenier:

The only problem I usually have by using that TT for taking a DEI Island is that in round two that TT is lost and the two inf you stationed there are but a marginal headache for Japan.

It’s a fair point Drummer but I agree with the above poster.  The transport can be of use the London in the Africa campaign.  I used to take an island with India but the gain of 4 for a loss of 10 or 13?  Doesn’t make sense.

Now, if for whatever reason you’re confident Japan is waiting for J3 to attack?  That’d be worth it.

• Depends on the Allied strategy. If the anti-Japan plan includes stopping up DEI with blockers and resistance, then you need to add the UK transport. Otherwise, it can be of good use combined with the other transport to move units between India and Africa.

• @ShadowHAwk:

Well you put 2 inf on an island there and anzac takes another 4 ipcs island.

It prevents japan from just walking over and if they dont go J2 because they are out of position for instance you gained another 4.

Also good chance those 2 inf take another 1 with them in defence. Inf for japan is hard to replace all the way down there.

my thoughts exactly.  the tiny battles every turn in any of the DEI are good scratches to keep Japan from spending IPC’s to take a capital.

Also, I just realized this has gotten off topic.  Supposed to be about stopping Italy, which I believe it is to hit 97 with almost everything you can, attack Tobruk, and either pin/chase the Ethiopian contingent.

• Hey thanks for the replies.  I understand that it is possible to set them back.  However, I feel like a good axis player will use the German air to clear the med early and then the Italians still have the strongest naval presence in the med early game.

If the Germans then commit their air force to helping Italy in Africa there is little England can do alone to stop Italy from getting to the point to where they are earning close the same ipcs.  Maybe I am wrong but once it gets to this point if the US doesn’t get involved,  most of England’s effort is focused on Italy.  Which is a win for the axis.

The US can tip the scales and make sure the Italians stay in Europe but I am just wondering what the most cost effective way would be.  Thanks again for the insight.  I really appreciate it.

• Customizer

@csaw:

Hey thanks for the replies.  I understand that it is possible to set them back.  However, I feel like a good axis player will use the German air to clear the med early and then the Italians still have the strongest naval presence in the med early game.

Okay, excuse me if I am missing something. I think you are saying the Germans should use their Luftwaffe to hit the British and French ships in the Med so Italy has more of a free hand down there. If so, that would have to be done round 1.
    So are you not attacking the British ships in the Atlantic?

• Usually Italy clears the French ships and Germany clears whatever targets are left in G2.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m