Russia - no matter what the end is the same?

• In all our games Russia gets knocked around by the CP’s and are either beaten or neutralized by revolution. No matter what strategy they employ. No matter how many losses the CP’s suffer they just keep coming and one-two punching

Also even with this " victory " the CP’s always seem to lose…

Perhaps this is too accurate historically…

Has anyone ever had Russia survive and be a key player in a complete victory?

Any British player not go full build for KTF?

• I think the most unbalance part if the game is how GB can build unlimited troops in India. Ottomans are like the worst CP to be unless Britain doesn’t do much in the Middle East which is really unlikely(unless its a noob). So add house rules to balance it out. My House rule is GB can only build 6 units and can’t build tanks there. This is a good number its not too little for the Ottomans to grow huge and its not too big for GB to over power them and GB can’t use tanks to easily take Constantinople. This gives the Ottomans a bit more freedom to do more like help take the Balkans quicker and help defeat Russia faster, than always on defense and not do much help for your allies than distract GB. I think this really gives the CPs a bigger chance to win.

• We tried to limit the builds to 8 but this still allowed the UK to really rough up the OE.

We also tried 4 units but that was too few. India was often lost to easily.

I will give the 6 a try.  We usually allow only 1 cannon per turn, as we assume these units are Indian, Australian and New Zealanders and don’t have the heavy weapons industry the UK had.

We also restricted tanks for the same reason.

• Good idea.  That’s a good background for limiting, as well.  It must have been extremely difficult, logistically, for the Brits.  However, Larry’s reasoning for the big stacks in India is that it represents the entire British Pacific, as Australia, etc. aren’t on the board.  But, yeah, I’m with you on the arty, as well.

• Customizer

Have you tried shipping UK troops to north Russia? A UK stack in the north and a Russian super-stack in Belarus is tough for the CPs to crack.

• No, but I will - normally just take the Brits and go all in on KTF

• Russia - no matter what the end is the same?
    In all our games Russia gets knocked around by the CP’s and are either beaten or neutralized by revolution. No matter what strategy they employ. No matter how many losses the CP’s suffer they just keep coming and one-two punching
    Also even with this " victory " the CP’s always seem to lose…
    Perhaps this is too accurate historically… <<

Hmm…perhaps this shows that the rules, at least as they pertain to Russia, are governed by the principles of dialectical matrialism which Marxists (and Lenin) were fond of quoting: the theory that history is shaped by collective social forces which inevitably lead to certain outcomes (like the revolution), regardless of the actions of individual national leaders (like the players of the game).    :-D

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m