• The Neutrals in this game are a mixed bag, Spain Norway and Sweden are strong enough to deter most players messing with them… even though I have read some players advocate a US invasion of Spain. I can’t see that that would have had any impact on any of the games we have played.

But Denmark and Holland are not strong enough not to be messed with and SWITZERLAND…come on a 1  :-o

2 units…  :roll:  seems to be a big insult to both the armed forces of Switzerland and the mountainous terrain of the country.

Take away the abilities to violate neutrals and the unlimted British builds in India have little impact, unless they can send more transports to move troops around.

Someone said the only two neutrals that need to be attacked are Switzerland and Persia.

Neutrals and Switzerland need tweaking

• Many people say that Switzerland should be impassable or increase their number of defense units without change Switzerland’s value.

• I’ve tried 3 different systems,

Impassable (the best overall I have found and simplest)

Increased their army to both 4 and 8 units (8 makes it formidable)

and Increased their army to 4 units and at the same time requiring an IPC hit on the invader.

We have them pay a 10 IPC penalty for taking down the Swiss banking system. One time shot.

• Another idea is have a certain amount of units able to enter Switzerland like 4(or something else) or have only infantry(maybe artillery) able to enter.(since of the mountains)

Another problem for me is that Serbia’s army is 4 units and thats annoying because for how much Serbia did for the allies. But Albania also has 4 units and Albania didn’t do very much so my house rule is…

Serbia is worth 3 and every round it survives it gains a free infantry.(this makes sure that AH doesn’t only send a few units)

Albania is worth 1 and is strict neutral.

I’m also wondering if Bulgaria should gain a free infantry every round when it is activated.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m