• Hey Folks,

has anybody on this board ever tried to design a game variant covering operation market garden?
    Maybe in the style of A&A D-Day.

Greetings,
    Lars

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

@The:

Hey Folks,

has anybody on this board ever tried to design a game variant covering operation market garden?
    Maybe in the style of A&A D-Day.

Greetings,
    Lars

I haven’t heard anybody attempt it, but I bet it would be a cool game. :-D

• I did not post when I saw the thread, but am not sure it would work, sorry!
    I love the Arnhem operation too.
    I don’t think the Allies ever had a chance and can’t see how you could make such a game fun.

Hi John. Been a while. Hope you have been well.
    Hessian: I wish you all the best and I dearly hope you get your game.

@wittmann:

I did not post when I saw the thread, but am not sure it would work, sorry!
    I love the Arnhem operation too.
    I don’t think the Allies ever had a chance and can’t see how you could make such a game fun.

Hi John. Been a while. Hope you have been well.
    Hessian: I wish you all the best and I dearly hope you get your game.

Doing well wittmann.

How is your family doing?

Nice to hear from you. :-)

John

• We are well. Had a son on the 9th Sept, so we have one of each now. He and my wife are doing fine.

• @wittmann:

We are well. Had a son on the 9th Sept, so we have one of each now. He and my wife are doing fine.

Congratulations!

When will you start to teach him A&A?  :lol:

• My 6 year old daughter announced (to my disbelief) that she would never play Axis and Allies.
    I thought I had prepared her very well, until that moment.
    Raffy is my last hope. Will start with tank and aircraft  books, soon as he can sit up by himself.

• @wittmann:

My 6 year old daughter announced (to my disbelief) that she would never play Axis and Allies.
    I thought I had prepared her very well, until that moment.
    Raffy is my last hope. Will start with tank and aircraft  books, soon as he can sit up by himself.

Don’t give up hope on Maddy just yet.  Six-year-olds have sometimes been known to change their minds about things, notwitstanding any categorical statements they may have made to the contrary.  One time when I was visiting some friends who have several children, their four-year old daughter marched into the house after having had a fight with one of her little friends and declared, “I’m not going to speak to her again for the rest of my life!”  Her mother casually commented, “Or until tomorrow, whichever comes first.”

Besides, Maddy may in fact just be cleverly lulling you into complaisance with disinformation, while secretly harbouring plans to comprehensively defeat you at Global 1940 in a couple of years.  In other words, a variation of the old “I have no more territorial ambitions in Europe” routine that worked so well at Munich in 1938.

• Hi Marc and thank you for your vote of confidence. I will always hope. If Raffy starts playing, she will, I am sure. She loves games.

@wittmann:

We are well. Had a son on the 9th Sept, so we have one of each now. He and my wife are doing fine.

Congratulations wittmann on the birth of your son.

I work with kids every week, and believe me, Marc is right, at that age, they sometimes will come back around.

Hopefully, your son will take the mantle as well. :-)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m