• Hi Guys
    Long time Lurker first time poster :)

I’ve played the global game a few times, with 3 players. Tommorow i’m going to play my first 4 player game.
    I was wondering, how do you usually play or suggest splitting the countries, among 4 players?

I know the rules suggest 1 player for axis and 3 players for allies, but i think it would be more enjoyble if it is two players on each side.
    Is it a terrible idea?

Iv’e tried looking trough the posts, but have not stumbled upon at discussion about it. Maybe i’m blind  :-)

Best Regards

• '14 Customizer

Our group is usually 4 players.

1. Germany, Italy
    2. Japan
    3. UK, France, Russia, China
    4. USA, ANZAC

• Hi Napalmkogie,

welcome to the board.
    @cyanight:

Our group is usually 4 players.

1. Germany, Italy
    2. Japan
    3. UK, France, Russia, China
    4. USA, ANZAC

This is the split of nations I would also suggest, as long as you host a game for evenly experienced players. For an inexperienced novice who plays for example UK I would exchange Russia with ANZAC.

• I don’t know why they suggest 1 vs 3, much better 2 vs 2. Having a partner to discuss strats, or maybe catch a mistake helps especially with newer players.

As others have shown w/axis one player Germany & Italy, the other Japan. As for allies I would have one player UK and the other US and the rest as you see fit (keep in mind that Russia although is a major power can be a bit boring playing mostly defense).

Another way is to split the allies Atlantic/Pacific. Splitting the US between two players can be very interesting lol.

• Customizer

Personally, I would split it like this:
    1 - Germany, Italy
    2 - Japan
    3 - UK, UK India, France, ANZAC
    4 - USA, USSR, China

I’ve just always felt that ANZAC and UK should be put together.

• @knp7765:

Personally, I would split it like this:
    1 - Germany, Italy
    2 - Japan
    3 - UK, UK India, France, ANZAC
    4 - USA, USSR, China

I’ve just always felt that ANZAC and UK should be put together.

Agree with this.  ANZAC should be with UK

• @WILD:

Splitting the US between two players can be very interesting lol.

We’ve tried this in one of our last games. The more inexperienced US-“Europe”-player included the position of US-President and controlled and divided our income, while I as the US-“CiC-Pacific”-player could only make suggestions and proposals. It was very interesting and fun for both US-players.  :-D

• '15

I think four player is the best.  As the Allies it’s easier to be on the same page and everyone has a more to do.

The setup I prefer:

Germany & Italy
    Japan

Russia, UK, France
    USA, China, Anzac

The USA player should control Anzac since they’ll be working closely with them.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m