• Sponsor

I recently purchased both Europe and Pacific 1940 2nd Edition with the purpose of playing global, however, I noticed that my Europe boards were almost a half inch taller than my Pacific boards. Has anyone else experienced this, I’m thinking of writing wizards of the coast to complain because I paid a lot of money and I don’t want to live with a flaw that is annoying me. Problem is, I don’t know if my Pacific boards are short, or if my Europe boards are tall… can anyone tell me how tall their boards are?

Thanks

• Hi YG,

your boards should be 35 x 32 inches tall.

Greetings, Lars

• Def take pics and email wotc.  That’s what I did for my warped pacific boards and they sent me another board.  Came in a nice new box too.

• Sponsor

Thanks Guys.

• Yes YG, they measure 35"x 32". I have 2 sets of 2nd edition. Both in great shape.

• Sponsor

@SS:

Yes YG, they measure 35"x 32". I have 2 sets of 2nd edition. Both in great shape.

Really odd about the size difference between my Europe and Pacific boards, I wonder how many out there are like that.

• Customizer

Yeah, I noticed mine are a little off too. I think the Pacific boards are a little shorter. It is a little annoying but I didn’t really give it another thought. I just dealt with it. I didn’t think about asking for a new board.

• Sponsor

@knp7765:

Yeah, I noticed mine are a little off too. I think the Pacific boards are a little shorter. It is a little annoying but I didn’t really give it another thought. I just dealt with it. I didn’t think about asking for a new board.

OK, Good to know it’s not just my copy… I have no choice but to ask for new ones, I need to use these boards on my YouTube channel, not to mention that I have OCD… so it’s annoying as hell. Just don’t understand the incompetence from the wizards of the coast team on some of these errors… ITS A SECOND EDITION!!! you would think that they would have learned from these production gaffs.

• '15

My boards are jammed in behind some blankets in the bedroom closet at the moment, but from memory one of my halves is noticeably shorter than the other. It’s not enough to misalign the map boundaries too badly, but it’s enough to bother me. Nobody else I’ve played with has said anything about it, so maybe I’m just crazy.

It’s definitely less of a difference than a half inch.

• '17 '16

This pict my interest and had to get my tape measure.  My Europe boards measure 31 13/16" along with the east board of Pacific. The west board of Pacific is a even 32".  Pretty close, we have tolerances in the industry.

• Sponsor

@General:

This pict my interest and had to get my tape measure.  My Europe boards measure 31 13/16" along with the east board of Pacific. The west board of Pacific is a even 32".  Pretty close, we have tolerances in the industry.                                            Â

Thats crazy, so your Pacific set had 2 different sizes of boards within the same box?

• It seems the Pacific side has the issues.  The air/naval bases cardboard prints are off center and the board doesn’t quite line up perfect and my board was bowed up.  Even the new one they sent me is a bit bowed on Japan.  That sucks cuz it’s on both boards, so if it isn’t even, setting pieces on it is annoying.

YG, i saw the crooked base prints in your video and thought “those have to be from the pacific side”.  exactly like mine.  I don’t know why they just didn’t print the symbols on the map like you did on your custom map.  I’ve been looking for mini plane/anchor stickers for mine.

• Sponsor

@drummerinheat:

It seems the Pacific side has the issues.  The air/naval bases cardboard prints are off center and the board doesn’t quite line up perfect and my board was bowed up.  Even the new one they sent me is a bit bowed on Japan.  That sucks cuz it’s on both boards, so if it isn’t even, setting pieces on it is annoying.

YG, i saw the crooked base prints in your video and thought “those have to be from the pacific side”.  exactly like mine.  I don’t know why they just didn’t print the symbols on the map like you did on your custom map.  I’ve been looking for mini plane/anchor stickers for mine.

Yep, pretty disapointed with the production quality, I could honestly care less if ANZAC has new sculpts, I would even play with all nations having the same sculpts if it meant having a better map board.

• Sponsor

Contacted WOTC and they are sending me new pacific boards, however… there is no way of checking the measurement before shipping as they said they can only send what they have… so it’s quite possible that the boards I get will have the same problem. I’ll wait to see and let you guys know what happens.

• Sponsor

Got my new Pacific boards today from WOTC, I don’t have my Europe boards with me to line them up and see, but they measure 32" tall which is a good sign. I encourage anyone with misaligned boards to contact WOTC customer service and get them replaced… 1-800-324-6496. These games are too expensive to settle for production flaws, as for why they are carrying the same product in different sizes… who knows, but on a positive note, they shipped me new ones no questions asked.

• '15

It’s good to hear that they did that for you. Props to them and their service department.

I can live with my boards’ (very) slight misalignment, though I might have done the same thing in your situation.

• Does the blue color for the oceans match?  My Pacific side is a liter or more faded blue than the Europe side.  Even the replacement was off colored.

• Sponsor

@drummerinheat:

Does the blue color for the oceans match?  My Pacific side is a liter or more faded blue than the Europe side.  Even the replacement was off colored.

I’ll let you know tonight when I look at them together.

• '15

@drummerinheat:

Does the blue color for the oceans match?  My Pacific side is a liter or more faded blue than the Europe side.  Even the replacement was off colored.

I have the same, and I never even noticed it until someone else mentioned it to me. Now I can’t un-see it :p

Still, the difference is quite minor–enough to not even notice for five months and a half dozen games.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m