• If Japan isn’t going to help you, what about building 1 bmb, 1 sub and the rest inf every turn for the whole game? Use bombers and subs to slow down allied navy and inf to hold off and maybe take some of Russia.

• @madscientist:

If Japan isn’t going to help you, what about building 1 bmb, 1 sub and the rest inf every turn for the whole game? Use bombers and subs to slow down allied navy and inf to hold off and maybe take some of Russia.

Inf are way too slow to fight Russia. You’re better off building mech.

• '15

Yes, subs and bombers are what you need to hold off America/UK as Germany. I would strongly suggest you get Southern France as Germany to be able to build some subs in the med as well.

Italy can either try to build some subs to help out with a can-opening on a Gibraltar SZ hit, or just build all the land units to defend France/Balkans from an allied landing there.

If UK/America build enough navy and support to live through an attack, well okay, that means they’re not landing very many ground troops as early as they could. You hold off Russia with the units you begin the game with plus whatever income you can spare to send east.

Again, you’re absolutely never going to win the game doing this, but you’re not expected to under this kind of pressure. That’s Japan’s job. You will be able to survive for quite a long time, however.

• '15

Japan has to almost have a perfect game to take India round 4 by not losing any land units on the islands and taking out ANZAC’s DD + TT round 1.  There are no guarantees in a dice game.

Exactly.  On top of that, even if Japan does take India round 4, how does it look on the rest of the board?  Japan can’t take India round 4 AND dominate the waters AND completely wipe out China AND take care of the Siberian troops (most games I’m using those units to attack Manchuria or Korea) AND completely control the money islands.

If Japan goes all out to get India by round 4 the Allies can cause them a lot of headaches elsewhere.

• Sponsor

@Nippon-koku:

Japan has to almost have a perfect game to take India round 4 by not losing any land units on the islands and taking out ANZAC’s DD + TT round 1.  There are no guarantees in a dice game.

Exactly.  On top of that, even if Japan does take India round 4, how does it look on the rest of the board?  Japan can’t take India round 4 AND dominate the waters AND completely wipe out China AND take care of the Siberian troops (most games I’m using those units to attack Manchuria or Korea) AND completely control the money islands.Â

If Japan goes all out to get India by round 4 the Allies can cause them a lot of headaches elsewhere.Â

I think new players favor the Calcutta crush, while experienced players understand other priorities.

• '15

@Young:

@Nippon-koku:

Japan has to almost have a perfect game to take India round 4 by not losing any land units on the islands and taking out ANZAC’s DD + TT round 1.�  There are no guarantees in a dice game.

Exactly.�  On top of that, even if Japan does take India round 4, how does it look on the rest of the board?�  Japan can’t take India round 4 AND dominate the waters AND completely wipe out China AND take care of the Siberian troops (most games I’m using those units to attack Manchuria or Korea) AND completely control the money islands.�

If Japan goes all out to get India by round 4 the Allies can cause them a lot of headaches elsewhere.�

I think new players favor the Calcutta crush, while experienced players understand other priorities.

And I’ll fully admit that Calcutta crush can appear unstoppable to new players who find themselves on the receiving end

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m