• I have had a problem when the computer plays the USA.  The computer continually tries to purchase subs but they never actually get placed in the game.

I have had the USA buy 7 subs on one turn and none of them ever got placed in the game.

It is like the computer forgets that it purchased them.

Anyone else get this??

• You playing hasblo game circa 1998? That game has been broken and never fixed… youll have to play triple A and forget about the stupid AI.

• Yes…it is an old version.

I guess I need to shop around for an updated version.

Thanks

• @Minus:

I have had a problem when the computer plays the USA.  The computer continually tries to purchase subs but they never actually get placed in the game.

I have had the USA buy 7 subs on one turn and none of them ever got placed in the game.

It is like the computer forgets that it purchased them.

Anyone else get this??

7 subs in 1 turn?  What did the US do to get an income of 56 (or close to that assuming a small carry over from previous turn; the AI LOVES to spend all possible money each round)?

I have never had a glitch with US placement of navy.  I HAVE had UK navy fail to place by the AI on rare occasion when Germany won a naval battle in UK (I think sometimes the AI thinks the surviving German fighters are “occupying” the space; not always, but sometimes).

I have also had a few other glitches (like the disapearing Libya INF if the German transport is sunk by the Egypt sub when AI is running Germany)

Was this a one time occurance?  Or repetitive?  What was the nearby strategic situation?  Had Japan just completed an incursion into the sea zone where the subs were to be placed?

(to original post)

There were a few patches for that game.  I can’t remember what the latest patch was, but one of them may have fixed the “bug” of not placing units.

Edit:

No.  Totally different game.  It hardly resembles A&A.

That is a RTS game similar to Comand and Conquer.  I bought it and was greatly disappointed with it.

• @Minus:

Is this what I want?

http://www.atari.com/us/games/axis_allies/pc

According to what others have posted here, NO you do not want the Atari version!  It is the same in name only and bears little resemblence in play to A&A.

The version most folks here use can be found (for free) at
    http://triplea.sourceforge.net

I have recently downloaded it, but not fired it up for the first time yet.

You should know in advance though that this version has NO AI.  You either play against yourself or against an online opponent.

The Hasbro version that you have is good for honing basic skills if you don;t have available players; and can be sueful for working out experimental strategies.

Here’s a link for the Patches to the original Hasbro A&A game (1998 ish).

About half way down patch 1.33 is the latest.

http://www.aamc.net/txt_dloads.shtml

• Yes great but that patch does not “fix” the AI bugs… It only fixes glitches from XP on multy player and it still has major problems. The AI in the original was never fixed. The only thing to do for any thing competive is to set the prices on the computer way down to like 2 IP for all land and 4IP for air forces, but then it will bug out because it will make too many units… so the key is to defeat the computer before the big bug hits. Thats the new victory conditions for this game against the AI.

Very true.  There is no fix for the AI.

However, I think one or more of the patches did fix some glitches like the “phantom purchases” discribed in the initial post.

• @Minus:

Yes…it is an old version.

I guess I need to shop around for an updated version.

Thanks

There’s a patch which addresses the AI tendency to buy subs. You’ll have to hunt for it but it’s out there.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m