TripleA 1.8.0.7 Stable Has Been Released

• TripleA

Hmmm. Not sure. I doubt it has anything to do with previous versions. It could be a file permissions issue as it seems like that directory exists but it won’t read it.

Do you still have 1.8.0.5 installed? If not then I’d redownload that and see if it works. That way we can determine if its an issue with the new version or an issue with your setup.

• '22 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16 '15 '14 '12

@redrum:

Hmmm. Not sure. I doubt it has anything to do with previous versions. It could be a file permissions issue as it seems like that directory exists but it won’t read it.

Do you still have 1.8.0.5 installed? If not then I’d redownload that and see if it works. That way we can determine if its an issue with the new version or an issue with your setup.

Yeah, 1805 works fine…. hmm… I am at a loss.  Anyone else have this problem?  If not, then it’s got to be something with my computer.

Just FYI, on my mac, I download the DGM file on my desktop and run it.  It creates a disk image on my desktop and I enter that image to toggle the program.  Anything there that might be contributing to the problem?

• TripleA

@Karl7 - What Mac OS version are you running?

OSX Yosemite the latest, just updated two days ago to latest

• Hi

Can I just check whether version 1.8.0.7 is good to go for non-MAC users?

No-one having any problems?

Cheers
    PP

• '17 '16 '15

Hi Panic

You should be good to go

• Thanks very much barney. Much appreciated.

Having rejected the upgrade when first opening triple a it does not offer it to me now. Presumably I will need to restart the PC. Will try it later.

• I’m also a Mac user, and having a similar problem with v. 1.8.0.7. (Had no problems with 1.8.0.5).

It download and installs just fine. Single player also works fine. The problem is with TripleA online. I login, and get to the lobby fine. But whenever I try to join a game (regardless of map), I get an error message, and the game doesn’t allow me to enter.

The error message is as follows:

triplea.engine.version.bin:1.8.0.7
    Setting memory for new triplea process to: 884m
    java.lang.IllegalStateException: Icon file not found
    at games.strategy.engine.framework.ProcessRunnerUtil.populateBasicJavaArgs(ProcessRunnerUtil.java:60)
    at games.strategy.engine.framework.ProcessRunnerUtil.populateBasicJavaArgs(ProcessRunnerUtil.java:30)
    at games.strategy.engine.framework.TripleAProcessRunner.joinGame(TripleAProcessRunner.java:131)
    at games.strategy.engine.framework.TripleAProcessRunner.joinGame(TripleAProcessRunner.java:124)
    at games.strategy.engine.lobby.client.ui.LobbyGamePanel.joinGame(LobbyGamePanel.java:414)
    at games.strategy.engine.lobby.client.ui.LobbyGamePanel.access$000(LobbyGamePanel.java:46)
    at games.strategy.engine.lobby.client.ui.LobbyGamePanel$6.mouseClicked(LobbyGamePanel.java:165)
    at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseClicked(AWTEventMulticaster.java:253)
    at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Component.java:6417)
    at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(JComponent.java:3275)
    at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Component.java:6179)
    at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Container.java:2084)
    at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Component.java:4776)
    at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2142)
    at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:4604)
    at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Container.java:4618)
    at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Container.java:4288)
    at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Container.java:4209)
    at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2128)
    at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Window.java:2492)
    at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(EventQueue.java:717)
    at java.awt.EventQueue.access$400(EventQueue.java:82)
    at java.awt.EventQueue$2.run(EventQueue.java:676)
    at java.awt.EventQueue$2.run(EventQueue.java:674)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at java.security.AccessControlContext$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(AccessControlContext.java:86)
    at java.security.AccessControlContext$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(AccessControlContext.java:97)
    at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:690)
    at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:688)
    at java.security.AccessControlContext$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(AccessControlContext.java:86)
    at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:687)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:296)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:211)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:201)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:196)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:188)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:122)

Any ideas?

Are there any Mac users out there who have TripleA Online working with the latest version?

@regularkid:

I’m also a Mac user, and having a similar problem with v. 1.8.0.7. (Had no problems with 1.8.0.5).

It download and installs just fine. Single player also works fine. The problem is with TripleA online. I login, and get to the lobby fine. But whenever I try to join a game (regardless of map), I get an error message, and the game doesn’t allow me to enter.

The error message is as follows:

Setting memory for new triplea process to: 884m
    at games.strategy.engine.framework.ProcessRunnerUtil.populateBasicJavaArgs(ProcessRunnerUtil.java:60)
    at games.strategy.engine.framework.ProcessRunnerUtil.populateBasicJavaArgs(ProcessRunnerUtil.java:30)
    at games.strategy.engine.framework.TripleAProcessRunner.joinGame(TripleAProcessRunner.java:131)
    at games.strategy.engine.framework.TripleAProcessRunner.joinGame(TripleAProcessRunner.java:124)
    at games.strategy.engine.lobby.client.ui.LobbyGamePanel.joinGame(LobbyGamePanel.java:414)
    at games.strategy.engine.lobby.client.ui.LobbyGamePanel.access$000(LobbyGamePanel.java:46)
    at games.strategy.engine.lobby.client.ui.LobbyGamePanel$6.mouseClicked(LobbyGamePanel.java:165)
    at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseClicked(AWTEventMulticaster.java:253)
    at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Component.java:6417)
    at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Container.java:4288)
    at java.security.AccessControlContext$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(AccessControlContext.java:97)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:296)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:211)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:201)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:122)

Any ideas?

Are there any Mac users out there who have TripleA Online working with the latest version?

Looks like we are in the same boat.  I cannot use 1807 on a mac and get more or less the same error.

• I am trying to install triplea 1807 on Mac and the map download is stopped. I cannot cancel or otherwise do anything. Suggestions?

• Latest OS, 1.8.0.5 worked with no problems

exact same error for me:
    Setting memory for new triplea process to: 887m

Looks like the MAC 1807 has an issue reading its folders or something.  Glad I am not the only one!

Any ideas why?  Maybe there is an issue when the file is installed and for some reason some folders are lost?

• Customizer

The move to git has caused some issues to creep up for some of our releases.
    We will be re-building them and re-releasing 1807 shortly.
    thanks for your patience!

• VEQRYN
  • Customizer

• 2024 '22 '21 '19 '15 '14

For windows users, should we wait to download?

• I tried it. Received the same error.

• @Black_Elk:

For windows users, should we wait to download?

When I asked the same question earlier in the thread, Elk, barney replied to say I “should be good to go”.

However, having rejected the upgrade option before checking on these boards, I am not being prompted again despite restarting the PC.

Do I need to uninstall and download from scratch?

• having same problem as Karl with 1807 on my macbook Yosemite.

Ok, downloaded that file you sent me, and still got the same error when I pushed Start PBEM game:

java.lang.IllegalStateException: No dice server folder:/Volumes/TripleA/Triplea.app/Contents/Resources/Java/dice_servers
    at games.strategy.engine.random.PropertiesDiceRoller.loadFromFile(PropertiesDiceRoller.java:41)
    at games.strategy.engine.framework.startup.ui.PBEMSetupPanel.loadDiceServer(PBEMSetupPanel.java:162)
    at games.strategy.engine.framework.startup.ui.PBEMSetupPanel.loadAll(PBEMSetupPanel.java:149)
    at games.strategy.engine.framework.startup.ui.PBEMSetupPanel.<init>(PBEMSetupPanel.java:91)
    at games.strategy.engine.framework.startup.mc.SetupPanelModel.showPBEM(SetupPanelModel.java:41)
    at games.strategy.engine.framework.startup.ui.MetaSetupPanel$2.actionPerformed(MetaSetupPanel.java:141)
    at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:2028)
    at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:2351)
    at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(DefaultButtonModel.java:387)
    at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(DefaultButtonModel.java:242)
    at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased(BasicButtonListener.java:236)
    at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseReleased(AWTEventMulticaster.java:273)
    at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Component.java:6414)
    at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Container.java:4279)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:122)</init>

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m