• Amazing.
    It looked like an unbelievably boring game (well - better than most Super Bowls, i guess).  Both teams looked well matched, but they had strong defences with good QB’s and so-so records.
    The first half of the game - yawn-ish with a few moments.
    The second half - UNREAL!!  The most exciting half of football i’ve seen in any game - nevermind the Grey Cup.

http://www.cbc.ca/story/sports/national/2005/11/27/Sports/greycup_report051127.html

• Man your best player in that “canadian” experiment could not even be a water boy for a NFL team. Warren Moon is the only exception and he didnt pull it even in that glorious shotgun offense with those 4 decent recievers.Thats not even football anyway but of course you wouldnt understand that. Because after all Football is from the land of USans and your supposed to hate hate that and you do.

• An Australian, Irish or Brazilian would disagree that football is from the US, they would even disagree among themselves what football is. Even you will probably know that the football that you play has English roots.

• @Imperious:

Man your best player in that “canadian” experiment could not even be a water boy for a NFL team. Warren Moon is the only exception and he didnt pull it even in that glorious shotgun offense with those 4 decent recievers.Thats not even football anyway but of course you wouldnt understand that. Because after all Football is from the land of USans and your supposed to hate hate that and you do.

You know, often people “think” before they post things here.  They often tend to look up the various “facts” they purport to post. 
    You might consider this.

• An Australian, Irish or Brazilian would disagree that football is from the US, they would even disagree among themselves what football is. Even you will probably know that the football that you play has English roots.

Your correct for a change…but we are talking about “American Style” football and not what you mentioned. The only difference is in Canada the field is a different size consider:

FIELD/EQUIPMENT DIFFERENCES:

Field size is an immediate difference between leagues. In the NFL and NCAA, the field is a total of 120 yards long–100 yards of playing field with two end zones, one at either end of the field, each end zone being 10 yards long. The field is 53 1/3 yards wide. NFL goal posts are 18 1/2 feet wide, with the crossbar at 10 feet, while the NCAA widened their goals to 23’4’'. Also, the NCAA uses two supports for goal posts, while the NFL has only one.

In the CFL, the field is a total of 150 yards by 65 yards, having two 20-yard end zones, for 110 yards of playing field.

More differences:
    One immediate difference between the other leagues and the CFL is that in Canadian football there are only 3 downs, compared with 4 for the others. The object is still the same; 10 yards must be gained within the downs allotted. Interestingly, there have been petitions to the NCAA to increase from four downs to five, though these have all so far been denied, and any future such change is highly unlikely.

Another area of difference is in team sizes. While college and NFL ball teams have 11 players, the CFL has a twelfth player. Instead of a tight end, the CFL employs two “Slot Backs”. In defense, Canadian teams have an additional linebacker or defensive back, depending upon the play. This is in keeping with Canadian football’s larger field size, where more players are needed to cover the extra space. Arena football, on the other hand, has only eight players. This is possible due to the smaller size of the Arena football field.

Basically my original comment is accurate. NFL is made up of better players of the two leagues and this has allways been so. But some Canadian forum members is can be expected to think otherwise. The same thing has happened with NHL… the power shift to American teams is relentless… Montreal and Calgary are shadows of former glory.

• WOW - i’m almost not-whole-y-unimpressed with your ability to look up some “facts”.  Much better than your earlier post which was pretty crappy and stated nothing factual or interesting.
    Still - you have done some excellent missing of “the point” as usual.  Also you ignore what some of these stats mean. 
    With one fewer down and a longer/wider field, the ball needs to be up in the air a little longer in the CFL.  At the same time, the smaller field of the NFL allows for more bigger (and sweeter) hits. 
    Fact: the NFL has an excellent product.
    Fact: the CFL also has an excellent product. 
    I think that one could watched and enjoy either game as they both showcase marvelous plays

Fact: the Superbowl, with a couple of recent exceptions, tends to be a massive yawnfest known much better by its halftime show than because of a great game of football
    Fact: the Grey Cup, with a couple of exceptions tends to be one of the most exciting playoff games out there. 
    Fact: the NFL pilfers MANY excellent CFL players who tend to do quite well in the NFL.  The last couple of years i have seen my beloved Blue Bombers lose some steller players to the NFL.

Anyway, this grey cup - unbelievable.  Went into 2 overtime series with both QB’s shooting the lights out despite some excellent defenses.

• OMG you missed the real point… which is that the NFL players are better than the CFL players. Much better for a very long time. Why dont you address this? … because you know its true…because you have seen how CFL players do in our league and you have seen how our lesser known players have faired in Canada. The Grey cup is like watching a Arena football game both in the shadow of the NFL. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

• You missed his point that this Grey cup was good. Now you complain that he does not follow your hijacking attempt?

• Oh was that point made Falk? you sure?

• Thanks somebody got it!

• @Soon_U_Die:

CC,

Back to the original post/point.  I only got to see half the game….the first half.  LMAO.  How’s that for bad luck?  Everyone is raving about it so I am hoping to get a tape to watch of the second half.

SUD

lol
    that’s funny in a bad way.  The first half did drag a little bit.  But you absolutely gotta’ see the second half and the overtimes.  Some wonderful drives.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m