• TripleA

Ever since the 50th anniversary board the axis are dominant in every board produced barring a bid. Global is pretty bad, bids are now at 30 in favor of axis, from original to 2nd edition it has been a stacked game. The new editions and everything it is all stacked for the axis.

Maybe the axis should have won ww1 or ww2 and things would be better, is that the message?

• Maybe Larry is simply compensating for the widely accepted – but overly simplistic, as Richard Overy has argued in Why The Allies Won – view that the Axis was doomed to lose as soon as the USSR and the US joined the war, since the manpower of the former and the industrial and scientific resources of the latter were simply too vast to be defeated by Germany and Japan.  Perhaps Larry’s reasoning is that, if this premise is true, then the Axis would always be doomed to lose if A&A was realistic, and therefore that he has to provide an incentive for people to play the Axis by rebalancing the game to give the Axis an even chance to win.  He may, however, have overcompensated rather than just compensated, and thus given the Axis too much of a boost.  Maybe.

• 30 bid for global? I haven’t seen a bid above the low 20’s in any League game…

• i too haven’t seen anything over 24 for allies in league play (maybe there’s an exception out there somewhere that i missed). current league stats for this year are: 53% axis wins vs 47% allies

• 30 for Italy makes Taranto impossible

• @Imperious:

30 for Italy makes Taranto impossible

Well it may be tight but yeah, slight win for Italy to remain on the board. :-D

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m