Summer/Fall Spring 42.2E Tournament Discussion/Results Thread

• Wittmann has lost his Semi to Geograph (Allies+15).
    Great Allied play, by Geograph, suffocated my Axis from the start. Enjoy it, nonetheless.
    Enjoy the final, Jeb and Geograph.

Alright, we are set for the championship

Geograph vs. JEB

1 - Geo starts bidding
    2 - Jeb

DiceRolling 1d2:
    (2)

First post has been updated

Jeb can start the bidding!

Good Luck guys!

Seems I’m late, game already started.  Lol!

Good Luck to both!

• '17 '16 '15

The tournament is finally at its end!

Geograph wins against JEB in a tough final  8-)

• Congratulations both of you, getting to the Final. Hope your game was fun.
    I enjoyed my games.

• '16

Thank you Wittman. It was a fun tournament indeed.

• '17 '16 '15

Thank you witt!
    I truly enjoyed the whole tournament!  :-D

My thanks to Darth for organizing!!!

Geograph is the Winner!

Congrats and well played!

Thanks to everyone who played and making it a successful tournament.  I think it went pretty smoothly for a 16 player tournament and assuming we’d have interest I’d have no problem setting up another tournament in the future.  We can let Geo celebrate his victory a little bit though.  :-D

Perhaps in the spring, maybe a few weeks, I’ll look towards do a sign up or something.

Any comments about the tourney?  Improvements or things we need to do?

Thanks again to everyone who played and watched the games.

• As a new player to this version of the game, I learned a lot just by downloading and reviewing some of the games in the tournament.

My suggestion would be that I think it would be super cool if someone were to dissect the games after they are played, or even ask the players to post a little about their thinking behind their overall strategies, nothing super detailed, and not every game, maybe the final and the two semi final games or something.  I think it would be interesting to know the general strategy each player was going for at the beginning of the game and if that changed at some mid point.  Something like…“I was going to fake a KJF strategy and then swing over to the Atlantic once I could get Japan to start buying some navy to slow them down, but I ended up getting locked into a longer Pacific engagement than I was hoping which allowed the Germans to steamroll Russia too fast” etc…

Just a thought but I could see that as a really cool learning tool for both newer and more experienced players.

Also, I’m in for the next tournament.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m