Summer/Fall Spring 42.2E Tournament Discussion/Results Thread

• '16

@wittmann:

Sorry to spy guys, but I have two slow games on and a 6 year old watching Snow White.
    PP and I played just D6; not D6 +2 (which I have not heard of anyway). No interceptors either.
    Is powerful enough as D6, I think.
    Sorry again. Enjoy the game.

Just a rule question: I saw this comment from wittman in one of the threads. What does it mean? What is D6? Is there a change how much damage the bombing does after a few rounds?

• 2024 '22 '21 '19 '15 '14

Even the battle Calc won’t help you against furious aa guns hehe.
    :-D

Reckless bombing is one way to even the score. In my game it’s looking like a personal best… for MARTI, the Ruskie AA gun rolling hot hot hot! Ha

The d6 he’s referring to just means 1 single sided die per bomber. The initial question was about whether the tournament was the results of a single sided die +2 additional damage, like G40 or LHTR. But for this one it’s just the regular SBR

If someone wants to play a pick up game just let me know. My current match is progressing at an exceedingly leisurely pace, so I’m sure I could manage it. I’m new to the PBF thing, but I used to PBEM Revised so I guess it’s basically the same deal here. I know I’m definitely more of a “twice a day” type player, or an exchange every 12 hours, or as rapidly as possible if we hit a window when we’re both online, as opposed to say every 48 hours or every 72 hours. If that style suits you, just let me know.

As for the calculator it doesn’t bug me, unless it becomes a time sink that slows down the play. I don’t simulate or calculate overmuch, my preference is for speed, since A&A is such a slow game to begin with. The lobby is fun as well, though I appreciate that it’s harder for people to block in time for that, real life being what it is.

It seems the best way to avoid boredom or obsessing is just to play multiple games simultaneously.

• '19 '18 '17 '16 '15

Would be interested…though I might be slow as well - I have 2 other non-tournament games playing :-D.

• '17 '16 '15 '14

Just curious as to how you manage the different PEBM games; is the info about the game stored in it or do you have to write down the post number and e-mail of each opponent?  Or is there a way to setup different configuration folders to save the information?

Thanks,

Kirk S.

It’s basically the same as a play by forum game, depending on how you want to set it up you have the dice rolls sent to everyone’s email or you can just pick one person to be the record keeper for the dice roll confirmation.

We used to just include the relevant info in the game save name, who was playing what round/nation was up currently etc.

There is more functionality built into tripleA now than when I used to play though. Perhaps someone else with more experience can answer your Q.

@craykirk:

Just curious as to how you manage the different PEBM games; is the info about the game stored in it or do you have to write down the post number and e-mail of each opponent?  Or is there a way to setup different configuration folders to save the information?

Thanks,

Kirk S.

If I understand your question correctly then…

When you save the game file from the previous turn posted then load that game in TripleA that game info is loaded in automatically and you can play your turn.  Then when you download and load in the game save file from opponent #2 that info will be loaded into tripleA, then same for opponent 3, 4, etc.

Basically the Save game file that gets posted with each turn carries the info for that game so when you load it you don’t need to reenter any information.

Hope that helps.

• TripleA

Axis 4
    Allies 1

#Balanced

• finally done with ours!

Well it might end up being 2 to 4, as I’m getting fairly well rocked by the Allies :-D Magic Q’s fighter wall has been fierce!
    Though I wouldn’t really use my performance there as any kind of yardstick to measure the overall balance, as my play has been consistently abysmal hehe. If anything it demonstrates what a savage beating the Axis can take and still hold off the 10 VC win by Allies, just from blundering around.

I’d go pretty high on the bid if playing the other side,

• TripleA

allies 2 and axis 5 then :D

• '17 '16 '15 '14

I was hoping for some sort of shortcut which had an option for a different folder which saved the information.  So, I would need to make sure that I change the options on PEBM for each save game or does it come from the save game?

BTW…  as far as the bid goes, adding units to Caucasus to wipe out Ukraine does give Russia an extra turn.  I still like the idea of a bomber as it doesn’t totally unbalance the game…

Just the inane ramblings of someone that has never played a game past round 2…  I lose, you win.  It’s all good to me to just have someone that will play…  ;-)

CK

• '19 '18 '17 '16 '15

will be 3:5 Allies vs. Axis :-D  I see JEB is ahead…

• @innohub:

will be 3:5 Allies vs. Axis :-D  I see JEB is ahead…

Indeed, JEB over P@nther

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=36364.0

• So there’s only 1 game left in the first round?

• TripleA

#whywait

I didn’t realize the sixth game ended.  Yep we can get started with rd 2

(I’ll update the first post as well when I get a chance)

Round 2 games:

Game 9

wittman vs. calvinhobbesliker

Game 10

Geograph vs. DarthMaximus

Game 11

JEB vs. Black_Elk/MagicQ winner

Game 12

rmorel vs. Cow

This player starts the bidding:

1 = first player listed
    2 = second player listed

DiceRolling 1d2:
    (2)

Calvin, DM, (B_E - Q winner), and Cow can start the bidding whenever they are ready.

Please start game threads with

S02 - etc…

For round 2.

Good Luck!

I’m fairly sure I could push out the Technical win for several rounds yet, but I will concede when Magic Q takes Berlin just to expedite things.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m