• I m new here but not to the game and I m wondering if a second turn invasion of britain by germany will work

First turn you buy an aircraft carrier, a fighter, and 4 infantry, save 2. Placing navy in baltic. I think if you purchase a trans the British player will see an attack coming, so I wouldn’t buy it.
    Send sub in SZ 8 against canadain transport. Med BB and trans along with two fighters to attack British BB in West Med
    Do any other russian offensives but land most fighters in WE or Norway. Do not reinforce Africa. If you take Britain you will have plenty of extra money to deal with Afrcia. Do amphibious landings in SZ 7 and SZ 8. This prevents americans from liberating it, they will now have to engage your navy.
    Use 2 infantry and 2 tanks from WE in the assult. Assuming the AA gun maybe shoots down one of the fighters you still should win.
    This will give the Brits one turn to live and possibly defend London.

• a carrier dosent that cost 18? and a fighter 12?.. thats 30… how do you get for 4 infantry, probably with bids but i dunno

• If the British player doesn’t see it, of course it can work. But probably not.
    edit: remember that the British player can spend all his money on naval units, and America an land 2 inf. 1 art. 1 arm. first turn. Then you will have to take out the British navy as well as having enough planes left to take London with only 2 ground units.

1 CV = 16 IPC
    1 fgt. = 10 IPC
    4 inf. = 12 IPC

40 - 38 = 2 IPC

No bids needed.

• First of all this is Revised and the are 5 sea zones around Britain. Germany starts with 40 IPC and carriers cost 16 and fighter 10
    My reasoning is that the brits will not spread out their north atlantic navy espically if Geramany Builds a navy. And about the americans, thats the gamble

• I understand there are 5 sea zones. One of which needs protection, lest the carrier be unprotected, in which case the german invasion will be unsuccessful with at least the transport being sunk.

• @Afrika:

1 fgt. = 10 IPC

Lol, okay lets stick with ftr. for fighter, fgt is special for sexual preference, but I dont contest that one would be 10ipcs.

• If you wanted a second turn invasion of Britain, your buy is not the way to go I would think. You want to get transports because you don’t have enough land troops otherwise to take casualties as well as invade. Even if you win the battle with just your airforce left you can’t capture it. The best you can do is 5 transports and send the mediterranean fleet west. This allows a second turn invasion with 7 infantry, 7 tanks, 6 fighters, 1 bomber, and 1 bombardment as long as you didn’t lose any of these to bad rolls or a first Russian offensive. It requires maximum effort on the Allies part to block this threat (UK build 6 inf 2 tank, US send stuff in the 2 trans + 1 fighter + 1 bomber, Russia send 2 fighters over).

• By buying a carrier, fighter, and 4 Inf the idea is that britain wont see it coming. They might just think you are beefing up your baltic navy so they cant attack it first turn with their air force. Unless you have a very consevative british player it should work.
    If you buy 5 transports they still might attack you first turn.

• I would buy 1 transport and a bomber and the rest men. Move a couple planes to norway and transport two men to Norway (make sure you let your oppenent get the idea that you are trying to reinforce norway from an U.K. invasion.) Now you can attack with 3 tanks and 3 men  5 planes and two bombers.

This actually worked one time against a friend of mine who regularly beats me at A&A.

• If I were the UK player, on turn 1 I would take the ftr’s & bmr from Britain, the ftr from egypt and the dd from the Egypt sz and attack the german bb and trn even if I didn’t see an invasion comming for turn 2. You are right, Germany buying trns is a red flag for invasion so I would purchase a ftr and inf to defend. Also would reinforce with US. In the unlikely event the German med feet somehow survived putting a US trn in sz12 would prevent it from invading the UK.

Also by not taking Egypt, you are allowing the UK Indian fleet through the canal opening up a great many opportunities for UK.

• 2007 AAR League

Its a do or die situation.

• If you are serious about pounding London go for either Land Bridge or Sea Lion.  Land Bridge involves buying 2 or 3 transports round one and then 5 more transports round two, then popping London round three.  It’s a bit on the mean side.

Those are described in detail on the Caspian Sub website as Policy Paper #12.  It’s in the files section.

http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/Caspian_Sub/

• It works alot.  You need to be very aggressive with it, and it can work either way.  Uk to Gremany.  Like the man said, its do or die :evil:

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m