Something for my pal CC (either #1 or #2)

• @Imperious:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man

Yanny - does this stand?

• OMG!  No offense to you CC but I laughed my ass off when I looked at this!

I was waiting for some link about dems vs repubs, conservative vs liberal, up vs down.  I know you don’t like it CC, but that is funny as hell!

Thanks IL, you have done what I have been dying to do.

• i’m not offended
    i am happy that the lines are drawn and another rule of debating has been clarified for you guys tho’.  Good of IL to have the guts to go ahead and do this.

• Yes you have taught us well master… :roll:

• @Imperious:

Yes you have taught us well master… :roll:

i recognise this.
    i used it when i spoke so glowingly of Wagner . . . .

• Not sure I should even post on this. Having been away I can’t measure the amount of ill will between the two of you. Regardless, a post intended to do nothing but demean an opponent. One with no backing at all. Truly, this reflect poorly on the poster. It certainly does nothing to hurt CC’s reputation. Your should apologize. Not for CC, but for yourself.

• @TemporaryLizard:

Not sure I should even post on this. Having been away I can’t measure the amount of ill will between the two of you. Regardless, a post intended to do nothing but demean an opponent. One with no backing at all. Truly, this reflect poorly on the poster. It certainly does nothing to hurt CC’s reputation. Your should apologize. Not for CC, but for yourself.

You don’t know the reason for it.  CC wanted make fun of IL, because IL said he had a “straw argument”.  Talking down to IL, CC said “don’t you mean strawman argument, I don’t know what a straw argument is”.  After this petty exchange CC typo’d or whatever and said he was the “Strawman”.

IL called him out on it, and CC had the nerve to get upset.  “you know what I meant”.  CC lost any merit with “you know what I meant” when he made a big deal about a “straw argument”.  As I said, IL did what I have been dying to do whenever CC pulls this crap.  I just don’t lower myself to his level by pointing out meaningless typos.  But I am glad as hell that Leader did.

• Hold the horses….back up… I never intended to insult anybody with the “strawman” post. It is important to know what words mean especially when these “terms” come up such as “USan” or “Strawman” or “Straw Argument”. So just like anybody else i looked it up and found that site. So what is the big deal>? Perhaps we will all learn from it and perhaps we wont. And i have yet to receive a definition of USan from Falk. BTW CC did i insult you with this strawman thing? Please explain that possibility because its inconceivable to me.

• @Imperious:

Hold the horses….back up… I never intended to insult anybody with the “strawman” post. It is important to know what words mean especially when these “terms” come up such as “USan” or “Strawman” or “Straw Argument”. So just like anybody else i looked it up and found that site. So what is the big deal>? Perhaps we will all learn from it and perhaps we wont. And i have yet to receive a definition of USan from Falk. BTW CC did i insult you with this strawman thing? Please explain that possibility because its inconceivable to me.

i wasn’t so much insulted as puzzled by it.  I tried not to draw the obvious implications, naturally, but it did seem weird to draw my attention to something i already knew the definition of.
    Also we have a habit of not specifically initiating fora directed at a particular forum member.  It is considered discourteous/impolite in general.

• http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Use_of_the_word_American#External_links

I added something to USan just for Falk. I hope they dont yank it before Falk sees it. :evil: :? :wink:

• Oh great,
    not only did you create a thread which had no other use than belittleing another forum member.
    No, you haven’t read the link you posted. Otherwise you would have noticed that you right now created another strawman to beat up.

Also, you vandalised on the Wikipedia. And vandalising is like saying “i hate free flow of information”, which is very similar to “i hate free speech”.

You also ignored that the USan/Usan was already mentioned there. I have to assume that your brain is smaller than your balls that you had to add such a pathetic comment and disgrace and dishonour such a fine idea like the Wikipedia. But then, i am not surprised:
    I would never ask the forum here to honour a member of the organisation that was responsible for running the Concentration Camps in Nazi-Germany.

Los Angeles?

• LMFAO!  That site is made up of information and anybody can post in it. I just added a little flavor in case you decide to label anybody else a USan and they might have wanted to look it up since you provided no meaning to it i have done it for you. It helps to know what word means…

Ill ignore that concentration camp comment because im sure you dont know what that means either.

Vandalisim my arse!

• @F_alk:

Oh great,
    not only did you create a thread which had no other use than belittleing another forum member.
    No, you haven’t read the link you posted. Otherwise you would have noticed that you right now created another strawman to beat up.

Also, you vandalised on the Wikipedia. And vandalising is like saying “i hate free flow of information”, which is very similar to “i hate free speech”.

You also ignored that the USan/Usan was already mentioned there. I have to assume that your brain is smaller than your balls that you had to add such a pathetic comment and disgrace and dishonour such a fine idea like the Wikipedia. But then, i am not surprised:
    I would never ask the forum here to honour a member of the organisation that was responsible for running the Concentration Camps in Nazi-Germany.

Los Angeles?

It blows my mind how you can get so upset about IL creating the thread, than say “his brains are smaller than his balls”.

Do you really think you sway anyone to your way of thinking when you post like that?  It makes you look childish to say the very least.

IL, if I may I would like to take on Falk’s claim in a manner that I think he may understand.

I’m rubber, you’re glue.  Anything you say bounces off of me and sticks to you - doo doo head.

• @Imperious:

LMFAO!  That site is made up of information and anybody can post in it.

Yes, anybody can post. But noone is allowed to post useless stuff.

See:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Vandalism
    “Silly vandalism
        Users will sometimes … add silly jokes to existing articles”

I just added a little flavor in case you decide to label anybody else a USan and they might have wanted to look it up since you provided no meaning to it i have done it for you. It helps to know what word means…

You didn’t read the article and you didn’t read my post., and with the remark “i have done it for you” you also blatantly lied.

From the wikipedia:
    “Attempts to create such a name have failed to gain widespread use. Proposals have included:
    Usan, USAn…”

You are so ignorant it hurts.

Vandalisim my arse!

I had hoped for something like that.

• Where’s Rodney King and his titular line when you need them?

• @Imperious:

And i have yet to receive a definition of USan from Falk.

Then ask for one first.
    You do not “have to yet receive” anything if you just dream of getting some. The minimum you have to do is to do this tiny bit of work and ask for it.

• “Attempts to create such a name have failed to gain widespread use. Proposals have included:
    …Usan, USAn…”

That is not a defination. it only says your use of this term is a failure… which it is. It has no meaning until now that i have created it for you on your behalf. Now everybody who you call a USan can understand what that means in a context of your prejudice against our culture.

BTW i did ask fo this about a month ago and about 3 times at least… where were you?

• @Imperious:

“Attempts to create such a name have failed to gain widespread use. Proposals have included:
    …Usan, USAn…”

That is not a defination.

That is not the point. You vandalised the Wiki by adding “information” that was alread given in a way that is nothing but a provocation. You now wonder and blame me that i feel provoked? If so, then you must be among the dumbest persons that ever wrote on this board.

PS: what is the whole page about? Then relate it with “such a name”. Then do think. Then state again that there is “no definition”.

Now everybody who you call a USan can understand what that means in a context of your prejudice against our culture.

That is plain wrong. Stop laying words in my mouth.

BTW i did ask fo this about a month ago and about 3 times at least… where were you?

Link it, or shut up. Gosh, isn’t that an obvious thing to do?

• Lame… Least I know what to expect.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m