Global 1939 Technology Questions

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

Hi guys, for those of you who have been playing Global 1939, how does the technology work in this game?

I see two technology charts. There are values from 8, all the way up to a value of 60.

How do get to 60, without knowing how many dice to role, beyond the first turn?

If you bought a dice roll on the first turn, and you bought the next another dice roll, the highest tech roll you can get is 24, right?

If so, the next turn I could buy another tech roll to get me to 36, right?

I’m assuming you keep buying dice rolls to get to 60, so by turn 5, this would be the only way you could try for a tech of 60, because it will take a lucky roll of all 5 12 sided dice, landing on all 5 12’s to get the tech.

Is this correct?

I’m very confused.

Can someone help me, please?

Thanks,

John

• I believe you roll a die and thats your total. Keep adding die roll until you get the number you need for the tech. But you can roll for more than 1 tech. Like 1 roll towards Radar and 1 roll for Heavy tanks. So if you bought 10 rolls would equal 30 icp’s and goes towards 10 techs. 1 roll per tech per turn.

@SS:

I believe you roll a die and thats your total. Keep adding die roll until you get the number you need for the tech. But you can roll for more than 1 tech. Like 1 roll towards Radar and 1 roll for Heavy tanks. So if you bought 10 rolls would equal 30 icp’s and goes towards 10 techs. 1 roll per tech per turn.

How could you roll for a tech that costs 60, if you can only roll one die of 12 per turn?

Do you add each roll from the first turn, till you get to 60?

Is this how it is done?

It would make sense, if this is the case.

I guess that is where my confusion is.

Sorry, just trying to figure it out. :-)

• Yes

@SS:

Yes

OK cool, that makes much more sense.

Thanks SS! :-D

John

• Just to add to the question and answers, I believe that until you are at war, you can only buy one die per turn.  Once you are at war, you can buy up to three dies to develop up to three technologies.  It can take a while to get to heavy bombers.  Shoot…it can take a while to get into the war if your are the US and can’t get a good dice role.  It took 7 rounds once for me to get into the war as the US.  Bad die roles and the axis players were careful not to hit territories that would give the US points it needs to enter to war.  I like the technologies and I like that every die is getting you closer to the goal but oooohhhh how frustrating it can get when you roll one’s and two’s trying to get to forty.

@Dafyd:

Just to add to the question and answers, I believe that until you are at war, you can only buy one die per turn.  Once you are at war, you can buy up to three dies to develop up to three technologies.  It can take a while to get to heavy bombers.  Shoot…it can take a while to get into the war if your are the US and can’t get a good dice role.  It took 7 rounds once for me to get into the war as the US.  Bad die roles and the axis players were careful not to hit territories that would give the US points it needs to enter to war.  I like the technologies and I like that every die is getting you closer to the goal but oooohhhh how frustrating it can get when you roll one’s and two’s trying to get to forty.Â

Thanks Dafyd! I appreciate it. :-)

• Dafyd, where did you see were it says you can but up to 3 tech rolls only while at war?

• I don’t understand the way tech is written either. We just play without it because the rules so unclear.

However, some of the answers on this board are different than the rulebook on other issues. We getting frustrated trying to understand what things mean and have stepped away from the game for a while.

It’s a lot of fun but a long game. Also, ambiguous rules can create issues.

• Hey Bill. You wildcatter you.

• '14

@billcallaway:

I don’t understand the way tech is written either. We just play without it because the rules so unclear.

However, some of the answers on this board are different than the rulebook on other issues. We getting frustrated trying to understand what things mean and have stepped away from the game for a while.

The Tech chart was suppose to be simple to understand. If you arent at war you can only purchase 1 die for techs. If you are at war you can purchase up to 3 dice per tech.  You add up yhe dice rolls each turn until you get to the specified number on the tech chart.  I dont have the rules in front of me so if I am wrong ill repost.  Super simple to use.  I made some of the techs harder to get so you have to spend money to get them.

@Tigerman77:

@billcallaway:

I don’t understand the way tech is written either. We just play without it because the rules so unclear.

The Tech chart was suppose to be simple to understand. If you arent at war you can only purchase 1 die for techs. If you are at war you can purchase up to 3 dice per tech.  You add up yhe dice rolls each turn until you get to the specified number on the tech chart.  I dont have the rules in front of me so if I am wrong ill repost.  Super simple to use.  I made some of the techs harder to get so you have to spend money to get them.

Thanks Tigerman for the reply! :-)

• We will be playing our 12th game now. We just have an issue, discuss as group and move on.
    I must of missed the at war 3 techs only. Always understood the tech chart.

Just keep a eye out here for any changes or some new updates or discussions.

Tigerman, you need to go to last 4 topic posts where some people have asked questions starting with Gar.

Thank you  :wink:

• '14

I know….ive read them but when I read them I dont have the rules with me. Then when I. An get to the rules I don’t have the time!!..ill start doing better!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m