• '15

@Gamerman01:

ANZAC air can also take out an Italian destroyer blocker in the Mediterranean, and then the USA/UK can wreak havoc.  Can open the can opener (Italy)

Holy crap. This is not a half bad idea, if the timing works out right and ANZAC isn’t forced by Japan to go 100% turtle.

AZ 1: Build it.
    AZ 2: New South Wales -> Central US/SE.Mexico.
    AZ 3: On the next turn it can hit SZ 92.

You likely won’t ever play a game where buying it turn 1 is necessary, but the above illustrates how “quickly” it could get there. If you have it in mind when America begins to gear up for an Atlantic entry, you’ll probably be able to get there in time.

• '14 Customizer

@teslas:

@Gamerman01:

ANZAC air can also take out an Italian destroyer blocker in the Mediterranean, and then the USA/UK can wreak havoc.  Can open the can opener (Italy)

Holy crap. This is not a half bad idea, if the timing works out right and ANZAC isn’t forced by Japan to go 100% turtle.

AZ 1: Build it.
    AZ 2: New South Wales -> Central US/SE.Mexico.
    AZ 3: On the next turn it can hit SZ 92.

You likely won’t ever play a game where buying it turn 1 is necessary, but the above illustrates how “quickly” it could get there. If you have it in mind when America begins to gear up for an Atlantic entry, you’ll probably be able to get there in time.

You likely won’t ever play a game where buying it turn 1 is Possible, ANZAC starts with 10 so unless you have bid money you wont be able to build it on turn 1

• Like I said, you can fly it to Brazil after you buy it.  From Brazil I believe it can hit 92

It doesn’t have to be aircraft.  You can get a sub there pretty quickly too

Of course it’s not a bad idea.  I win 9 out of 10 games I play, dude, I know what I’m doing.  You’re welcome  :-)

• '15

@cyanight:

You likely won’t ever play a game where buying it turn 1 is Possible, ANZAC starts with 10 so unless you have bid money you wont be able to build it on turn 1

Snarky git :p

edit-
    Brazil seems inferior to Central US/SE.Mexico? Both are 4 away from SZ 92. Both are 6 away from London.

The Central US territories additionally also allow it to get back to Hawaii. Brazil does not. Any reason why you prefer Brazil?

• '15

How about loading the Anzac troops in Egypt on a UK transport, dropping them in Persia round 2, then buying a factory and landing the 3 fighters there round 3?  Starting in round 4 Anzac would have 4 inf, 3 fighters and be producing units.

• @teslas:

edit-
    Brazil seems inferior to Central US/SE.Mexico? Both are 4 away from SZ 92. Both are 6 away from London.

The Central US territories additionally also allow it to get back to Hawaii. Brazil does not. Any reason why you prefer Brazil?

You’re probably right.  Two things for you to consider, though.

One is, maybe USA is not at war yet so you can’t land on Central USA.  Maybe ANZ or UK has taken Brazil.

Second is, you do have more options to get deeper into Africa.  But you’re probably right - Central America would be better in many cases.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m