• I want to make sure this is the correct rule interpretation. If Russia violates the Neutrality Pact by invading Manchuria ans Korea, thereby making Mongolia completely neutral, does this neutrality continue even if Germany or any other Axis power attacks a neutral nation such as Turkey? According to my interpretation, Mongolia is a special case, and therefore, remains neutral despite what happens anywhere else on the board because Russia was the original violator. Thoughts?

• Hi leobarron2000,
    that is exactly the way I’m interpreting the rules.
    Greetings,
    Lars

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Correct interpretation.

• thank you sir

• Official Q&A

No, it is not correct.  Under these circumstances, Mongolia is treated like any other strict neutral, with the exception that it will never become pro-Axis unless attacked by the USSR.  If an Axis power attacks any strict neutral, it will become pro-Allies.

• So, if Germany attacks Spain, and thereby making the other strict neutrals - pro allied, then Russia can move troops into Mongolia, adding those troops to their total, even if Russia violated the neutrality pact several turns earlier, when it invaded Manchuria and Korea? Or does Mongolia remain strict regardless of Germany’s action’s in Spain?

• Official Q&A

@leobarron2000:

So, if Germany attacks Spain, and thereby making the other strict neutrals - pro allied, then Russia can move troops into Mongolia, adding those troops to their total, even if Russia violated the neutrality pact several turns earlier, when it invaded Manchuria and Korea?

Yes.  When the USSR violates the Defense Pact, Mongolia loses its pro-Soviet bias.  However, Mongolia retains its anti-Japan bias.  This bias will make it oppose Axis aggression against other strict neutrals while keeping it from supporting the Axis unless the Soviets attack it directly.

• If Japan attacks a Mongolian province, but doesn’t attack Russia, do the rest of the Mongolians become Russian automatically?

• Official Q&A

No.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m