Merging 1942.2 with some 1940.2 rules/units

• As I’ve mentioned in some other threads, just moved up from A&A classic (playing since 1986) to 1942.2 and have really enjoyed the new rules and units.  Hanging out here on the forum today got me thinking about the G40 version.  So I thought I’d see about combining the two a little bit.  I ordered some tactical bombers and mechanized infantry pieces, along with some naval/air base counters from the Historical Board Gaming site.  This seemed reasonable without having to drop funds on either both 1940.2 games or buying French, Italian etc pieces.

I’m ‘thinking’ that it would be a reasonable addition to add in stuff like naval/air bases along with tactical bombers and mech infantry to 1942.2.  I’m looking at the convoy disruption idea, but it’s late and I’m tired after a 12 hour shift on duty so I’m not getting that just yet.

So with keeping with the 1942.2 board and OOB, I’d like to hear suggestions for the addition of some mech infantry and tactical bombers to the 1942.2 OOB that doesn’t OP anyone.

Suggestions welcome (or if this has been done please point me in the right direction).  Thank you.  :-)

• '17 '16

I always plays 1942.2 with these units.
    Mechanized Infantry can be buy on first round.
    I don’t place any on the set-up.

About Tactical on the set-up, I split the 6 planes for Germany and Japan into 3 Fgs and 3 TcBs.
    I change 2 Fgs for 2 TcBs with UK.
    1 Russian Fg for 1 TcB.
    With USA, I usually change 2 Fgs for 2 TcBs.

However, I know that Oztea has made a few set-up with these units also.

I enjoy these additional G40 pieces into 1942.2.

My group isn’t played at a maximum optimized play, and I include myself.
    Mainly because we always try some HRs twist in every game.

• @Baron:

I always plays 1942.2 with these units.
    Mechanized Infantry can be buy on first round.
    I don’t place any on the set-up.

About Tactical on the set-up, I split the 6 planes for Germany and Japan into 3 Fgs and 3 TcBs.
    I change 2 Fgs for 2 TcBs with UK.
    1 Russian Fg for 1 TcB.
    With USA, I usually change 2 Fgs for 2 TcBs.

However, I know that Oztea has made a few set-up with these units also.

I enjoy these additional G40 pieces into 1942.2.

My group isn’t played at a maximum optimized play, and I include myself.
    Mainly because we always try some HRs twist in every game.

Okay, excellent!  And thank you.  That means I’m not the only one thinking along these lines and that the idea works.  I like your ideas and I’ll look for Oztea’s as well.  The combined arms rule tosses some new things into the mix and I really like that.  Reminds me of Fortress America.

Do you use the naval/air bases?  As soon as I saw that idea I liked it and thought it quite interesting.  Gonna have to look at the convoy disruption thing again after a good nights sleep.  Reading it last night and wasn’t quite getting it.  But it looks interesting.

• '17 '16

Young Grasshopper has made a video on YouTube  Cliffside Bunker Channel which explains clearly how it works in Global game.

Then you should read my thread on Convoy Disruption for 1942.2.
    There is two mechanics invented to try.

• @Baron:

Young Grasshopper has made a video on YouTube  Cliffside Bunker Channel which explains clearly how it works in Global game.

Then you should read my thread on Convoy Disruption for 1942.2.
    There is two mechanics invented to try.

Thanks again, took a look at YG’s YT channel and found the explanation for CD.  That clears it up nicely and now we can add that to the game as well.  Should be quite interesting to add this tactic.  He mentioned that it’s the responsibility of the player to point out to the other players where he can be CD’d.  Only thing I don’t necessarily agree with.  Should be the other person’s responsibility to keep an eye on the board for when/where they can CD.  Other than that it looks pretty straight forward now that I’ve seen it explained.

Taking a look at your thread as well.  :-)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m