• The 1984 classic, which I’m most familiar with has the special weapons development.  We’ve started playing 1942.2 and are really enjoying it (even more than we did the classic).  Has anyone continued to use the special weapons development (or some form of it) with other versions?  If so, how’d it go for you.

Additionally, I see that some of the other editions have specialty things as options.  I haven’t explored this in-depth yet, but saw a few interesting things that caught my eye.  Does anyone use any of those rules with editions that don’t have them?  Again, if you do, what do you use and how do you like it?

• Downloaded the 1940 Global rules and have printed out the development chart.  Leaning towards inserting this into our 1942.2 game.

• Customizer

1942.2 did not come with the Weapons Development because they had that in Global and Anniversary and they wanted 1942 (both editions) to be a simpler game. However, I’m sure you can easily bring the weapons development into that game. You would just need your own chart to keep track of them.

Also, if you get a chance to get a copy of the rulebook from Revised, they have a neat optional rule called National Advantages. These are unique to each country and might give them a slight edge in certain situations. Each nation (just the big 5) gets 6 different advantages to choose from and you can use none, any or all of them. Some advantages are a one time use while others continue throughout the game. It’s a pretty neat thing to add a little flavor to your game.

• @knp7765:

1942.2 did not come with the Weapons Development because they had that in Global and Anniversary and they wanted 1942 (both editions) to be a simpler game. However, I’m sure you can easily bring the weapons development into that game. You would just need your own chart to keep track of them.

It will be easy enough.  I printed out the development chart and glued it to a cardboard backer.  Same with the 1940 battle chart.

Also, if you get a chance to get a copy of the rulebook from Revised, they have a neat optional rule called National Advantages. These are unique to each country and might give them a slight edge in certain situations. Each nation (just the big 5) gets 6 different advantages to choose from and you can use none, any or all of them. Some advantages are a one time use while others continue throughout the game. It’s a pretty neat thing to add a little flavor to your game.

I glanced at that and may have to take a closer look at it.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m